patis

My fiance got denied boarding with a valid K-1 Visa, transiting through Paris

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

If she is flying through Paris, Paris is under a travel ban at the moment. She cannot transit through there. She has to go through country that is not on the list and if I remember right she has to also quarantine in there for 2 weeks.

Edited by Claire6

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, patis said:

Is that the solution? The airport told her the US was not accepting any visas from tunisia. There is too much misinformation out there. I don't understand it

The airport gave incorrect information(or incomplete). She'll be able to enter the US as long as she avoided being in a "banned country" for at least 14 days prior to attempted entry.

2 minutes ago, supportdesk said:

The airport gave incorrect information(or incomplete). She'll be able to enter the US as long as she avoided being in a "banned country" for at least 14 days prior to attempted entry.

Is tunisia considered a "banned" country? I can get her a hotel in any country for 14 days if that will fix things. Is there a list of banned countries out there?

32 minutes ago, patis said:

Is tunisia considered a "banned" country? I can get her a hotel in any country for 14 days if that will fix things. Is there a list of banned countries out there?

No, it is going through Europe that is banned right now

Edited by Cyberfx1024

38 minutes ago, patis said:

The man at the airport said that no matter what he would not let her through. No matter what country she went through

Well that simply isn't true. There is a post a week back about a man whose mother went from Ukraine to Germany and then got denied entry to the USA because she was coming from Germany. 

4 hours ago, patis said:

The man at the airport said that no matter what he would not let her through. No matter what country she went through

He might have been saying that it didn't matter if she tried another route that day, since she now has to stay out of the Shengen area for 14 days. When is her visa expiring?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 hours ago, patis said:

She is flying from Tunis to paris to the US. They stopped her at the airport and said k-1 visas were not allowed. How is this possible? I'm speechless right now. 

Unfortunately at this time foreigners are not allowed to enter the US from the majority of European countries. This should have been researched while booking a ticket as well was most likely listed on the airline website. She will now have to quarantine herself for 14 days OUTSIDE a banned country and then can travel to the US.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

3 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Unfortunately at this time foreigners are not allowed to enter the US from the majority of European countries. This should have been researched while booking a ticket as well was most likely listed on the airline website. She will now have to quarantine herself for 14 days OUTSIDE a banned country and then can travel to the US.

She never made it to paris. She has been in tunisia this entire time. So you mean that K-1's can still travel to the US just as long as it does not go through a banned country? I really need to make sure before I buy a ticket that travels through istanbul

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
25 minutes ago, patis said:

She never made it to paris. She has been in tunisia this entire time. So you mean that K-1's can still travel to the US just as long as it does not go through a banned country? I really need to make sure before I buy a ticket that travels through istanbul

Yes, anyone can travel to the US as long as it is not from a banned country. Make sure there is no restriction from Istanbul and then she would be good to go. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

2 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Yes, anyone can travel to the US as long as it is not from a banned country. Make sure there is no restriction from Istanbul and then she would be good to go. 

How do I triple check this? I"ve seen countries like Iran, China, EU schengen area are banned. I didn't see turkey anywhere. But also did not see where it was explicitly allowed. I'm worried we'll just be throwing more money away on useless plane tickets.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.