Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

• Captain Ewok changed the title to USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all Local Offices from March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19
  • Captain Ewok pinned this topic
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Captain Ewok said:

USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19.  This includes all scheduled interviews.  Processing at USCIS offices not requiring face time will continue as normal.

Full details from USCIS are here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

source: https://www.uscis.gov/

I had my ceremony scheduled for today (March 18th)!😢

I guess I gotta wait until further notice

Edited by AmericanLife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
13 minutes ago, AmericanLife said:

oh no!!  I'm so sorry 😭😩.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It stinks! But I thank you for this notice.. because I was ready and was gonna go to the office for my ceremony, as I did but receive any communication for them!

1 hour ago, Captain Ewok said:

USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19.  This includes all scheduled interviews.  Processing at USCIS offices not requiring face time will continue as normal.

Full details from USCIS are here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

source: https://www.uscis.gov/

I have upcoming ceremony March 20 here in Ar. Is it cancelled also? I havent received any mail from the USCIS. 

Edited by jin2x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jin2x said:

I had my ceremony March 20 here in Ar. Is it cancelled also? I havent received any mail from the USCIS. 

image.png

But it can't hurt to call USCIS.  I suspect their phone will be slammed so call early.

image.png

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

F*@$ this F*@$ing virus. That will mean my interview on the 23rd will have to be rescheduled yet again. 4th time lucky maybe? My husband literally had to fly back to Colorado from Georgia (where he has been working) in preparation for my interview. His company had to make some huge changes to allow him to be able to come home. One of his colleagues literally put themselves at risk to fly over to Georgia and replace him, and now it’s all for nothing. I feel so terrible. 

Edited by emeline29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, AmericanLife said:

As much as it's in inconvenience, I'd rather be in your shoes right now, this is just delaying till further notice, I got k1 approved, was supposed to fly to the states beginning May, my visa expires 21 May, 😭. Have contacted the US embassy here in Amsterdam, but as of yet ive heard nothing. Still hopeful but stressed to the max, being only weeks away, it's awful, but remind myself there's so many people out there in the same boat. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This was expected. Throughly disappointing but not surprising. The surprise would have been continuing in person services in these circumstances.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, emeline29 said:

F*@$ this F*@$ing virus. That will mean my interview on the 23rd will have to be rescheduled yet again. 4th time lucky maybe? My husband literally had to fly back to Colorado from Georgia (where he has been working) in preparation for my interview. His company had to make some huge changes to allow him to be able to come home. One of his colleagues literally put themselves at risk to fly over to Georgia and replace him, and now it’s all for nothing. I feel so terrible. 

Am sorry for the new development but I was expecting this to happen.This is heart broken, I know how you are feeling right now, my interview was scheduled for 23rd next week monday but in all let the will of God be done. 

Edited by Yeap

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My AOS interview is on April 8. Do you think it’ll be rescheduled too? 😢 I’m confused since it states that “USCIS will send notification to those who are impacted by this closure”. I know our schedule is not within those dates. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This is disappointing but understandable in current 15-day rule circumstances. My Oath ceremony is canceled. Today, I got PDF letter on my USCIS online account (under documents tab) stating below... (I also got call from USCIS officer yesterday about my Oath cancellation as well.)

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on XXX date for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview appointment information, under separate notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice or the status of your case, please contact the USCIS Contact Center toll free at1-800-375-5283. If you are hearing impaired, please call the USCIS Contact Center TDD at 1-800-767-1833"

This might not be the right place to ask this or we might be getting ahead of ourselves.  But, do you think, once everything is back to "normal", that they will consider going back to not requiring interviews for every single case?  In other words, those that look solid on paper might move through like "old times".

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.