MzAllen

Who Else Thinks Their Spouse Committed Marriage Fraud?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I really wish the OP would return to clarify a couple things......I am interested in hearing more about this lawsuit plan.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, angelbrown said:

Sometimes the family is in on it for the greater good of the family.

What makes you think you were duped? Could it be that it just did not work out? I’m just asking because on the flip side people don’t realize the strain of someone uprooting and relocating their life to a foreign land. And sometimes foreigners have an unrealistic view because the American dream is often something they see on tv. So when those 2 things clash with real life, all the lovey dovey feelings you had when visiting goes out the window. 

What stage are you in? You don’t have a timeline completed. What would the class action be for? There’s really nothing you can do unless you have solid proof. Hearsay and speculation won’t cut it with USCIS. It may be best to let the process run its course so you can be off the hook for the 864. Best of luck to you.

Your post makes more sense to me than any of the previous posts so I'll gladly respond. First of all, thanks for your consideration. In hindsight, now I see clearly that this fiasco was all staged and fraud, no matter what anyone says nor thinks about me. I can't explain specifically in great detail how I was "duped", it was just the entire change of emotions, feelings, emotional and mental abuse then abandonment after the green card was issued.

No, I can tell you, it just didn't work out, it was planned for the situationship not to work out. And I agree with you wholeheartedly, I'm sure the reality shock came once he entered and found out that life wasn't like it is on TV. And I finally woke up and refused to take care of him! I made him get out there and find gainful employment and stop being a walking ATM machine to him and his family, that caused some of the problems too, according to him.

And whatever lawsuit I will pursue, I am basing it on the grounds that the USCIS and ICE failed to protect my best interests. By that I mean, the embassy in Jamaica allowed him to come over, despite the fact that he was flagged in their system for attempting to come over to the US before illegally and they didn't followup up with any type of accountability as they promised (home visits for example) after he came over to the US from Jamaica.

And he has a 10 yr green card, and we have been separated for almost 4 years. I am not as hurt as one thinks any longer and healing by becoming in love with myself. Yet,if you can just imagine for one minute, it's the circumstances, and manipulation that's hard to swallow. At this point, I am not even covertly trying to get this man deported...The entire vision here is to get the government to look at this type of fraud too, and not solely for people just trying to make a better life for themselves, jumping over walls, going through tunnels etc., and not using other people on the pretense on a bonafide relationship. I definitely have proof to provide to whomever that we never had anything close to a relationship, ever!

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/proving-bona-fide-marriage.html

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

I really wish the OP would return to clarify a couple things......I am interested in hearing more about this lawsuit plan.

What does OP mean, sorry...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucky Cat said:

Seriously?   YOU provided them with the information they used to issue the visa....You are wasting your money.  I hope you find peace.

Did it happen to you may I ask?

Timeline
Just now, MzAllen said:

You are the OP.....Original Poster.  Thanks for explaining who you intend to sue.  I appreciate the feedback.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, MzAllen said:

Original Poster

I'm sorry this happened to you, and yes, it happens more frequently than you would think, but it is not on the government to protect you. If you look back on it now, I'm sure there were warning signs you missed... 

1 minute ago, MzAllen said:

"OP" = "Original post" or "Original poster" 

While I sympathize with your situation as I have witnessed many friends go through manipulative relationships (not always involving an immigrant either), you are wasting your time and money with a "lawsuit". And what does ICE have to do with your case? Your ex is a legal immigrant, meaning ICE has never gone after nor do they have any reason to, unless your ex commits a major crime here in the USA.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MzAllen said:

Did it happen to you may I ask?

That is irrelevant to the merits of any lawsuit against USCIS or DOS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, davidvs said:

Original Poster

I'm sorry this happened to you, and yes, it happens more frequently than you would think, but it is not on the government to protect you. If you look back on it now, I'm sure there were warning signs you missed... 

You are correct, and it's the government too because he was flagged in the system previously for trying to pull the same thing. Regardless of the outcome, at the end of the day, I'm happy that God took out the trash for ME! And hopefully no one else makes the same mistakes that I did!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

So the basis of the case would be that USCIS, DOS etc. have a duty of care to a petitioner to make sure they are not duped.

And that in processing a visa they were not diligent in ensuring that did not happen somehow.

An interesting argument and one that I could see apply in other areas. For example could you sue the DMV for issuing a drivers license to someone who was then involved in an accident in which you were injured?

There is an old adage, If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!!!! Thanks and have a happy life!!!!

Timeline
Just now, MzAllen said:

You are correct, and it's the government too because he was flagged in the system previously for trying to pull the same thing.

It seems you and he provided some very good evidence to convince the consulate that your relationship was legitimate. 

3 minutes ago, MzAllen said:

You are correct, and it's the government too because he was flagged in the system previously for trying to pull the same thing. Regardless of the outcome, at the end of the day, I'm happy that God took out the trash for ME! And hopefully no one else makes the same mistakes that I did!

So he had tried to marry a different US citizen and fraudulently obtain permanent residency through marriage? What's the story there about him being "flagged in the system previously"? 

Edited by mushroomspore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.