Tartaglia

RapidVisa filing services. Is the company legitimate and worth the effort?

54 posts in this topic

Please use the search feature on this site. They have been talked about and reviewed plenty of times.

Not only that, this is a DIY site. Most people will advise that you don't need them. You are simply giving them your info and they are filling out the paperwork for you. If you know how to follow instructions you can do it yourself. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

19 minutes ago, Tartaglia said:

The title explains it all. I'm a soldier that is excessively busy and have had barely any time to work on my fiance's visa. I've heard about RapidVisa but never anything in-depth. Has anyone here used them?

If you have a fairly straightforward case then use this site and you will be fine. If you want someone else to do it then go use them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Just so you are aware,  rapid and visa are oxymoronic when speaking about immigration 

Used Rapid Visa and paid 400 extra and they did nothing but check for signatures and put my packet in a neat folder. 
They do not help you with anything in terms of your case but organize it and recheck the same checklist you can get here. Agree with above. It was a complete waste of money, IMO 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I hired an immigration attorney, also because my fiance is busy with work and thought hiring someone to do so would be easier

and guess what? you still need to gather every documents by urself

the only thing the attorney, and her legal assistant, does is to ask more details of everything ( more pic for proof of relation, more details for financial support)

we did had our application approved in one go, thanks to the attorney (maybe)

but before that, my fiance had to stop by their office almost every week, to drop off more file they found needed. and when they finally decided they had everything, they ask if we want to use express service or USPS.  

we paid over 2000 for the attorney, and the fee doesnt cover delivery fee! 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

I hired an immigration attorney, also because my fiance is busy with work and thought hiring someone to do so would be easier

and guess what? you still need to gather every documents by urself

the only thing the attorney, and her legal assistant, does is to ask more details of everything ( more pic for proof of relation, more details for financial support)

we did had our application approved in one go, thanks to the attorney (maybe)

but before that, my fiance had to stop by their office almost every week, to drop off more file they found needed. and when they finally decided they had everything, they ask if we want to use express service or USPS.  

we paid over 2000 for the attorney, and the fee doesnt cover delivery fee! 

Only $2000 is good deal.. I retained for $4500 and still thinking is it worth it.... she told me info that is not accurate like the wait is 5-7 mths when Vj predicts 90 days. and was right on.

She didnt check my I129F carefully and had typo, my I-134 was missing a field and she didnt catch it....

I am mad but nothing I can do about it.. guess I paid for her advice like what to send to USCIS - I had prior marriages and brush with law.  No RFE.. so I console myself that way.

Same I prepared all the docs, went to get court docs etc... she was proof reader and missed stuff.   

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

10 hours ago, Tartaglia said:

The title explains it all. I'm a soldier that is excessively busy and have had barely any time to work on my fiance's visa. I've heard about RapidVisa but never anything in-depth. Has anyone here used them?

The offer a payment plan like $200 per month, that may appeal to some people.

They only charge $375 to $475 to do a K1 and that include mailing the petition, not a bad deal

Lawyers will steal about $3000 to $4500 from you to do the same thing.

ChickBoy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also keep in mind that the name "Rapid Visa" is very misleading, as they can do nothing to speed up the process.  If anything, using them will slow it down because it creates one more step in the process that those of us who do it ourselves can skip.  If you use them you'll still have to get all the documents, and provide all of the information needed for the petition.  Most VJ members will recommend doing it yourself for these reasons and save the money for trips to see each other during the process.  Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, payxibka said:

Just so you are aware,  rapid and visa are oxymoronic when speaking about immigration 

Very TRUE 👍

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

RapidVisa is a legitimate company, and they sponsor this web site.  However, if your case is not complicated, no service or attorney can speed up the process.  In fact, I used an attorney who, in my opinion, delayed my wife's case by several months.   You will still be required to do all the leg work, and you will have to acquire all needed documents....Many, many people here successfully complete the process without external help.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Are they legitimate? I’d have to go with “yes” - they aren’t a fly by night company. They will provide services for their clients.

Are they worth it? Obviously it’s a personal decision but usually not. They’re doing the same thing you’re doing except with a checklist. The checklist is generally not personalized so it doesn’t really represent one’s own circumstances and therefore the packet can be deficient in ways that are not technically wrong but not really doing you any favors either. They have made some major mistakes, which you will see if you search the site. They don’t save time or effort IMO.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tartaglia said:

I would recommend doing it yourself. It's not that complicated. Dedicate an hour a day for a few days to fill everything out and gather data they need. You could even have a friend or relative do some of the leg work. There is no way to speed up the i-129F, only ways to slow it down, and I'd argue not doing it yourself is one of those things that slows it down. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.