Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, stech786 said:

This is for states only

Which is where USCIS offices are located and the subject of the thread.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

• Captain Ewok changed the title to USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I imagine that if one filed today and for example biometrics would normally be in 14 days and the interview in 6 months, since all service centers are closed and your biometrics are pushed to 3 months., that the interview would still happen on time in 6 months?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

My wife and step son had citizenship interview appointments scheduled already for April before the office closure. Both we're subsequently "de-scheduled".  Their green cards expire in July.  Anyone care to guess if they will be eligible for deportation then?

On 4/25/2020 at 9:19 AM, Applying said:

I imagine that if one filed today and for example biometrics would normally be in 14 days and the interview in 6 months, since all service centers are closed and your biometrics are pushed to 3 months., that the interview would still happen on time in 6 months?

double that time. Huge backlog before you 

duh

7 hours ago, CzechMate said:

Anyone care to guess if they will be eligible for deportation then?

The expiration date on the card is just for the card. After that date they are still Lawful Permanent Residents. They can file for renewal online: https://www.uscis.gov/i-90 If they want to begin a new job they can fill out the I-9 with a state driver's license (or ID card) and an unrestricted SSN card.

Example of unrestricted SSN card:

social-security-card.png?itok=J05HgtRI

If they have compelling reasons to travel abroad they can explain it to USCIS and request an in-office appointment to get a I-551 stamp in their foreign passport. A pending green card renewal would be required. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-covid-19 "USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment, contact the USCIS Contact Center."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

The expiration date on the card is just for the card. After that date they are still Lawful Permanent Residents. They can file for renewal online: https://www.uscis.gov/i-90 If they want to begin a new job they can fill out the I-9 with a state driver's license (or ID card) and an unrestricted SSN card.

Example of unrestricted SSN card:

social-security-card.png?itok=J05HgtRI

If they have compelling reasons to travel abroad they can explain it to USCIS and request an in-office appointment to get a I-551 stamp in their foreign passport. A pending green card renewal would be required. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-covid-19 "USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment, contact the USCIS Contact Center."

The problem is that many states (my own included) set the State ID expiration to be the same as the EAD/AP card.  So once the EAD expires, so does your state ID.  (and your ability to work)

23 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

The problem is that many states (my own included) set the State ID expiration to be the same as the EAD/AP card.

That is correct for EAD cards. Even my very liberal state (California) does it. Note that @CzechMate's wife and step son have green cards for more than a decadehttps://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=33676 As green cards holders, they should have SSN cards that don't have the DHS restriction wording.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
11 hours ago, HRQX said:

That is correct for EAD cards. Even my very liberal state (California) does it. Note that @CzechMate's wife and step son have green cards for more than a decadehttps://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=33676 As green cards holders, they should have SSN cards that don't have the DHS restriction wording.

Yes correct, their SSN Cards are unrestricted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/23/2020 at 10:32 AM, Bsyed760 said:

I am in the US but my wife is in Pakistan. Her NVC docs were approved early March and the interview was being scheduled by the embassy in Islamabad. I'm assuming all that froze when the US directed embassies to cease visa interviews mid-march.

Now that the order is passed, I'm wondering how that will impact CR1 interviews internationally.

I am in the same situation as yours. Uscis is planning to reopen within US and not international offices. No one knows as of yet when they will  reopen. Yes, cr-1 interviews will be rescheduled as the embassies reopen. 

Edited by AtifM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bsyed760 said:

Hopefully we get clarity soon!

What i have heard, it’s not gonna open anytime soon. If you find any good news, please do share. Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

On the USCIS page, it says that only ASC appointments will be automatically rescheduled. I guess if the green card interview got canceled, like in my case, I have to call the USCIS contact center once the office in Dallas reopens. 😕 Literally my interview would have been two days after everything closed down lol. Lets hope the rescheduling will be smooth at least.

Timeline
On 4/28/2020 at 7:36 PM, vdsanctis said:

Are people still receiving the biometrics letter? Just wondering, we just received our NOA

I don't think so since the offices are closed. I asked to have my EAD expedited, but they replied saying that I need Biometrics, and that the offices are closed until at least June: Case on hold until further notice :(

- Feb 22 2020 - Mailed Application (I-130, I-845....) to Chicago

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

- June 1 2020 - RFE for I-944

- June 24 2020 - Replied to RFE

- Oct 25 2020 - Fingerprint done

- Nov 9 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.