patis

My fiance got denied boarding with a valid K-1 Visa, transiting through Paris

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 minutes ago, patis said:

How do I triple check this? I"ve seen countries like Iran, China, EU schengen area are banned. I didn't see turkey anywhere. But also did not see where it was explicitly allowed. I'm worried we'll just be throwing more money away on useless plane tickets.

What airline would she be flying on?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Did she actually make it to the US border?  If she was turned away was her passport stamped in anyway? I did she get on a flight back to Tunisia? I was she asked to sign any document? 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Just now, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Did she actually make it to the US border?  If she was turned away was her passport stamped in anyway? I did she get on a flight back to Tunisia? I was she asked to sign any document? 

She did not make it out of the Tunisian airport unfortunately...

Timeline
Just now, patis said:

She did not make it out of the Tunisian airport unfortunately...

Even better.... All you have to do is arrange a flight through any country that is not a schengen state... Including UK/Ireland.. It should be easy as most flight from Tunisia get routed through Dubai etc.... She will be fine

1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

What airline would she be flying on?

I could get any airline. All the airlines I call say that they can't tell me whether or not the K-1 is accepted at the airport security though. Delta, Turkish all those airlines say that I need to get in contact with someone at the state department . Especially if she was turned away.

I emailed the tunisian embassy and the state department is not open until monday. I'm just trying to get answers before then. The visa expires soon.

Just now, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Even better.... All you have to do is arrange a flight through any country that is not a schengen state... Including UK/Ireland.. It should be easy as most flight from Tunisia get routed through Dubai etc.... She will be fine

I believe you, but the guy at the airport said no matter what country she would still be refused at the US border. Do you know where it officially says what you're saying? Because I need to send her with an official source in case some idiot airport security decides to turn her away a second time

Timeline
5 minutes ago, patis said:

I believe you, but the guy at the airport said no matter what country she would still be refused at the US border. Do you know where it officially says what you're saying? Because I need to send her with an official source in case some idiot airport security decides to turn her away a second time

Well on VJ so many K1's have flown into US via Mexico and Belgrade... Nobody asked them for any document... You must understand that not everyone is vast when it comes to what is allowed or not. At most you can trying mailing your local embassy for confirmation that she can travel print that and take it along.. But even at that CBP still reserves the right to let her in or not. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Google is your friend.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Travel Ban and list of countries involved:

CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html
White House Presidential Proclamantion on Travel Ban: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-coronavirus-2/
US Department of Consular Affairs: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html

Guidelines for Tunis: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/20190304_us-embassy-in-tunis-begins-processing-libyan-immigrant-visas.html

These are truly very difficult times. I would suggest to hold off on travelling (unless you're able to travel through England/Great Britain),  until this pandemic situation calms down. There's so much going on at this point. Another issue is also USCIS officers are currently facing a furlough. Around 13,000 employees have or about to receive notices on that.

https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/2020/06/furlough-notices-hand-citizenship-and-immigration-employees-look-new-jobs/166558/

If you're not a permanent resident (GC), or citizen you'll face extreme difficulties entering US, or the European Union for that matter (the other way around) during the pandemic.

Edited by Detron

15 hours ago, patis said:

She is flying from Tunis to paris to the US. They stopped her at the airport and said k-1 visas were not allowed. How is this possible? I'm speechless right now. 

What I know is that the K-1 visa isn’t allowed just for The CR1 ,other thinks a lot of people go to tunisia and back to USA through Paris ,I think it is visa issue 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Turkey doesn’t have a ban at this time. (Source: Turkish airlines and me as being Turkish and was about to fly but decided not to)

but you never know what happens in 14 days. Still that maybe the best bet, as Turkey is not in top 10 for Covid highly likely it will be open.

but I am not sure if there are restrictions to go to Turkey from those countries (last I know the country was reopened)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, patis said:

How do I triple check this? I"ve seen countries like Iran, China, EU schengen area are banned. I didn't see turkey anywhere. But also did not see where it was explicitly allowed. I'm worried we'll just be throwing more money away on useless plane tickets.

So far I have booked 3 flights and lost 3 flights. The airlines did not cancel the flight, cheapOair is canceling the flights, without telling me, or giving me a chance to change the flight. Then they keep $80.00 non refundable booking fee. some airlines take your money, knowing full well you can't fly. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, milimelo said:

Have her go through Istanbul or Dubai. 

yea through Dubai she can am working in Dubai now Emirates resumes flight operation for US she can use Dubai to go US Dubai is  not under ban list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.