Jump to content

millefleur

Members, Global Mod
  • Content Count

    8,095
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Reputation Activity

  1. Sad
    millefleur reacted to Wuozopo for a status update, For anyone interested, my wife used my account to help so many of you. She did this b   
    For anyone interested, my wife used my account to help so many of you. She did this because she got banned on her own account for no apparent reason some while back. She formerly posted and helped so many under the name “nicknick” I believe.
    Unfortunately she passed away this week after a two and a half year battle with cancer. She even kept up her support for y’all during this time, and I know many many of you appreciated her input.
  2. Like
    millefleur reacted to 1800X for a status update, To all who recommended the secondary inspection. Thank You . I went straight to their   
    To all who recommended the secondary inspection. Thank You . I went straight to their Atlanta office this afternoon. While the Officer I spoke with seemed sympathetic he unfortunately continuously told me there was nothing he could do. He did look at her IR1 Visa and the Visitor stamp and asked a few questions and repeated this is not a clerical error and this office can not assist. He did suggest we (she) attempt to enter again except this time try by air rather than ground. It is this officers opinion this is not a clerical error but a judgment call and he can not second guess another officer. 
     He did admit the first officer(s) should have let her pass without a problem but again nothing he can do. He also informed me he cannot "look at her file" or assist in anyway other than to suggest she try again from a different port. 
     I think we have decided to do just that. Since my wife was not handed any documentation of any kind and especially nothing stating any restrictions to enter on her IR1 we can not see how attempting again without proof of resignation or lease terminations in hand. 
     We are also contacting another Immigration attorney to get reassured this is not going to cause long term problems. 
     
  3. Like
    millefleur reacted to 1800X for a status update, Hi to all who found this post and are interested. We definately didn't mean to start   
    Hi to all who found this post and are interested. We definately didn't mean to start anything we just thought we'd see if anyone had ever experienced this. Some of you may have seen us on Jim Hacking live and our experience is as we talked about with him. Our two main concerns have been first and foremost getting her to USA as a LPR. Second is and always will be not getting banned from any country at anytime. I truly found my soulmate and would commute for a lifetime if that's what it takes however we have obviously talked with Mr. Hacking as well as consulting  with two other immigration attorneys. All agree, as we do, a CBP officer has the final decision at the time of entry who to allow in and why. This officer determined my wife was not moving on the day she presented at the border, true or not this was her decision and she provided my wife  a B2 visitor visa instead of allowing the IR1. 
     We are not POE shopping as my wife has a valid legal IR1.  We don't agree she should have to resign her job as she can now work remotely and we will continue to lease our house in canada and keep a vehicle there as our youngest adult son will maintain the property and the vehicle so we have a home base to operate from when we go back to Canada to visit her family and our grandson. 
     We have decided to take the legal advice and I will fly to Canada at the end of March to spend some more time with our grandson. My wife and I will then present her IR1 at one of the international airports prior to her expiry date  and fly back to the states to move our belongings into the home we will build together. 
     If we again run into problems she will again take whatever legal entry is offered. If she is unable to get her LPR status then we will start the entire process again after her current IR1expires. We have been informed on multiple occasions it could be more difficult to get if this one expires but it's really out of our hands and we have accepted that. We are in no way trying to game the system, or otherwise circumvent the rules and regulations of LPR status. We just want her to be legal to change careers in the USA if the offer ever presents itself. Again we are not POE shopping and will explain we believe perhaps there was a miscommunication on the 16th of February if necessary. My wife was coming into USA for a week while we look at property and was returning to Canada a week later to finalize the finer points of moving. Perhaps we misunderstood the requirements perhaps the CPB officer did, but we do and always will have ties to Canada and will spend as much time as legally offered with her family.  
     She will be going back to Canada in 6 days. I will go up late March and we will return before April 17 through an international airport. I will post our experience here for those who want to know and or who may one day find themselves in a similar situation. 
     Thank you all for the interest questions and  suggestions. You are all great. 
  4. Like
    millefleur reacted to k whorton for a status update, My fiance just received the 2 doses of the pfizer vaccine in Zagreb Coatia, they are   
    My fiance just received the 2 doses of the pfizer vaccine in Zagreb Coatia, they are allowing tourist to be vaccinated there. Going home tomorrow to Russia as I have a 3 year multi entry visa to Russia. Very smooth and process and many Russians going there! FYI
  5. Sad
    millefleur reacted to Giodude for a status update, Still waiting for any news/update on the embassy in Russia to open. 😩   
    Still waiting for any news/update on the embassy in Russia to open. 😩
×
×
  • Create New...