Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

The only thing I understood from his very vague, general tweet is that he is going to suspend immigration which could mean anything related to immigration or specific categories of visa BUT definitely not letting any further immigrants coming into the U.S. considering he mentioned the virus also, ‘foreign enemy’ . I could be so wrong but that tweet and the news makes it seem millions of things which might be nowhere close!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

It does  and there are alot  of articles in constitution  That goes against family immigration because  it does violate rights of an American citizen.. 

The constitution refers to naturalization but not immigration.   

YMMV

2 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

There's a lot of incorrect reporting saying he said "all." He never used the term all. 

"..temporarily suspend immigration..."

That means all or nothing.  He didn't say some, or a part, or certain/specific.  The reporting is 100% accurate.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

1 minute ago, mandsophia said:

agreed. media always sensationalizing, what else is new, while we all wait up awake and scared haha 

he directly tweeted this "In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!"

that infers all IMHO ... he doesnt say "some" he isnt specific, he makes a general blanket statement, intentionally of course.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

May he will come back and say tomm that Russians hacked his phone and send the tweet... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Arshia said:

BUT definitely not letting any further immigrants coming into the U.S. considering he mentioned the virus also, ‘foreign enemy’ .

I don't think that's definite. There may be an exception for spouses and fiancees of US citizens.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cilllah said:

Are you really asking why people are panicking? This is a high stakes process and it is stressful, the pandemic is stressful, a temporary ban with no end date is stressful and not having information is stressful. It makes sense to worry when you just want to be with the person that you love.

First of all its not ban, it may be suspended. Who told you there wont be any end date for suspension. You are just speculating.

2 minutes ago, Arshia said:

The only thing I understood from his very vague, general tweet is that he is going to suspend immigration which could mean anything related to immigration or specific categories of visa BUT definitely not letting any further immigrants coming into the U.S. considering he mentioned the virus also, ‘foreign enemy’ . I could be so wrong but that tweet and the news makes it seem millions of things which might be nowhere close!

is that the medias fault or a leaders fault for continuing to use a platform which isnt sufficient to get over a message of this type and importance ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Decourty said:

Wow, I was visiting my american fiance when the lock down happened, was supposed to fly back to France late march , get my interview and then move here on a K1. When the lock down happened and my interview was postponed to June, we decided I would stay here as my return flight was cancelled, my current tourist visa expires may 13th and this throws massive doubt on our case. Do we risk getting unable to see each other for a long time if I fly back? Do we have any alternatives? I mean I'm currently in the US, it's confusing

Get married and do AOS ASAP. Do not go back to France. We are in the same boat except my French husband is here visiting me while his CR1 is waiting for him in Paris Embassy. He is not going back. We are filing AOS next week.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration
2 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

May he will come back and say tomm that Russians hacked his phone and send the tweet... 

100% he'll tweet something completely different in his morning executive time after his staff corrects him about whatever EO they drew up he never read.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Just now, givionte said:

You can't be serious.  This throws hundreds of thousands of lives off balance, and could ruin some people opportunity to immigrate to the US.  Everyone ought to be worried, and rightfully so until someone, anyone can provide some details of what he meant.

You are no better than media who just do incorrect reporting.  You r speculating on something which is only a tweet. One of the poster said there is no end date of ban, where is it written ?

18 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

Wall Street Journal is reporting speculation it's for work visa with exceptions for farm workers and healthcare workers and won't affect immigrants already in the US. 

Where does it say that? 

03/04/2016 AOS (EB2-NIW concurrent with I-485) mailed to Lewisville TX Lockbox
03/07/2016 AOS delivered to USCIS and signed
03/12/2016 Case received by Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
03/14/2016 Text notification received for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131.
04/08/2016 Biometrics notice received for 04/21
04/13/2016 Biometrics early walk-in completed.
04/15/2016 EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Long wait begins...

11/04/2016 I-140/485 cases transferred from Nebraska to TCS
12/01/2016 Prepared package for EAD/AP renewal (expires 04/09/2017)
12/23/2016 USCIS suddenly changes several forms, invalidating my EAD/AP renewal package (not yet sent)
12/27/2016 USCIS suddenly reforms the entire NIW criteria system, replacing a 20 years old one. Uncharted waters. 
01/07/2017 (Saturday!) EAD/AP renewal package with new forms received in Phoenix "reception desk"
01/17/2017 EAD/AP renewal case accepted; text/email with receipt numbers was received
01/30/2017 Law firm finally confirms that USCIS has suspended processing all EB2-NIW cases due to new criteria. 
02/23/2017 USCIS slowly starts adjudicating NIW cases again.
04/21/2017 Extended EAD/AP received in mail. Valid for 2 years. 
05/06/2017 Received a massive RFE on I-140 NIW case.
07/20/2017 RFE response received by USCIS (a very long response with 30 pages of docs)
09/14/2017 I-140 NIW approved!!! 
11/28/2017 RFE for new medical issued (plus another request re Supp J for employment which is clearly issued in error)
12/04/2017 RFE received in mail
12/07/2017 repeated medical exam for I-485
12/08/2017 Attorney receives documents for responding to I-485 RFE
12/21/2017 Response to RFE received by USCIS 
02/09/2018 I-485 approval (text, email) :)
02/08/2018 I-485 approval notice issued (the "welcome letter") - I'm LPR now
02/16/2018 Green card received

11/14/2022 Filed N-400 online; receipt and biometrics reuse form received online
03/07/2023 N-400 Interview scheduled 
04/xx/2023 N-400 approved, same-day Oath ceremony completed. I'm a US citizen.
05/xx/2023 US passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.