Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

I really feel for the people who had swearing-in ceremonies or interviews scheduled in the next week or two. my wife and I were fortunate enough to have our interview for her conditional green card on February 25th so we just made it.  hopefully it's only a couple weeks and then things resume as normal.

1 hour ago, Thefiance said:

Hey ,

to receive the EAD as well is there a personal interview? Or does that come in the mail?

there is no interview for EAD. there is only an interview when you get to actually; getting the Green card. my wife and I just went through the whole process. we filed on May 30th she received her EAD in the mail on October 4th.

I got text message now same thin office USCIS are closed until April 1st my Interview for N400 was April 28th

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Outlet interview for AOS (Sacramento) is supposed to be today 😭.. We called USCIS right when they opened the lines and the rep told us that it will be rescheduled.. I asked about those who aren’t aware of the closures and show up and she said they will get turned away from the officers.. Very disappointing 

We did not receive an email or phone call yet though.

Edited by MM&MP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GMJ said:

Hi, I have the naturalization interview scheduled the same day of yours...April 8. I am confused too! I think, (it’s just my guessing!!!)  based on USCIS statement that they should keep our appointment, they are going to re-schedule just those whose appointments were scheduled between March 18 - April 1st... Anyway I think it’s too early to make conjectures given the fact that everything is changing day by day... Best of luck to you! 

Hey! Thank you! I called USCIS and they told me that it’s just affecting the ones from March 18-April 1. But then we don’t really know if they will extend the suspension so it’s always better to check the website daily. It’s very frustrating knowing that it’s been such a long wait already. 

1 hour ago, Yarusenai said:

I also didn't even get an email :? Kind of worried...

I have a USCIS account to track my cases, and I have it set up so that I get texts and emails if there is a status update. I haven't talked to my husband yet to see if anyone tried calling him from the office. Our interview was supposed to be tomorrow..

Edited by H&G

5 minutes ago, Mrs.McP said:

Hey! Thank you! I called USCIS and they told me that it’s just affecting the ones from March 18-April 1. But then we don’t really know if they will extend the suspension so it’s always better to check the website daily. It’s very frustrating knowing that it’s been such a long wait already. 

Hi, I called too right now! 😊They told me the same! I really hope we can have our appointments on the 8th ALSO because this would mean that this hard moment is going to finish... take care and best of luck! 

Really sorry to all of you who had interviews and particularly oath ceremonies scheduled. Sorry, Guys!

Hang in there.

Suze1

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Maybe they will waive some AOS interviews and grant green cards 🙂

That is the hope isnt it! I guess we can just wait for the notices and rescheduling haha.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I hope they waive all interviews for removing of conditions! There's going to be a backlog of cases and extended processing times when all this is done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My N-400 interview, which was TOMORROW (March 19th), has been canceled...😩

IMG_0229.jpg

Naturalization
01/04/20 N-400 Filled online
01/05/20 NOA date/showed under documents online
01/11/20 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created
01/14/20 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail
01/29/20 Biometrics Appointment @Fort Smith, AR
02/04/20 Interview appointment was scheduled (3/19/2020)

02/08/20 Received Interview appointment letter in the mail

03/18/20 Interview has been cancelled (due to COVID-19)

05/27/20 Interview appointment was rescheduled (6/19/2020)

06/01/20 Received Interview appointment letter in the mail (6/19/2020)

6/19/2020 Interview (Passed!) set Oath Ceremony Date at the Interview,

6/26/2020 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19.  This includes all scheduled interviews.  Processing at USCIS offices not requiring face time will continue as normal.

Full details from USCIS are here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

source: https://www.uscis.gov/

What about NVC? Is it opened? Are they working on their cases? 

My case is submitted at NVC and I was waiting for their response. Wondering if they’re still opened or have closed because of corona? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been following the virus data pretty closely, and my informed guess based on Wuhan's lockdown and time to no new infections is that we're looking at at least 2 months of public life being cancelled.  I have a lot of sympathy for anyone who's caught up in this.  Hopefully, USCIS does reasonable things like extending status and waiving interviews in more cases.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.