HelpGuys12

Huge age difference

96 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Roqia said:

You will have to prove a legitimate relationship and as long as you can do that you should have no problem with the age gap...best wishes to you both

I have seen age gap listed with other factors on more than one denial letter.  Convincing a CO that this is a bona fide relationship will be expensive and it might take years....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, momofmeli said:

What your parents says? Are they ok with their new 53 years old bride? How many kids you want? Midesiz 

Raises another good point.  Mother approving of the marriage is very important in that culture as well.  Can't think of many who would be ok with the possibility of not welcoming grandchildren in that culture.

Naturally the parents have the prospect of being able to immigrate themselves later on, though, despite the age gap, should all go as OP plans.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

I see cases like this all the time on fb pages, it never ends pretty. All the old women wonder why they can’t have their boy with them. It’s disturbing sometimes to see these old men and women marrying someone that is 20 years plus younger. I’m sure In your case your mom must be the same age as her ?? And her kids possibly the same age as you ? Think about it from a CO point of view. Met online , she comes and you marry on first visit, she comes back and petitions. No way will they think it’s real. If this really is love she will move there and spend a lot of time there. Maybe even 2 years and then marry and file. I am only 8 years older than my fiancé and nervous for a k1. In UAE but Pakistani born. I’m divorced with 5 kids but we want one quickly as soon as he’s here. And I can still have babies. I’ve made 12 trips to Dubai since feb 2017 and we just got our NOA2. We spent a lot of time together. And in February he’s taking me home to Pakistan to meet all his family. Video calls don’t cut it. This will all be before the interview but still, I’m nervous. I’m blessed his family accepts me. You have a huge uphill battle like everyone says 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, AhmednDanyal said:

I see cases like this all the time on fb pages, it never ends pretty. All the old women wonder why they can’t have their boy with them. It’s disturbing sometimes to see these old men and women marrying someone that is 20 years plus younger. I’m sure In your case your mom must be the same age as her ?? And her kids possibly the same age as you ? Think about it from a CO point of view. Met online , she comes and you marry on first visit, she comes back and petitions. No way will they think it’s real. If this really is love she will move there and spend a lot of time there. Maybe even 2 years and then marry and file. I am only 8 years older than my fiancé and nervous for a k1. In UAE but Pakistani born. I’m divorced with 5 kids but we want one quickly as soon as he’s here. And I can still have babies. I’ve made 12 trips to Dubai since feb 2017 and we just got our NOA2. We spent a lot of time together. And in February he’s taking me home to Pakistan to meet all his family. Video calls don’t cut it. This will all be before the interview but still, I’m nervous. I’m blessed his family accepts me. You have a huge uphill battle like everyone says 

you'll probably be ok with all these visits if he interviews in UAE

just have to have the needed income and be able to prove you can afford his health insurance till he gets the work permit 

as for the OP

a US woman of limited financial resourses is not going to move to Tunisia as you know a US woman over 50 would not find a job there

I spent a month there looking for a house (in spring of 2008) and found one i liked and almost made the move /then i met my husband later in that year

it is easy to fall in love with Tunisian people  / the kids,  the young women and men are beautiful and i mean really beautiful

and the country the same 

i loved it

also forgot to mention in my many posts here

this process is 

not easy

not fast

not cheap ( i spent over $35,000 for the things immigration wanted me to do)

31 minutes ago, AhmednDanyal said:

If this really is love she will move there and spend a lot of time there. Maybe even 2 years and then marry and file. 

This is pretty much the bottom line.  If it's love you truly seek, spending a couple years together in Tunisia or having extended visits in a neighboring country Tunisian's can travel to and building a healthy relationship "portfolio" before marriage is a must before any CO would take this case seriously.  The number of red flags is enough that the first official to get their hands on it would toss it in the waste bin a moment after looking it over.

Edited by givionte

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
14 hours ago, laylalex said:

and play a LOT of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

This is the best game ever. Love it and miss it.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

24 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you'll probably be ok with all these visits if he interviews in UAE

just have to have the needed income and be able to prove you can afford his health insurance till he gets the work permit 

as for the OP

a US woman of limited financial resourses is not going to move to Tunisia as you know a US woman over 50 would not find a job there

I spent a month there looking for a house (in spring of 2008) and found one i liked and almost made the move /then i met my husband later in that year

it is easy to fall in love with Tunisian people  / the kids,  the young women and men are beautiful and i mean really beautiful

and the country the same 

i loved it

also forgot to mention in my many posts here

this process is 

not easy

not fast

not cheap ( i spent over $35,000 for the things immigration wanted me to do)

Yes my income is solid I’m a nurse practitioner and he will be added to my blue cross blue shield as soon as we marry ❤️  We are blessed really 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO NEGATIVE WITH THAT PERSON.

LOVE DOES NOT HAVE AGE, SKIN COLOR, RELIGION, OR WHATEVER.... ALL TUNISIAN ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THERE ARE CHRISTIANS AND JEWS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE VERY MINORITARY.

THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET MARRIED AND GETTING APPROVAL FROM THE GOVERNMENT IS TOTALLY A DECISION DISCRETIONARY TO THE OFFICER WHO WILL HAVE TO CONDUCT THE INTERVIEW.

THE PRESIDENT OF FRANCE IS MARRIED WITH THE MOTHER OF HIS CLASSMATE, 

YOU ARE JUST MAKING JUDGMENTS AND THERE ARE VERY SUBJECTIVE.

IT IS NOT BECAUSE THAT DOES NOT WORK FOR X OR Y THAT IT WON'T WORK FOR THEM.

NOW I WILL ADVICE YOU SIR TO ASK YOUR FIANCE TO TRAVEL AGAIN AT LEAST TWO TIMES BEFORE TO FILL OUT THE FORM TO GET K1 VISA.

YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART AND IF YOU ARE SINCERE GOD WILL ASSIST YOU.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I understand all the negative comments about age gaps, my husband is 28 years younger than I am so we have heard everything you have all said and more from friends and family.  It just makes our love stronger.

The key to showing US immigration that the relationship is bona fide is evidence of time spent together and financial co-mingling documents.

Don't marry on the first visit.  I married my husband in Brazil on my fourth visit.  We needed time to get to know each other and make sure we were both committed to what we knew would be a long tough road.  I made four more visits to Brazil before his visa was approved, and we took a long trip to London and Paris together, plus a trip to bring him to California with me, so ten total visits.

For financial co-mingling, we did everything possible while living in two different countries---joint US tax return, will, living will, power of attorney, health insurance, dental insurance, beneficiary on retirement accounts, bank accounts, joint credit card, etc.

Your USC intended spouse needs to do the research on the US immigration process to know what it takes to succeed and make the sacrifices necessary to visit you more before getting married and filing a petition.  Then she will need to do more visits between the petition and visa interview (could be up to a year).  She needs the financial resources necessary to sponsor you, to pay for the process, to support you while you adjust and find a job.  Like any relationship, if the process is one-sided it won't last.

You need a long talk about a backup plan if you can't get a US visa.  Is she willing to move to Tunisia to live with you if your visa is denied?

Good luck with your journey.  The power of true love is amazing and life-changing.  I hope in your case it is true love.  Only time will tell.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.