Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, asls said:

Does anyone know if we will be able to get a passport stamp? There's a lot of people whose status will expire and they need a passport stamp to renew license/ show to employer they're still legal here.

I'm not sure I understand your question. do you have a green card? do you have a work authorization paper? because with either of those you just have to send it through the mail you don't have to go anywhere in person.

Filed: Timeline

A lot of people have 2 year green card with pending i751 and pending n400.

The extension letter which is good for 18months will expire for a lot of people in a month, two, three, etc.

A lot of states give you a drivers license based on that 18months extension. So once that expires so does your DL, and you have to get a passport stamp to renew it.

Hope that makes it clearer.

So, will we be able to get a passport stamp for those who have a 2year green card with pending i751?

California

NOA1 - 19/01/2016

NOA2 approved - 22/03/2016

NVC status - READY - 20/04, 2016

11 minutes ago, asls said:

A lot of people have 2 year green card with pending i751 and pending n400.

The extension letter which is good for 18months will expire for a lot of people in a month, two, three, etc.

A lot of states give you a drivers license based on that 18months extension. So once that expires so does your DL, and you have to get a passport stamp to renew it.

Hope that makes it clearer.

So, will we be able to get a passport stamp for those who have a 2year green card with pending i751?

yeah that makes a lot more sense now to me. I just went through the process with my wife for the 2-year card she just got her two-year card a week ago.  I figured when we send it out 90 days before the two years they'll give us an extension letter but I had no idea your case is still pending even with the extension letter.  the whole process for my wifes 2-year card took nine months so are you saying that you're still waiting for a response even after 18 months?  I was hoping when we sent off for the 10-year card it would be a quicker process but I guess not. sorry I can't help you with the stamp in the passport original question

Edited by Todd55

19 minutes ago, Todd55 said:

yeah that makes a lot more sense now to me. I just went through the process with my wife for the 2-year card she just got her two-year card a week ago.  I figured when we send it out 90 days before the two years they'll give us an extension letter but I had no idea your case is still pending even with the extension letter.  the whole process for my wifes 2-year card took nine months so are you saying that you're still waiting for a response even after 18 months?  I was hoping when we sent off for the 10-year card it would be a quicker process but I guess not. sorry I can't help you with the stamp in the passport original question

I did read in the announcement from USCIS so that you can make an emergency appointment. so I don't know if your situation would qualify for an emergency but you can try that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The US-Mexico border could be shut down to non essential travel as early as tomorrow. 

We shall see , family members are exempt . Get married in Mexico? 

also you could go to Bahamas or cayman

ROC

03/05/2019 Notice to Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

04/05/2018 NOA from CSC (Biometrics waved) 

AOS

09/15/2016 EAD/AP Approved, Card in production, 09/23/2016 EAD/AP Received!

07/26/2015 Biometrics Notice Mailed (Appt 08/12/2015)

07/17/2015 NOA I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

10 minutes ago, Henry357 said:

We shall see , family members are exempt . Get married in Mexico? 

also you could go to Bahamas or cayman

Do you think a USC will be allowed in to Mexico to get married if the border is closed to non essential travel? Seems to be some risk involved. I wouldn't try it personally unless I was comfortable with the possibility of waiting this thing out in Mexico. To each their own though. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Do you think a USC will be allowed in to Mexico to get married if the border is closed to non essential travel? Seems to be some risk involved. I wouldn't try it personally unless I was comfortable with the possibility of waiting this thing out in Mexico. To each their own though. 

It’s not closed yet. go now. 

I personally would go to Bahamas or cayman island.  

ROC

03/05/2019 Notice to Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

04/05/2018 NOA from CSC (Biometrics waved) 

AOS

09/15/2016 EAD/AP Approved, Card in production, 09/23/2016 EAD/AP Received!

07/26/2015 Biometrics Notice Mailed (Appt 08/12/2015)

07/17/2015 NOA I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, Captain Ewok said:

USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19.  This includes all scheduled interviews.  Processing at USCIS offices not requiring face time will continue as normal.

Full details from USCIS are here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

source: https://www.uscis.gov/

i have my biometric on 4/3/20, does this mean i cant go ? Do i have to reschedule or the USCIS will contact me and let me know the new date ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife had her biometrics appointment for her I-131 scheduled for 03/25 but it was canceled because all field offices are closed. We had already made travel plans which are also now cancelled due to the borders being closed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.