Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Thefiance said:

Hey ,

to receive the EAD as well is there a personal interview? Or does that come in the mail?

There is no interview for EAD. You would receive that in the mail.

8 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

This might not be the right place to ask this or we might be getting ahead of ourselves.  But, do you think, once everything is back to "normal", that they will consider going back to not requiring interviews for every single case?  In other words, those that look solid on paper might move through like "old times".

I've been wondering about this too. The email I got says..

Your Case Status: Decision

On March 18, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 17, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

The wording almost sounds like they could waive the interview, case status is "decision". But of course I'm not getting my hopes up lol.

2 minutes ago, H&G said:

I've been wondering about this too. The email I got says..

Your Case Status: Decision

On March 18, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 17, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

The wording almost sounds like they could waive the interview, case status is "decision". But of course I'm not getting my hopes up lol.

Keep us posted.  We don't want to be too hopeful.  But, it was backlogged anyways, so the closing just makes it worse.  In our brains, it would be a good creative way of dealing with those that were backed up and fell under the pre-public charge rule to keep things moving, you know?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 hour ago, Mrs.McP said:

My AOS interview is on April 8. Do you think it’ll be rescheduled too? 😢 I’m confused since it states that “USCIS will send notification to those who are impacted by this closure”. I know our schedule is not within those dates. 

Kamusta? I have a feeling this is going to go longer than the initial dates they released. So I guess prepare for the worst. Sorry you had to go through this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Damn...I was supposed to have my green card interview for my k1 visa this friday. Will they automatically reschedule the interview? I couldn't find any information about it...

2 hours ago, Mrs.McP said:

My AOS interview is on April 8. Do you think it’ll be rescheduled too? 😢 I’m confused since it states that “USCIS will send notification to those who are impacted by this closure”. I know our schedule is not within those dates. 

Hi, I have the naturalization interview scheduled the same day of yours...April 8. I am confused too! I think, (it’s just my guessing!!!)  based on USCIS statement that they should keep our appointment, they are going to re-schedule just those whose appointments were scheduled between March 18 - April 1st... Anyway I think it’s too early to make conjectures given the fact that everything is changing day by day... Best of luck to you! 

I hope all this chaos will stop in a month otherwise it can go on for months 

People need to realize this is really serious and stay in quarantine and stay safe.

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, GMJ said:

Hi, I have the naturalization interview scheduled the same day of yours...April 8. I am confused too! I think, (it’s just my guessing!!!)  based on USCIS statement that they should keep our appointment, they are going to re-schedule just those whose appointments were scheduled between March 18 - April 1st... Anyway I think it’s too early to make conjectures given the fact that everything is changing day by day... Best of luck to you! 

Do you think they'll reschedule visa interviews too in that time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I literally just got a call from the Albany office and they let me know that my AOS interview was cancelled, and as soon as they are up and running again they will send a re-schedule notice. 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
12 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

I literally just got a call from the Albany office and they let me know that my AOS interview was cancelled, and as soon as they are up and running again they will send a re-schedule notice. 

That is reassuring, thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.