andrecfa

Remarry under conditional green card

84 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, andrecfa said:

Look, you're assuming an awful lot of things. You don't know any of us.

Okay. Thank you.

Please tell the USCIS officer this same line of, "You don't know any of us" as well and let us know how it goes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, andrecfa said:

Look, you're assuming an awful lot of things. You don't know any of us.

Okay. Thank you.

I think a lot of us understand your situation, and we certainly do not know all the details.  The simple fact is that if the marriage based on the K1 is over, there is really no basis for continuing your AOS application.  It does sound fishy that you may already have another someone in the wings, though based on your posts, this is not a real relationship as of yet.  Your only real option is to do your best to repair the marriage to your wife, or get divorced, abandon the AOS and move back home.  As to the friend, if the divorce happens you can see where that may lead.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Timona said:

Someone asked, is your new love USC? @andrecfa

I wouldn't call it a new love, yet. More like a potential new wife. A girl who has a crush on me and might be interested in hoking up with me.

And yes, she's a USC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, andrecfa said:

if my wife breaks up with me while I'm still in love with her, which I am, it will be devastating for me. She's extremely nice and doesn't want to hurt me, no matter what, so she's thought up of this whole thing.

Sounds like you and your wife are trying to find a way for you to stay in the US.  You should both realize that if you choose to go down this path, there is a very high risk that your scheme will be discovered and the outcomes for both of you will not be good.  Do things the correct, legal way.  File for divorce and go back to your home country.  See where the relationship goes with this other person.  If you and your wife's friend eventually fall in love and want to be together, she can find a qualified joint sponsor or get a better job herself.

7 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

If she has difficulty with new surroundings/ difficulty around strangers. 

I suggest you employ a good, competent lawyer for the eventual interview. 

If your interviewer suspects anything about your relationship being on shaky ground they might just try to intimidate your wife. 

If you love her... do you really want her to go through a Stokes interview?

Or be told you are only using her for a Green Card? 

Warning her she could be charged with a crime... think very carefully about how you want to continue in this life. 

Oh yeah this is the other thing @andrecfa is not taking into account. The US citizen petitioner will be charged with fraud as well since the intending immigrant has no way of being in the US legally without a US citizen petitioner. Maximum fine is $250,000 which is quite hefty and the maximum prison sentence is 10 years. These are felonies too, which are federal meaning she would be sent to a federal prison instead of a state prison. A woman with Asperger's...I'm gonna guess she won't do well in prison. And then add on top all the things that convicted felons have to deal with once they're out: insane difficulty getting a job, having to disclose her status as a felon forever, not being able to travel to some countries because they're really strict about foreign felons coming in, etc....

Edited by mushroomspore

8 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

If she has difficulty with new surroundings/ difficulty around strangers. 

I suggest you employ a good, competent lawyer for the eventual interview. 

If your interviewer suspects anything about your relationship being on shaky ground they might just try to intimidate your wife. 

If you love her... do you really want her to go through a Stokes interview?

Or be told you are only using her for a Green Card? 

Warning her she could be charged with a crime... think very carefully about how you want to continue in this life. 

She doesn't have difficulty with new surroundings or around strangers. Asperger's is different for everyone. The issue here is, despite my best efforts to accommodate her, I keep unintentionally triggering her and it's driving her insane. I still love her and she still loves me, but at the same time, I'm driving her literally insane. Her mental condition has been on a steady decline since we started living together. She just can't handle living with someone else.

Thank you for your advice.

Just now, andrecfa said:

She doesn't have difficulty with new surroundings or around strangers. Asperger's is different for everyone. The issue here is, despite my best efforts to accommodate her, I keep unintentionally triggering her and it's driving her insane. I still love her and she still loves me, but at the same time, I'm driving her literally insane. Her mental condition has been on a steady decline since we started living together. She just can't handle living with someone else.

Thank you for your advice.

Then if you love your wife. 

Do the best for her. Divorce her and leave. That is the kindest thing to do. 

If this "crush" develops into something more real you can work on it from your home country. 

Being in the US for under a year really isn't all that long. You should be able to go back and pick up the pieces of your old life. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 minutes ago, andrecfa said:

If you're implying that this is all a scheme to live in the US, know that my original country has a greater standard of living. Two words: socialized medicine. If I had to pick a country to move to just for the sake of quality of living, the US wouldn't be it.

I'm not implying anything.  I am calling you out on your fraud.  

Super that your country has a greater standard of living than the US.  Socialized medicine.  Wow.  Go back home.  It's paradise.  What is this beautiful country?  Such a great standard of living that wife #2 can't meet the financial requirements?  LIAR.

You wouldn't pick the US, but you are damn sure about committing immigration fraud to live here.  Ha. Ha. LIAR.   You are willing to marry your wife's friend who you stated you are not in love with (yet) in order to stay in the US. 

Edited by aaron2020

2 minutes ago, andrecfa said:

If you're implying that this is all a scheme to live in the US, know that my original country has a greater standard of living. Two words: socialized medicine. If I had to pick a country to move to just for the sake of quality of living, the US wouldn't be it.

Then why ask these questions about trying to stay here and attempting to deceive USCIS?

1 minute ago, ROK2USA said:

Then if you love your wife. 

Do the best for her. Divorce her and leave. That is the kindest thing to do. 

If this "crush" develops into something more real you can work on it from your home country. 

Being in the US for under a year really isn't all that long. You should be able to go back and pick up the pieces of your old life. 

I certainly don't want to get her in trouble, and after this feedback from you all, we will certainly reconsider this plan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.