HelpGuys12

Huge age difference

96 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HelpGuys12 said:

We decided to Marry at the first visit but she is gonna visit me at least 2 times before my interview and we just hope the best we will just try to spend more time together as we can and thanks to everyone who helped

She needs to visit a few times before marriage and meet your family.  After marriage she still needs to spend face to face time with you.   

Getting the visa will not be fast or inexpensive.   You know there are going to be issues and having more visits and not getting married on the first visit will be beneficial in the process.

We have a 23 year age gap and met online as well.  The first time we met we knew we would marry.  We meet 3 more times with the longest visit being a month.  A year after we met we married and ended up moving to Mexico.  It would have been easier to interview in the Philippines but in Mexico the age gap isn;t as common and I had to go to the interview as well.  That was only with one red flag.

You have multiple red flags.  Not marrying on the first visit will remove one.  Her working on her finances will remove another.  Having more quality visits will help with the age gap.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, missileman said:

OK.  Great. But there are people out there who take advantage of single American women.   It is very important that both the US citizen and the beneficiary have all the information.  Please tell her it is very important that she joins us here. 

How can she join my topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You have received some great suggestions. You are 19. Dude, you need to focus on studies and make something out of yourself.

No kidding this is uphill battle my friend.  We had age difference (not as much as your's thou). It took us around 4 years (1st time being rejected) and a lot of money (for lawyers which we didn't needed but we had just for peace. I knew more than those lawyers) and tons of endless nights in tears and heart break for not being there when your significant other needed you, plus endless amount of time off and ton of money to travel and be with each other. Read my journey and you will see what kind of ####### we dealt with.

Honestly, cultural things comes in play and IO will deny your petition even before you step in for interview. You may get through NVC but your petition will be denied during interview. Bud, this ain't dress rehearsal this is life.  If you love her and really want to make her happy and see happy, you should spare her from going through this emotional roller coaster. This process is not for weak heart my friend.

This is one of those threads for which I really hope the incognito immigration officers are here on VJ.....

:pop:good for the end of the year watching

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Just now, Paul & Mary said:

:pop:good for the end of the year watching

And Missileman's dossier.

Just now, Cryssiekins said:

LOLOL you forgot to switch accounts.  Excellent try though.

To be fair, they might both have the login info. We should be able to tell quickly who's who. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Maryann 123 said:

Alright everyone she signed in she got my topic and if u have something to tell her she sees that and she is replying in a min. a lot of u wanna talk to her

Dude you are busted. 

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.