Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

This is NOT going to clear up on April 1st, I think we need to brace ourselves for several weeks if not months. Instead of giving a  possible end date of April 1st they should have said until further notice.

I know right. It’s like they’re giving everyone false hopes that it’ll end on the 1st. 😪

49 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

One other thing:  What I don't understand is that we live in the Orlando area.  Yet, our interview is scheduled in Tampa.  

yeah I'm not sure why that is, my wife and I live in Winter springs and we were scheduled in Orlando for our interview.  maybe they are just overwhelmed at the Orlando location and had to send you to Tampa?

Edited by Todd55

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Does anyone know why the USCIS website Office Closings page still only lists a few offices that are closed?  At the top it says "Below, we list offices that are closed or have temporarily changed hours. This information can change quickly, so please check this page on the day of your appointment for any office closures or other important information."  This is confusing making it sound like not all offices are closed, yet below it lists USCIS Offices Temporarily Closed to the Public (shouldn't it say ALL Uscis Offices)?

However my wife's status did change to Interview Cancelled and she got an e-mail saying the same.  Waiting for the letter in the mail.  So I guess doesn't matter if the site is confusing, we have confirmation of being cancelled.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Todd55 said:

yeah I'm not sure why that is, my wife and I live in Winter springs and we were scheduled in Orlando for our interview.  maybe they are just overwhelmed at the Orlando location and had to send you to Tampa?

Perhaps.  But since our appt is so early, we are going to have to get a hotel the night before. 

Hopefully this virus ####### is done by then.

22 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19.  This includes all scheduled interviews.  Processing at USCIS offices not requiring face time will continue as normal.

Full details from USCIS are here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

source: https://www.uscis.gov/

My case was updated today, 18 March 2020:  Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered.  I also received email with the following contents below:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.
Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On March 18, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 17, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

I am thankful that I received this update. At the same time wondering why it states DECISION on Case Status. For some reason, I don't feel good about it. Or am I overthinking?    

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ms.f8 said:

My case was updated today, 18 March 2020:  Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered.  I also received email with the following contents below:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

On March 18, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 17, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

I am thankful that I received this update. At the same time wondering why it states DECISION on Case Status. For some reason, I don't feel good about it. Or am I overthinking?    

I always overthink, so I know I'd be nervous too.  Anxiously awaiting other's replies.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

One other thing:  What I don't understand is that we live in the Orlando area.  Yet, our interview is scheduled in Tampa.  

Most likely to help with backlog in Orlando so Tampa would be the nearest center for an interview. Best of luck from Sarasota! 

13 hours ago, Yarusenai said:

Do you think they'll reschedule visa interviews too in that time?

Yes they will!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, ms.f8 said:

3 hours ago, magicant said:

Does anyone know why the USCIS website Office Closings page still only lists a few offices that are closed?  At the top it says "Below, we list offices that are closed or have temporarily changed hours. This information can change quickly, so please check this page on the day of your appointment for any office closures or other important information."  This is confusing making it sound like not all offices are closed, yet below it lists USCIS Offices Temporarily Closed to the Public (shouldn't it say ALL Uscis Offices)?

However my wife's status did change to Interview Cancelled and she got an e-mail saying the same.  Waiting for the letter in the mail.  So I guess doesn't matter if the site is confusing, we have confirmation of being cancelled.

It's confusing because I checked my local office online today it was opened till 4pm and my staus changed to interview cancelled I suppose to have my interview by next week monday.

Edited by Yeap

16 hours ago, GMJ said:

Hi, I have the naturalization interview scheduled the same day of yours...April 8. I am confused too! I think, (it’s just my guessing!!!)  based on USCIS statement that they should keep our appointment, they are going to re-schedule just those whose appointments were scheduled between March 18 - April 1st... Anyway I think it’s too early to make conjectures given the fact that everything is changing day by day... Best of luck to you! 

My Oath Cermoney was supposed to be tomorrow March 20  but it was cancelled on March 16 . I hope they reschedule it to be in April . Am so frustrated😢

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/18/2020 at 3:42 AM, Nics said:

As much as it's in inconvenience, I'd rather be in your shoes right now, this is just delaying till further notice, I got k1 approved, was supposed to fly to the states beginning May, my visa expires 21 May, 😭. Have contacted the US embassy here in Amsterdam, but as of yet ive heard nothing. Still hopeful but stressed to the max, being only weeks away, it's awful, but remind myself there's so many people out there in the same boat. 

Fly to Mexico, wait 14 days then cross to Us

ROC

03/05/2019 Notice to Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

04/05/2018 NOA from CSC (Biometrics waved) 

AOS

09/15/2016 EAD/AP Approved, Card in production, 09/23/2016 EAD/AP Received!

07/26/2015 Biometrics Notice Mailed (Appt 08/12/2015)

07/17/2015 NOA I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

22 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Maybe they will waive some AOS interviews and grant green cards 🙂

It was a nice thought, but I just got another status update. Back to the "ready to be scheduled for interview" status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

16 hours ago, magicant said:

This is because not ALL USCIS offices are closed and are still open, they are just limiting the number of people coming in. This is also why they state that "USCIS domestic field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure"  meaning that if you have an appointment and haven't received a notice that it's been cancelled and/or rescheduled by the day of your appt. you need to check the website: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings to see if your office is on the list of closed or changed hours and if it's not, then go to your scheduled appt.

I'm the USC

K1 Visa Process:

• I-129F Packet Sent: 09/11/2015 (Sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox)
  • Delivery Confirmation: 09/16/2015
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notice): 09/18/2015 (Sent to CSC)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 09/26/15
  • NOA2 Received (Electronic notice): 10/06/2015
  • NOA2 Received (Hard Copy): 10/10/2015
  • NVC Received: 10/26/2015
  • NVC Case# Assigned: 10/30/2015
  • NVC Sent to Consulate: 11/02/2015
  • Consulate Received: 11/05/2015
  • Packet 3 Received: 11/12/2015
  • Packet 3 Sent (DS160 Completed & Visa Fee Paid): 11/21/2015
  • Medical Date: 12/16/2015
  • Interview Date: 01/14/2016 (approval pending medical paperwork from Visa Medical Dr. office)
  • Medical Paperwork Sent: 01/27/2016
  • Medical Paperwork Received by Embassy: 02/03/2016
  • Visa Approved: 02/04/2016
  • Visa Issued: 02/05/2016
  • Visa Received: 02/11/2016
  • US Entry (POE): 03/12/2016
  • Applied for SSN: 03/17/2016
  • SSN & Temp Card Received: 03/23/2016
  • Marriage Date: 04/21/2016

AOS/EAD/AP Process:

Spoiler
  • I-485/I-797/I-131 Packet Sent: 05/10/2016 (Sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 05/12/16
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notices): 05/19/16 (for all 3: AOS, EAD & AP)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copies): 05/23/16 (Notice date of 5/18/16 for all 3)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 06/10/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 06/20/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Completed: 06/20/16
  • EAD/AP Approved: 07/28/2016 {Day 76}
  • EAD/AP Card Received: 08/03/16 {Day 82}
  • DL Tests passed & 1yr. DL issued: 08/18/16
  • AOS Approved: 08/29/16 (Interview waived & Approval notice received in the mail on 9/1/16) {Day 108)
  • 2yr. Greencard Received: 09/09/16 {Day 119)
  • Updated info. w/Social Security Office: 09/22/16
  • Updated info. w/DMV & New 4yr. DL issued: 09/22/16
  • New Permanent SSN Card Received: 09/28/16

1st Date we can File ROC: 05/30/18

ROC Process:

Spoiler
  • I-751 Packet Sent: 06/11/18 (Sent to California Service Center)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 6/13/18
  • Check Shows Cashed: 6/28/18
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 6/30/18 (Notice date of: 06/26/18)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 3/16/19 (Notice date of: 03/08/19) - USCIS Biometrics Waiver Notice Received
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: N/A - (USCIS is resusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Notice of Transfer Received: 3/21/19 (Notice date of 03/15/19 )- USCIS transferred case to the Potomac Service Center in Arlington, VA for processing.
  • Interview Date: N/A - (Interview waived, received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 of update to case. It was  the ROC Approval with and approval date of 4/17/19)
  • ROC Approved: 4/15/19 (Received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 with an approval date of 4/17/19. Received Hard Copy in the mail on 4/20/19 with a Notice date of 4/15/19)
  • 10yr. Greencard Received4/24/19

1st Date we can File Naturalization (N400): 05/30/19

Naturalization Process:

• N-400 packet Sent: 3/13/2020 (Submitted online via the USCIS Website)
  • NOA1 Received (Elecctronic Notice): 3/13/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 3/20/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 3/14/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/21/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 3/30/2020 (OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to COVID-19, haven't received cancellation/reschedule notice yet... 😭
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/10/2020 (Notice date of: 12/10/2020) - USCIS Biometrics Reuse Notice Received
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 12/15/2020
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. for: N/A - (USCIS is reusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Interview Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/29/2020 (Notice date of: 12/29/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 12/30/2020
  • Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 1/11/2021
  • Interview Date: 02/17/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to Hazardous Weather Conditions; waiting for reschedule notice. 😭
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Electronic Notice): 2/17/2021 (Notice date of: 2/17/2021) - voicemail from USCIS advising of cancellation received on 2/16/2021; document itself viewable online on 2/20/2021
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Hard Copy): 2/26/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 2/22/2021 (Notice date of: 2/22/2021) - Document itself viewable online on 2/24/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/1/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Date for: 4/13/2021 (at 8:45am; OKC local Field Office) - Received recommended for Approval paper from USCIS Officer, waiting for confirmation and oath ceremony to be scheduled.
  • Naturalization Approved: 4/13/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 4/14/2021 (Notice date of: 4/14/2021) - Document itself viewable online same day.
  • Oath Ceramony Letter Received (Hard Copy): 4/23/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Date: 4/27/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Oath completed, naturalization certificate in hand :dance:
  • Update SSN Info Appt. Scheduled for: 6/4/2021 - update from LPR to US Citizen w/SS Office...Done, waiting on new ss card in mail.
  • Updated SSN Card Received: / /
  • Updated Drivers License Received: / /
  • Applied for US Passport: / /

image.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I guess that makes sense but the message on the website, and what I was told when I called, seems that ALL USCIS offices are closed to the public.  So that seems it doesn't matter if your office is not on the closed list, as you still can't go to any interview.  But I'm not sure.

Luckily (and disappointingly) my wife did receive emails and case status changes.  Went from Interview Cancelled, and now to Interview is ready to be scheduled.  So no doubt for me that we don't have to go, even though office is not listed as closed.  Still waiting for letter in the mail.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.