ishatu

Marriage right after interview

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ishatu said:

No im going to take Georian's advice and have a court wedding in the US and go back for a big celebration later.

There ya go. Thats a much better plan.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

6 hours ago, ishatu said:

No im going to take Georian's advice and have a court wedding in the US and go back for a big celebration later.

Now that reasonable thinking. Good luck and safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, ishatu said:

I was really just filing the quickest way possible. But anyway i have changed my mind. I'm convinced its not a good idea.

You are looking for trouble in the future going off half informed half cocked like that.  Please read thoroughly about the benefit and or visa you are seeking. You are playing with your future!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

We did our our non-romantic court wedding here and then took a year and planned our wedding in Spain.  Was is what i always envisioned, NO.  But sometimes in life you have to work with what you got.  And guess what.  I had the best time at my second wedding.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
11 hours ago, ishatu said:

I was wondering would it be ok if me and my fiance marry right after interview while i am there, before we travel back to the U.S. on a K-1 visa? Or will we have a problem at port of entry?

It would not be okay. You would no longer be able to enter the US on the K1 visa, and if you do, you would be abusing the K1 visa as the K1 is used to marry your fiancée in the United States of America. If you do this you will have to apply for a CR-1 spousal visa and cancel your upcoming plans to visit America and wait longer than you did to receive the K1 to receive that visa. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, ishatu said:

We didnt want to originally, but i just thought we could do both before we leave.

You can’t.

The visa is invalidated and you have to start over if you do this.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, boris64 said:

My court wedding was very romantic. I have a photo of me standing next to my new wife on one side and the judge that married us on the other side laying her head on my shoulder. Needless to say it is not my wife's favorite wedding photo...😚

That’s great!  It’ll be a few years before that’s funny but it will be eventually

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I think there is a run on them this month.

I was thinking more today.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I was thinking more today.

Kinda makes sense.....new fiscal year, end of the calendar year..... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, ishatu said:

We already filed for k-1 but want to marry in his country before we leave to the US. Right after he is approved.

No, I'll need to marry outside Philippines.... And gave to go back to Phil after and do a party and celebrate.... That's our plans...

Just now, BoostFreak12 said:

No, u will need to marry outside Philippines.... And gave to go back to Phil after and do a party and celebrate.... That's our plans...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.