andrecfa

Remarry under conditional green card

84 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Do you plan to inform the IO of this plan at the adjustment of status interview?

Why would we do that? Of course not.

21 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

IMHO, your current marriage could easily be seen as a marriage strictly for immigration benefits.  If you have to remove conditions later, it could be heavily scrutinized then, too, imo. In fact, I would expect heavy scrutiny. 

It's not. But I see your point.

8 minutes ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

Your situation have more red flags than a Chinese parade. Looks like a visa shopping.

Maybe I’m old fashion but you are still married and have a plan to when divorced marry the friend of your wife that you doesn’t have a long (none) relationship?? 

If you are really in love with the new person why don’t you file for divorce, to travel back to your country, take the time to meet this person better and than decide to marry?

Just for curiosity, how old are you, your current wife and the new one? And which country are you from?

I think the wife's friend is likely in the USA too since the wife is the US citizen petitioner. But I agree with your overall points. Why the need to jump from one woman to the next immediately? 

16 minutes ago, andrecfa said:

Why would we do that? Of course not.

So then you acknowledge that your plan is fraudulent and has immensely negative ramifications. As Crazy Cat pointed out, USCIS can ask you anything about your history and current circumstances at any point in the process, even after naturalization. There are cases of citizenship being stripped due to lies and other untruths being found out.

Edited by mushroomspore

1 minute ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

Your situation have more red flags than a Chinese parade. Looks like a visa shopping.

Maybe I’m old fashion but you are still married and have a plan to when divorced marry the friend of your wife that you doesn’t have a long (none) relationship?? 

If you are really in love with the new person why don’t you file for divorce, to travel back to your country, take the time to meet this person better and than decide to marry?

Just for curiosity, how old are you, your current wife and the new one? And which country are you from?

It's admittedly very unusual. I wasn't expecting to run into something like this.

Yes, we're still married. This was actually my wife's idea... I want to get to know her friend a lot better before deciding anything. This is a long term plan, susceptible to changes depending on how things unfold. 

I do like her a lot. Traveling back is definitely an option, but it took ages to get the k1 approved the first time, including a trip to another country to get the interview done, so if we could avoid going through that again, it would be fantastic. Also, I'm not entirely sure that my wife's friend would meet the minimum income guidelines for a k1.

We're all around 30.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, andrecfa said:

It's admittedly very unusual. I wasn't expecting to run into something like this.

Yes, we're still married. This was actually my wife's idea... I want to get to know her friend a lot better before deciding anything. This is a long term plan, susceptible to changes depending on how things unfold. 

I do like her a lot. Traveling back is definitely an option, but it took ages to get the k1 approved the first time, including a trip to another country to get the interview done, so if we could avoid going through that again, it would be fantastic. Also, I'm not entirely sure that my wife's friend would meet the minimum income guidelines for a k1.

We're all around 30.

Did you file for AOS before or after you decided to get divorced?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just now, andrecfa said:

We're all around 30.

You did all of that for your wife. Not for a life in the US. Not for the new girlfriend. 

How long have you been dating the new girlfriend? How do you even know it will work?

Again, I implore you to work on your marriage. The first, second and only reason you moved to the US. 

If you do not love your wife. If you do not want to remain in your marriage. You should leave the US and if this new relationship is real. You can do the whole LDR thing all over again. 

8 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Let me understand this correctly. 

You entered the US sometime in June-August 2021. 

Your wife decided marriage wasn't for her when? 

And not even a year later you've decided you love someone else?

My generous interpretation of your question and answer:

1.) You should try to work on the marriage with your wife. Usually the first year is the most difficult. 

My honest answer: 

2.) You should go back home because adjusting via your current wife when you are in a relationship/ in love with someone else seems like immigration fraud. 

Also you should be honest with the interviewer. You are no longer in love and are no longer in a bonafide relationship... 

My wife has been having difficulty for the last 9 months or so. She has Asperger's syndrome, and is having a lot of difficulty adapting to living in close proximity with someone else.

I haven't fallen in love with her friend yet, but we do have a lot in common. This is more like a long term roadmap. A lot can happen along the way. Her friend might even decide that she doesn't like me after all.

We've been to marriage counseling and had several interventions with her parents, both of which have experience with this sort of thing. Married living is just being too overwhelming for her.

I see. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Did you file for AOS before or after you decided to get divorced?

We've filed almost a year before.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
  • this current wife is going to sign the I 864 at your AOS to sponsor u for the next 10 years? / highly doubtful 
  • is this new love a USC?  u can not AOS thur a different USC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:
  • this current wife is going to sign the I 864 at your AOS to sponsor u for the next 10 years? / highly doubtful 
  • is this new love a USC?  u can not AOS thur a different USC

I assume that already happened.  OP already has EAD.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.