Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


aaron2020 last won the day on May 17

aaron2020 had the most liked content!

About aaron2020

  • Rank
    Ancient Member
  • Member # 50343

Profile Information

  • Gender

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
  • Place benefits filed at
  • Country
    Vietnam (no flag)
  • Our Story
    I am helping my family with several immigration cases.

    My US citizen father is petitioning for my married brother and his family in the F3 category from Viet Nam; PD is Oct. 2000.

    My US citizen cousin is petitioning for her married brother and sister in the F4 category (USC petitioning for a sibling) from Viet Nam; PD is April 2008.

Recent Profile Visitors

26,276 profile views
  1. Sorry. Harsh truth. The older one is not going to get a student visa. Age 23 and 1 semester of college. Work is limited for international students. It's going to cost $20,000 a year for community college. How is she planning on paying for that when she can't work? The 12 years old would need to go to a private school. Do you have $20,000 to $40,000 a year? As you said. Your sisters are very poor. School in the US for foreign students cost a lot. This is where the hope of so many people who want to bring their family to the US for an education. Sorry.
  2. Hi, Why do you want to activate his green card without moving? It is going to expire? Once he enters the US on his CR-1 visa, he is considered an US LPR who resides in the US (even if he does't live in the US). His Canadian income from that point forward is required to be reported on his US tax return. Furthermore, he will lose access to Canadian provincial health. If he uses medical benefits, the government can come after him for reimbursement as a non-resident who does not qualify for Canadian health benefits.
  3. How are you going to consult an immigration judge? Do you know one? Furthermore, an immigration judge has nothing to do with airlines and CBP. This is Do-It-Yourself. Not we do it for you. There are lots of resources on VJ. Guides to petition siblings. Read them. Come back for help after you have done some research. This can be complex and I have too often seen people screw up these long cases. You are responsible for everything. If you can't do it alone, then hire an immigration attorney.
  4. Which airline is going to let her fly? If they find out she has been outside the US for more than a year, she is likely to be refused boarding.
  5. Your mother has a MAJOR problem. She got her green card in 2014. She has been back in the PI living there for 7 years. Doesn't look like she lived in the US for very long. Doubt she has a driver's license, bank account, etc. in the US. Looks like she has abandoned her green card card status. It's going to be a challenge for you to get her on a flight back to the US.
  6. CO are not idiots. She knew what was going on. You have nothing to worry about. Your situation is understandable given how homosexuality is treated in SA. Your previous answers will not stop you from getting a K-1. Best of luck.
  7. You do not need a census record to petition for your father. It's not a requirement. All you need is your US birth certificate with your father's name listed and his marriage certificate if he was married to your mother.
  8. Hi, Sorry about all of this. Reapply with Poland and state the exact reason why she needs to enter. Not tourism. But to take her son to an immigration interview at the US Consulate/Embassy. If you and your wife can't go, then you have to find another adult who can take the son to his medical and interview. Best of luck.
  9. Did you ask for a SSN on the DS-260? If yes, then you have to wait for it to be mailed to you. SSA was notified when you got admitted to the US. If you go see them in the first month, they will turn you away and tell you to wait. The immigrant fee that you paid is for the plastic green card. Has nothing to do with SSA being notified that you entered the US. Entering the US on your immigrant visa triggers them notifyiing SSA that you need a SSN. If you didn't ask for a SSN on the DS-260, you can certainly try to go to SSA to apply for one.
  10. Hi, You have a lot to learn. There are two processes that you should look into. K-1 fiancee visa vs. CR-1 spousal visa. Lots of info on VisaJourney for you to look at. Do you want to get marry in the US or abroad? It matters. Does him working and being able to travel internationally important? Is he okay with possibly not working or being able to travel internationally for 6-8 months? Best of luck.
  11. I've got crazy Asian parents. They don't listen. Your mother can not bypass the process. She is not special. She has to do what everyone has to do if she wants the visa. The US does not owe her a visa. If she wants it, then she needs to finish the last step required by the US Government.
  12. You do not earn at that level. You are unemployed. Savings is money in the bank. It's not earning. Your household is 3. Do you have at least $150,000 in the bank for more than 6 months?
  13. Your house doesn't count. Your savings might. Do you have 5X the amount of the poverty line for your household size?
  • Create New...