I am fiance beneficiary in the process of my K-1 fianc visa and want to transfer my savings to a US bank once I land in US. I have few questions regarding the same.
1) Can I open an individual bank account once I am in the US with my K-1 fiance visa?
2) What documents do the bank ask if you wanna open a current or a savings account with the bank?
3) Can my US citizen fiance open a joint bank account for me before I arrive or immediately after I arrive in the US?
4) Can I transfer money into my US fianc 's US bank account? Will my US fiance face any issue while filing income tax returns?
5) Is it mandatory to have a joint bank account when you apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS)?
6) Is social security number (SSN) mandatory to open a bank account in US?
7) Can you apply for a social security number when u arrive in US or once you get married in US?
? Which is the best American bank to open an account without going through too many hassles?
9) What is the best and the cheapest way to transfer money into an account in the US bank?
Detailed explanation or website links will be appreciated.