Jump to content

Sego

Members
  • Content Count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Sego

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 356786
  • Location Auxerre, France

Profile Information

  • City
    Sacramento
  • State
    California

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Country
    France

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hello and thank you very much for your detailed answer!! My fiance is definitely in love with California and share some of your views but from outside moving exactly when there are so many riots happening and all is quite scary! Thus being pregnant, makes me wonder about long term safety for my child. I guess it is everywhere the same but when it is your own country there is less uncertainty as you know your own place better than a foreign country, you speak the languages very well etc etc. I've visited several times and we will settle in Sacramento for now, considering a move to SF after couple of years maybe. We also spent some time in Tahoe and I really enjoyed the more"country side" and small city vibe. We're even considering settling in a similar vibe place if we are tired of cities but cities are great to find a job (at least it is easier). My fiance came to France several times and really liked it here so maybe that's why with all of this happening it makes us wonder more than it should! I mean I should be in California since couple of months already and living the protest from within land I am sure I will not be as scared as I am now. But thank you again for sharing such a detailed answer!!
  2. Hi! Congratulations on your pregnancy ! No I do not have it yet 😕 My interview keep being rescheduled. My future husband is a teacher and I will be covered by his insurance as well, we are not worried so much about the quality or the care in USA but we just want to be together for the birth so I need to travel because he will be working and most likely miss the birth if I stay in France and probably the first month too as we are not sure he will have paternity leave (he is starting his new job in august)
  3. You are correct, it is illegal but as an employee you legally have to let your employer know when you reach 3months pregnancy. I am already above the 3 months so it means it will have to let the recruiter know I am pregnant at some point of the recruitment process and it might be a turn off (I work in HR so luckily I know labor laws quite well but also that recruiters can work around it without having any way to prove it). They do not have to give me the job as long as the reason why is not my pregnancy but in really it happens, it is jut not verbalize to avoid lawsuit. And thanks for your advice, we will work on a pros and cons list to decide whats best even given the actually circumstances!
  4. I've applied for an emergency interview explaining my situation and i was denied as well. I do agree with you, all we can do is hope for the best and stay strong during this hard time. Just makes us double think when you can have other options to consider. I guess things will not change tomorrow so it will give us time to reflect more . Being positive is all we can do but somedays are harder than others! Thanks for sharing you view and good luck!
  5. Yes I've looked into it a while ago before we filed for our K1 and I aware of all the steps. Moving to the US just seemed the best option for us at that time. We are just wondering if it's still is. Thanks for sharing your personal experience.
  6. Thank you for your reply. I am very aware of all the steps if we choose to settle in France (mariage, work authorisation for my fiance and all) and that we will have to file for a CR1 visa if we decide to come back to USA later.My fiance will be able to get a residence permit and work authorisation in France fairly easily if we settle there and I was not asking so much about this as I know this website is about us immigration . I mentioned it in a previous reply but basically I need to fly out by mid-september at the latest, some airlines might be ok until the end of september but few knowing I will start my last month of pregnancy at this stage. Yes my apprehensions are about the protests and we will live in a city in California and no we are not both white. If as you said things go on and off I guess I will have to just get used to it but it just seems a little scary from afar when you still have other options to consider. I wasn't in France during all the protest and riots so I am not used to that at all anymore and it feels different when it is your own country I guess because you know things better. Moving abroad is a big step (I have done it before) but when there is those type of events happening while you move it just adds a little worry, at least that's how I feel!
  7. For the first cancellation, the embassy rescheduled it and for the second cancellation as soon as I got my cancellation notice I was able to rebook an appointment on the website. I am not sure if this website is used only by French embassy or not. I wish you good luck too! Thanks for your reply
  8. Thank you for your reply and point of view. I am not worried about the care itself either in France or US but about the last minute registration if I cannot flight before the end of the summer. I've already found an hospital in both countries but once I move to USA there will be several administrative steps to take before being fully covered and it might take some time. I am not challenging the airlines rules and I have done the research. I am aware of different airlines rules but it just gives a hard deadline on when I can fly at the latest (mid september in my case if my pregnancy goes well). I didn't quit my job, I was on a short term contract that ended in January and they didn't wanted to extend my contract as I was supposed to fly in March and they were not interested in extending for only a month. Since March and being unable to travel I am looking for a job in France but given the actual situation worldwide and my pregnancy you can imagine not many companies are interested to hire me. But again, thank you for sharing your views.
  9. Hello everyone, I am posting to share some of my current thought process to see if anyone is in a similar situation and have advices. I am a french citizen and my fiance and I filed for our K1 visa. Our petition was approved and I was supposed to have my interview in march and then may but both got cancelled because of the coronavirus crisis. It is now rescheduled for July 1st but until I am in the office interviewing I am thinking it might be cancelled again depending on the coronavirus situation, travel ban, EO etc. My fiance and I are facing a dilemma because the more the situation is lasting, uncertainty of when I will be able to move, and then potential back logs to have a green card and work, the more we are thinking maybe it is not the best option for us to settle in the US right now. Given the recents events in the States I have to admit it feels a little scary to me to move. Also, I am pregnant so dealing with the uncertainty of all of this plus where I will deliver is adding more stress. It is also adding a deadline on until when I can flight as airlines have their own restrictions for pregnant women. So we are now starting considering settling in France instead so I can have some peace of mind to finish this pregnancy and deliver at home BUT because I was supposed to go to USA in March I am now unemployed, I do not have my own place anymore (staying with family) and chances to have a job while pregnant are very slim. My fiance do not speak french so he will not be able to find a job right away. Our financial situation should be ok thanks to family support but still far from idea until I find a new job after my pregnancy. So I wonder if some of you are in a similar situation meaning hesitating and considering changing plan and settling in the other partner country because of all the delays on visa ? Or if you have any advices as an external viewer even though you are not going through something similar. I do not entend this post to start a polemic whatsoever I am just seeking for external opinions as I feel me and my fiance are pretty biased and kinda emotional about the situation as it is bringing us quite a lot of stress. Thank you for your help!
  10. I knew that and I agree with you but apparently my interview will not take place for this reason. My goal was to have my visa in hand and just get ready to travel as soon as possible as K1 visa is valid for 6 months. I will just wait and see what the Embassy is doing with interviews but if they cancel mine in May and do not reschedule until this travel ban is lifted (by the way it was supposed to be for 30 days but now the wording specify until terminated)... not so much to do!!
  11. Just for those who are interested by this topic, the Embassy referred me to the overall travel ban as an explanation of why my visa interview might be cancelled again, the one that was announced at the beginning of March. " Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the Schengen Area during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation. Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry. (a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to: (i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States; (ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident; (iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21; (iv) any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21; (v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications; (vi) any alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus; (vii) any alien traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any alien otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew; (viii) any alien (A) seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to one of the following visas: A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), E-1 (as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee’s immediate family members), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 (or seeking to enter as a nonimmigrant in one of those NATO categories); or (B) whose travel falls within the scope of section 11 of the United Nations Headquarters Agreement; (ix) any alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, through the CDC Director or his designee; (x) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; (xi) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees; or (xii) members of the U.S. Armed Forces and spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces. (b) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to affect any individual’s eligibility for asylum, withholding of removal, or protection under the regulations issued pursuant to the legislation implementing the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, consistent with the laws and regulations of the United States. Sec. 3. Implementation and Enforcement. (a) The Secretary of State shall implement this proclamation as it applies to visas pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may establish. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall implement this proclamation as it applies to the entry of aliens pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, may establish. (b) Consistent with applicable law, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Transportation, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall ensure that any alien subject to this proclamation does not board an aircraft traveling to the United States. (c) The Secretary of Homeland Security may establish standards and procedures to ensure the application of this proclamation at and between all United States ports of entry. (d) An alien who circumvents the application of this proclamation through fraud, willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or illegal entry shall be a priority for removal by the Department of Homeland Security. Sec. 4. Termination. This proclamation shall remain in effect until terminated by the President. The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall recommend that the President continue, modify, or terminate this proclamation as described in section 5 of Proclamation 9984, as amended. Sec. 5. Effective Date. This proclamation is effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 13, 2020. This proclamation does not apply to persons aboard a flight scheduled to arrive in the United States that departed prior to 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 13, 2020."
  12. I have no idea! My interview was scheduled at the beginning of March just after they cancelled the one that was supposed to take place in March. So I will just wait and see!!
  13. That's what I am saying that the situation in France does not impact their decision but the situation will allows interviews to take place so if they are gonna cancel it still I just wonder what is the reasoning behind.
  14. I got in touch with Paris embassy today about my visa. My interviews was supposed to be on March 18th, cancelled and pushed back to May 20th. They are telling me that is it likely that my interview will be cancel again so it makes me wonder if K1s are really part of the exemptions of the EO. France will be out of stay at home mesures from May 11th so I wonder why my interview will be cancelled again apart from the fact that they consider K1 are included in the immigration ban and so are following measures and not issuing my visa.
  15. My K1 visa interview was scheduled for March 19h but cancelled the day before and postpone to May 20th. My petition expire April 4th so I hope this will not cause any problem at the interview in May and wonder about other documentation too as there will be two more months so maybe I will need additional documents (pay stubs, more recent proof of relationship, etc.)
×
×
  • Create New...