Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had AOS interview set for April 21st but was cancelled today : ( so I guess that means any April interviews are out of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ChibiBeckyG said:

Had AOS interview set for April 21st but was cancelled today : ( so I guess that means any April interviews are out of luck

We have ours scheduled for April 30th.  (Scheduled before the current zombie apocalypse obviously)

I have a slim bit of hope that we will still go, but it's ever so slim.  

@Captain Ewok  The closure has been extended to May 3rd, re-opening on May 4th, as of this morning on uscis.gov and by email:

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended routine in-person services to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS plans to begin reopening our offices on May 4, unless the public closures are extended further. USCIS staff are continuing to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment, contact the USCIS Contact Center.

image.png

Edited by Crashdoom

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to May 3rd Due to Covid-19
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Fza rza said:

I hope they resume back to work soon ..I have been approved by the NVC I'm waiting for the NVC to secheadle my interview at the embassy in Accra I have been approved on 18 February 2020

Sadly, nothing is going to resume until after this virus is under control, or kills all of us.

For ROC I-751.  They should accept previous biometrics (they have at least two) as they are doing for I-765.  It is ridiculous not to do it in these circumstances.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, Musashii said:

The Covid cases are still on the rise and the U.S. has topped even China so most likely and unfortunately, they might extend just like they extended from April 1st to April 7th. My Naturalization interview was scheduled for April 3rd and then ... this happened 

20200330_102355.jpg

Hi, I got the same notice yesterday! Thanks! Best of luck to you! 

6 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

My April 30th AOS interview was postponed and put back on the waiting list. Wonder how long it'll take to get another interview date. Last time took 5 months, wonder if it will be another 5 months to get another one. Moving in 4 months heh, woo....

I’m wondering the same. I’ve had to April 30th as well. Even if they open on May, are there May interviews currently being scheduled? Did they stop scheduling interviews all together? Will we get first on the line when they get back to normal? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

I’m wondering the same. I’ve had to April 30th as well. Even if they open on May, are there May interviews currently being scheduled? Did they stop scheduling interviews all together? Will we get first on the line when they get back to normal? 

Also wondering the same.

4 hours ago, dekk123 said:

4 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Also wondering the same.

I don't think they are scheduling any interviews since they have no idea if and when these closures will reopen after the April 30 deadline. Insofar as rescheduling I suspect as usual there is not going to be a rhythm or reason how they reschedule. You can never predict with any confidence how USCIS will react or do things. Yes we all wonder how they will do it, but it's best to not worry about it and let it happen!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.