Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

Hi, I just got the email from USCIS about the Extension of the office Closure until (at least) April 7. 

I have the naturalization-interview scheduled on April 8....  I am so worried! I think that, given the situation, they are going to extend further... What do you think? Thanks for your attention!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have biometrics appointments scheduled for march 27th and April 1st but have not received reschedule letters...am i to assume theyre not going ahead or probably best to call to clarify? 

18 minutes ago, NKDL said:

I have biometrics appointments scheduled for march 27th and April 1st but have not received reschedule letters...am i to assume theyre not going ahead or probably best to call to clarify? 

Yes best to call, but even then if you get nothing in writing I would drive to the ASC and I'm  sure they have a notice on the door, then take a picture of that notice, time and date stamp it for  future  reference. That is an extreme method, but it covers you later especially if you get nothing in hard copy form stating your appointment is canceled. I'm going to do that with my interview appt should I NOT get a hard copy letter!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

13 hours ago, NKDL said:

Your appointment will most likely be cancelled. See the USCIS website, according to that you won't receive a reschedule until the offices are open again: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.

Calling USCIS during this time is more than likely just going to add to the stress their Tier 1 agents are going through since they'll just regurgitate what's on the website. There's next to no hope of contacting a Tier 2 right now either 😕

image.png.e02fda0314237e10180e260fb301a005.png

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

Timeline

Our status has changed back to "Ready to be scheduled for Interview" after the Cancellation.

If I was USCIS, I would keep most people in this status until they actually determine when they're going to start re-opening.  A lot of re-opening declarations are pretty pre-mature right now.

If anyone engages them about a medical exam, please report that here for the rest of us.  They're obviously going to have to make some exceptions for that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Anyone that received 2 biometric appointments but no cancelation mail because of the corona virus? 
My first appointment was scheduled for March 25 and I just didn’t attend it (hope I did the right thing) and my second one is scheduled for next Monday. Still no cancellation mail

Wow, I'm depressed. My fiance's K1 interview was meant to be March 18th and I flew to the UK to attend with him and to celebrate that part of this long process was coming to an end. Instead it was cancelled and I had to cut my trip short by two weeks to return back to the states. Now everything is up in the air and if the offices don't open back up in a few weeks our wedding will have to be postponed until who knows when. This all is just so terrible and unexpected and chaotic. There are worse things in this world, but being so close to the end of this process to have it ripped away feels like a slap in the face. How are other people in a similar situation coping?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I gather, the Federal Government is waiting until the reported Covid19 case numbers peak, once it's peaks and shows a continuous drop, that's when we'll see the re-opening of many public buildings, WITH restrictions.

Were looking at 3 to 4 weeks IMO.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/25/2020 at 2:58 PM, GMJ said:

Hi, I just got the email from USCIS about the Extension of the office Closure until (at least) April 7. 

I have the naturalization-interview scheduled on April 8....  I am so worried! I think that, given the situation, they are going to extend further... What do you think? Thanks for your attention!

The Covid cases are still on the rise and the U.S. has topped even China so most likely and unfortunately, they might extend just like they extended from April 1st to April 7th. My Naturalization interview was scheduled for April 3rd and then ... this happened 

20200330_102355.jpg

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 3/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, emeline29 said:

F*@$ this F*@$ing virus. That will mean my interview on the 23rd will have to be rescheduled yet again. 4th time lucky maybe? My husband literally had to fly back to Colorado from Georgia (where he has been working) in preparation for my interview. His company had to make some huge changes to allow him to be able to come home. One of his colleagues literally put themselves at risk to fly over to Georgia and replace him, and now it’s all for nothing. I feel so terrible. 

Our FO is Denver too and we had filed for AOS end of May 2019. Our interview has been cancelled three times already since January 2020. Donno when will our next interview be scheduled. 🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, Patrichulaa said:

Anyone that received 2 biometric appointments but no cancelation mail because of the corona virus? 
My first appointment was scheduled for March 25 and I just didn’t attend it (hope I did the right thing) and my second one is scheduled for next Monday. Still no cancellation mail

This is my situation. First appointment for March 23rd, second appointment today. I did notice that the appointments were for different forms (I485 and I131 respectively..). But I've not received a cancellation notice for either, and obviously have not attended and don't plan to attend the one today. I unfortunately don't have an online account or anything to track this, and the lack of communication is very stressful.

6 hours ago, bdot said:

This is my situation. First appointment for March 23rd, second appointment today. I did notice that the appointments were for different forms (I485 and I131 respectively..). But I've not received a cancellation notice for either, and obviously have not attended and don't plan to attend the one today. I unfortunately don't have an online account or anything to track this, and the lack of communication is very stressful.

They do have this information on their Covid19 page. All scheduled biometric appointments are cancelled until USCIS resumes normal operations. All cancelled appointments will be rescheduled automatically. If you don't receive a new appointment notice within 90 days, call 1-800-375-5283.

As of today, they still have April 7th listed as the date they will resume normal operations, although I would assume they will extend that to April 30th in accordance with Federal guidelines.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

16 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

They do have this information on their Covid19 page. All scheduled biometric appointments are cancelled until USCIS resumes normal operations. All cancelled appointments will be rescheduled automatically. If you don't receive a new appointment notice within 90 days, call 1-800-375-5283.

As of today, they still have April 7th listed as the date they will resume normal operations, although I would assume they will extend that to April 30th in accordance with Federal guidelines.

Yes I think they will extend until April 30th. My interview was cancelled received  notice via text then USCIS account today. My original interview was scheduled for 4/17.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.