Dustin725

US Embassies can now process more visas

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ras Ous said:

Can anyone confirm Stepchild of US falls under IR2?

Of course yes. If you were married before his 18 y.o. According immigration process stepchilds qualify as a us citizen children. Did you apply also petition for your child right? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
42 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

I just wish the embassies would announce anything even if it is no or that they are looking into opening and what services. 

I think also of us could agree that the lack of information is a real pain in the butt... Months have gone by and still we wait hopeful of any words of hope. Even this news does not really mean anything if the embassy is closed or locked down by the local government. I had not seen my husband in almost 18months and was supposed to get back out there in March - It all got cancelled. I just want to go home. 

I am not a religious person but I must admit to quietly praying for news.

Stay strong! We will get though this!

Everything will work out. Destination will still be the same. Its more like boarding first class vs economy class. Both will get to the same destination but one boards faster than the other. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Henry357 said:

Exactly, there is a major difference under all US laws. I don’t even think a fiancé is considered a relative in most cases under US law;  a spouse is your next of kin and even has common property right in a lot of states.

I mean K1 are under the Immediate  Relative and Family Sponsored visas on the Travel State Dept  Website. So obviously somebody considers them relatives. Lol

344AE661-EFB2-4175-9916-D056E1888DB3.png

5 minutes ago, Aly123 said:

I mean K1 are under the Immediate  Relative and Family Sponsored visas on the Travel State Dept  Website. So obviously somebody considers them relatives. Lol

The DS-160 requires listing a fiance/fiancee as an immediate relative, too.

At the same time, not all relatives are treated equally. As alluded to above, a fiance/fiancee is not exempt from the travel bans based on physical presence, but spouses are. Spouses are awarded all sorts of benefits that don't apply to a fiance, really. The only time a fiance/fiancee is treated on a near-equal footing with immigration is in conjunction with a K-1 visa application (such as qualifying for certain waivers that only an IR like a spouse would normally qualify for).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

20 hours ago, Dustin725 said:

UPDATE JUNE 17th:
Routine visas services have been suspended at U.S. posts worldwide, but as resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services.  Mission-critical immigrant visa categories may include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under this presidential proclamation, such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, and certain employment-based medical professionals, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out.  While embassies and consulates may process these types of cases, their ability to do so may be limited by local government restrictions and available resources.  In addition, an applicant’s ability to travel may be impacted by local laws, regulations, and travel restrictions

So it seems visa services will resume for these visa categories. US Embassy in Jamaica has already confirmed they will be scheduling interviews for IR1/IR2 and CR1/CR2 beginning next week. Source is their official Facebook page. 

sources: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

https://m.facebook.com/USEmbassyJamaica/

do they mean those who are currently under 21 of us citizen or those who got their approval before they turned 21??

11 hours ago, Dougefresh56 said:

I don't want to be rude. But its easy for you to say that you are not separated from your loved one. So as much "sense" as it makes dont wag the finger at other people for being frustrated.

But we have all been through our own periods of separation. Some longer than others. We all understand that. We went through a denial going “the other way” (USC moving to be other country) and the the CR-1 process. We had been married for over 2 years before we could live together. He’s not saying you are wrong to be frustrated. He’s trying to give the reasons behind the decisions. There is a crisis at USCIS at the moment and this is how they are handling it, rightly or wrongly. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

26 minutes ago, Leyla100 said:

do they mean those who are currently under 21 of us citizen or those who got their approval before they turned 21??

People who are being processed as IR-2 or CR-2. It means F3 are excluded. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.