I m filling out the paperwork for my wife to adjust from an M-1 Student visa to a Permanent Resident. I m a US citizen. She has been in the US for almost 3 years with her M-1 visa, and we got married a a little bit before she started school in the US. So far all the other forms have been more or less straight forward, but this new I-944 is a real headache!
I ve got a few questions about the I-944:
1. In part 3, the household incomes. We have filed our taxes jointly (she has an ITIN, but she is not allowed to work). Where it asks for Total income from tax return do we put what was on our joint tax return twice? Or should I put $0 wages for her, and my wages on mine?
2. Since she doesn t have a SSN, I can t get a credit report for her. She is an authorized user on a few credit cards of mine, but none of the websites that give credit reports let me continue without a SSN (I tried with her ITIN, but none of them can find the right person). What do I do for that? Should I include my (spouse s) credit report?
3. She currently does not have health insurance. My plan is to get her health insurance this year when enrolment opens in June through my work. For Part 3, 15. D should I put I will enrol soon?
4. I understand having to translate high school/university diplomas, but is it really necessary to have to pay someone to evaluate them? I guess this is probably a dumb question, but it seems excessive.
5. The part where it asks about her skills with English. She had to take English classes during university, but there was no specific certification. Would I put like 6 semesters of English ?