Dustin725

US Embassies can now process more visas

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

ACS has no say on visa services, though. They're physically next to each other so it's certainly possible the ACS staff have some insight, but this is also like asking the DMV what the requirements for an SSN are. They may know as they deal with SSNs often, but it's not really their say either so it's yet another thing to take with a grain of salt.

Great point.

Either way it’s a waiting game for official word.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/18/2020 at 5:12 PM, Henry357 said:

Exactly, there is a major difference under all US laws. I don’t even think a fiancé is considered a relative in most cases under US law;  a spouse is your next of kin and even has common property right in a lot of states.

It’s not even an enforceable commitment of any kind.   K1 is just a visa to come and get married; there is no obligation to get married or adjust status. You can leave before 90 days and just say it didn’t work out. 

Also, there are a bunch of non-immigrant Visa’s that’s allow dual intent. 

You can file for divorce after 1 day and say it did not work out too. Marriage does not mean life long commitment. 

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

1 minute ago, imsan said:

You can file for divorce after 1 day and say it did not work out too. Marriage does not mean life long commitment. 

But for at least that 1 day there is a legal commitment (and often for even longer due to "cooling  off"/waiting periods, court processing timelines, etc.).

I think the point was that there are legal differences and processes involved between a marriage and fiance/fiancee relationship (which can be terminated instantly, via pretty much any form, and without any legal process).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/18/2020 at 6:16 AM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

We all need to understand that K1 is a hybrid visa. it is non immigrant but with migration intent...By the standards of migration K1's are recognized as spouse of US citizens. As to being a hybrid visa it can be confusing most time to which category it belongs to. For those of us that watched the US embassy in Jamaica facebook live chat yesterday, the question of K1 was raised again and the lady answered that K1's will be processed!

From my understanding the lady said that K1s do not fall under regular routine visa services so are not processed . 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Henry357 said:

Exactly, there is a major difference under all US laws. I don’t even think a fiancé is considered a relative in most cases under US law;  a spouse is your next of kin and even has common property right in a lot of states.

It’s not even an enforceable commitment of any kind.   K1 is just a visa to come and get married; there is no obligation to get married or adjust status. You can leave before 90 days and just say it didn’t work out. 

Also, there are a bunch of non-immigrant Visa’s that’s allow dual intent. 

This is very sad that you don’t even think fiancé is consider  as relative.
We all are stock here with uncertainty of embassies being reopen 😕

& would be better  If we support each other here instead of thinking who’s relative has more priorities!! Didn’t you guys were  fiancé/ fiancée in the begging just like us today? Or you became husband/ wife without first step!?? Don’t you think we all missing our “ other half” in this process & long distances:/ 
people upset waiting for their loves ones to be united with them. Some choose CR-1 some K-1 , I’ve personally love my future husband& miss him so badly in this difficult time ( we applied for K-1 to be together sooner, cause I lost my 20 y.o. son , he was killed walking on the road) I cry everyday and need my fiancé here !

So...... before anyone can say :

“I don’t even think a fiancé is considered a relative”- think twice!!

its unimaginable for us to wait for our loved ones:( 💔

On 6/18/2020 at 4:59 PM, retheem said:

Actually, there is rationale; a fiance is just that. A fiance. Not an official marital term. As in "you will be" not "you are". A spouse is a defined term. As in the wife. Are you doubting? Let's pull the dictionary.  Ever wondered where no official document has a marital term "fiance"?

Unfortunately when the rubber meets the road, such details can make the difference between a yay and a nay. This thing is more like GO/NO GO gage.  Not what you would want to hear today, but it is what it is at this point. Sorry pal

We all are stock here with uncertainty of embassies being reopen 😕

& would be better  If we support each other here instead of thinking who’s relative has more priorities!! Didn’t you guys were  fiancé/ fiancée in the begging just like us today? Or you became husband/ wife without first step!?? Don’t you think we all missing our “ other half” in this process & long distances:/ 
people upset waiting for their loves ones to be united with them. Some choose CR-1 some K-1 , I’ve personally love my future husband& miss him so badly in this difficult time ( we applied for K-1 to be together sooner, cause I lost my 20 y.o. son , he was killed walking on the road) I cry everyday and need my fiancé here !

So...... before anyone can say :

its unimaginable for us to wait for our loved ones:( 💔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vitalii&Lana said:

We all are stock here with uncertainty of embassies being reopen 😕

& would be better  If we support each other here instead of thinking who’s relative has more priorities!! Didn’t you guys were  fiancé/ fiancée in the begging just like us today? Or you became husband/ wife without first step!?? Don’t you think we all missing our “ other half” in this process & long distances:/ 

So...... before anyone can say :

its unimaginable for us to wait for our loved ones:( 💔

@Henry357 They never said they don't "emotionally and personally" consider Fiancees relatives in their heart. They literally were talking about in the eyes of the LAW and legally they aren't considered "immediate relatives" and explained factually once again that K1 are non-immigrant Visa’s that’s allow dual intent. 

Your having a emotional response and lashing out when you shouldn't. We all support each other here in the Visa Journey community and wish each other the very best. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, Vitalii&Lana said:

We all are stock here with uncertainty of embassies being reopen 😕

& would be better  If we support each other here instead of thinking who’s relative has more priorities!! Didn’t you guys were  fiancé/ fiancée in the begging just like us today? Or you became husband/ wife without first step!?? Don’t you think we all missing our “ other half” in this process & long distances:/ 

So...... before anyone can say :

its unimaginable for us to wait for our loved ones:( 💔

You may consider a fiancé a relative but the truth if the matter is in the eyes of the law a fiancé is NOT a relative. A fiancé doesn’t have the same rights as a spouse. It’s just the truth. Sometimes you need to take a step back to not look at it from an emotional way. I can lost countless ways they aren’t equal but I won’t bother. A fiancé is a person one plans on marrying.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
10 hours ago, Vitalii&Lana said:

I don't think it's sad. You're not related yet, that's why you're going through the process in the first place.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here's what rapidvisa had to say:

Daniel:Are they still processing K1 visas ?
Ann:To be honest, everything is fine. We've been receiving calls today saying that there petitions got approved from the USCIS
Ann:The only thing is that they can't move forward since embassy's are closed
Ann:USCIS are still processing petitions
Daniel:ok, that's great to know. thank you so much 😃

So my take is that the processing is still happening, it's the issuing that's halted. So for those of us who are in the processing stage at least get to move forward to the next step and since it takes months anyway, the loss of time is relative to where you're at. 

Edited by daniel_and_lily

42 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

So my take is that the processing is still happening, it's the issuing that's halted. So for those of us who are in the processing stage at least get to move forward to the next step and since it takes months anyway, the loss of time is relative to where you're at. 

USCIS is still processing petitions. This has nothing to do with visa issuance, though. USCIS does not handle visas.

The consulates and embassies are not taking in new visa cases or interviewing, except fore emergency circumstances.

Some consulates have indicated that they plan to resume processing of certain types of visas soon. Check with the local consulate for specifics.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, daniel_and_lily said:

Processing is happening in the US. The moment it gets to the local embassies, if they're even being sent to them, all progress is halted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.