Tartaglia

RapidVisa filing services. Is the company legitimate and worth the effort?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I used RapidVisa for both my wife's K1 and AOS applications.  There's nothing "rapid" about them at all.  They do provide good service as far as answering questions and concerns, and do act promptly when there is a problem, for instance for an RFE.  What they basically do is have "experts" review your applications "over and over" to make sure things are right.  You give them the information, and they format the applications to the information that you provided.  So basically, you pay extra to have a computerized system type and fill in all the blocks on application forms, and for their employees to proof read your paperwork.  they do have a good system as far as putting paperwork, evidence, and other requirements in order though.  Was it worth it?  In my opinion, only for the piece of mind, yes.  I know I could've saved money using the resources here, but I just needed that extra piece of mind. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

do is have "experts" review your applications "over and over" to make sure things are right

They actually did this for you ? I really am curious as I paid the money for premier processing and the person on the line was not knowledgeable at all. 
He read from the “checklist” and I could not understand his English. 
The computer generation of typing is nice since it repopulates what you have to type. 
However, for an RFE I would have been nervous having them assist my packet due to the above. 
They also say they are not an attorney many times over like a recording.  
No idea they have or can help in that area and that you had a good response. 
I was approved in 78 days but my packet was very clear cut too. 
Congrats, you definitely had a better experience than me. Interesting and thanks for the share. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My best friend's mom used RapidVisa for her K1. She chose to do this because she is older and wanted the extra help. Her wife received her green card a few weeks ago. As an outside observer to their process, it seemed to take longer than average but that could be due to many other factors that I am not aware of. 

I chose to do it myself, because I'm detail oriented and I figured that no one else would care as much about our visa process than me (and my now husband). We're now at the AOS stage and have had no RFEs, delays, or issues thus far.

So, as others have said, if you (and/or your partner) have the ability to follow directions, double-check your work, and utilize this site efficiently for assistance, there's really no reason to pay for a service. If not, then do what you need to do to get through this process with piece of mind.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Only $2000 is good deal.. I retained for $4500 and still thinking is it worth it.... she told me info that is not accurate like the wait is 5-7 mths when Vj predicts 90 days. and was right on.

She didnt check my I129F carefully and had typo, my I-134 was missing a field and she didnt catch it....

I am mad but nothing I can do about it.. guess I paid for her advice like what to send to USCIS - I had prior marriages and brush with law.  No RFE.. so I console myself that way.

Same I prepared all the docs, went to get court docs etc... she was proof reader and missed stuff.   

same here. the legal assistant left our case and documents on her desk for 6 months. I emailed her and asked for NOA1. She then told us is not filed at all

then she insisted on doing i160 for me. She kept putting INDIANA as a foreign country i visited the past  years. after i circled it and told her its a state in the US, not a country. she corrected it to INDIA.

and for my fiance's W2 and tax return forms and stuffs. they insisted mail it to me. and charged us another $150 for it. when you could simply scan and email those to me for FREEEEEEEEEE

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

They actually did this for you ? I really am curious as I paid the money for premier processing and the person on the line was not knowledgeable at all. 
He read from the “checklist” and I could not understand his English. 
The computer generation of typing is nice since it repopulates what you have to type. 
However, for an RFE I would have been nervous having them assist my packet due to the above. 
They also say they are not an attorney many times over like a recording.  
No idea they have or can help in that area and that you had a good response. 
I was approved in 78 days but my packet was very clear cut too. 
Congrats, you definitely had a better experience than me. Interesting and thanks for the share. :) 

I paid for the premier services too, but how can you actually verify that?  It's hard to say.  They say they do, but who knows.  And yes I agree about the computer services.  As far the RFE, all I had to do was make a copy of it and send it to them electronically for them to review, and then snail mail them the actual RFE with required documents and they took care of the rest.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
15 hours ago, Tartaglia said:

The title explains it all. I'm a soldier that is excessively busy and have had barely any time to work on my fiance's visa. I've heard about RapidVisa but never anything in-depth. Has anyone here used them?

No matter if you hire them or a lawyer,  you have to do all the work to get the documents together / they don't do the hard part

you have to supply things/  what is left is filing out the application and mailing it in

you want to pay for this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Even if you pay an organization/company/lawyer to fill out your forms, you still need to do the rest of the work yourself. So if it's time and effort you're trying to save, then no it's definitely not worth it. They will take your money and tell you what documents to gather. The VJ forum and checklist does the same - for free.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, beloved_dingo said:

My best friend's mom used RapidVisa for her K1. She chose to do this because she is older and wanted the extra help. Her wife received her green card a few weeks ago. As an outside observer to their process, it seemed to take longer than average but that could be due to many other factors that I am not aware of. 

I chose to do it myself, because I'm detail oriented and I figured that no one else would care as much about our visa process than me (and my now husband). We're now at the AOS stage and have had no RFEs, delays, or issues thus far.

So, as others have said, if you (and/or your partner) have the ability to follow directions, double-check your work, and utilize this site efficiently for assistance, there's really no reason to pay for a service. If not, then do what you need to do to get through this process with piece of mind.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

The only thing I would add it that with RV, or a lawyer, many folks who use them think it is hands off and this is just not true.  As others have said, the person paying still has to do all the legwork which is true, but the client also is well advised to double check everything that RV or a lawyer plans to send in on their behalf.  As @beloved_dingostated so well, no one cares about it more than the client.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The money and the delay is one thing and not a really big issue, the bigger problem is when they mess things up.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

We paid RapidVisa approximately $500. Essentially the time it saved me was having to read all of the instructions for the paperwork. They spell everything out for you and then you give you a list of documents to provide. So it takes the need for comprehension out of the process. They also have you send everything to them first, and then they put the packet together and send it to USCIS for you. 

However, I am the type of person who is an obsessive nerd and reads all the rules and instructions and information I can possibly get my hands on.  

For me, it wasn't worth it. I found a lot of conflicting information between what RapidVisa said was required and what people on this site advised - specifically in relation to front loading. 

Another disadvantage to me was that I don't have an exact copy of my I-130 packet because I sent everything to RV and they put it together, and it just didn't occur to me to keep a copy of it all. 

Ultimately it's up to you. It will save you effort and a bit of time, but it won't make the process any faster than if you file it yourself. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

What they basically do is have "experts" review your applications "over and over"

“Experts” in quotations is certainly fitting since none of them actually know anything about the process besides what they got from outdated company training 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, missileman said:

RapidVisa is a legitimate company, and they sponsor this web site.  However, if your case is not complicated, no service or attorney can speed up the process.  In fact, I used an attorney who, in my opinion, delayed my wife's case by several months.   You will still be required to do all the leg work, and you will have to acquire all needed documents....Many, many people here successfully complete the process without external help.

I'll second that.  I have a few friends that used more expensive lawyers for their immigration, and the lawyers actually made mistakes or slowed things down in ways that I knew to avoid.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well at least they wont kick you out here if you discuss RapidVisa in even a remotely positive light.  I had that happen on one FB group, and the thing is, I cant even see where he had a vested interest unless he was asking people for tips on the side.  This forum is at least up front about having legal services available.  Things to consider:

1) Most people here have already been through this once, so they are now experts, and if they have been through it more than that I would question their character.
2) Is the love of your life worth an extra $1000 just to make sure, even if it is wasted money?

3) Are you that broke where $1000 is a problem? 

If I had to do it again, would I?  No.  If I had a buddy that was doing it, would I help him?  Yes, and I am.  I have a buddy right now that already wasted $6000 on a lawyer when he should have talked to me first.
I see a lot of people needing co-sponsors here, I'm not judging, but it gives me the impression that money is indeed a factor for a lot of people.  No wonder there is an interest in DIY.  Bottom line is its a minimum of a $10,000 expense, from dating to visiting, to bringing your fiance home, and doing all the necessary paperwork up through AOS.   It took me a month to put together the application packet even with RV, and thats because I'm obsessive when it comes to things that matter.  *I* went over it over and over before I kicked it to them.  And I have a fiance that's really smart, too.  She has been every bit as knowledgeable about this process as I have been.   We're on track for a 5 month timeline from NOA1 to visa in hand.  Crossing about a month later but thats largely due to my work schedule.  Results matter.  The ends DO justify the means.

Just remember, the K-1 is a courtesy afforded to citizens. You have a right to be with a family member, but a fiance is an administrative convenience.  It is designed for those couples that are cut and dry, no problems, no skeletons, no cobwebs.  Its for where they have faith that the relationship is genuine, and there is no hint of criminal activity or fraud involved.  If there is any sort of compilation that might be involved, its best to speak to a lawyer, unless that dumb lawyer tells you to file a K-1 for $6000 .. and possibly get married first.

10 hours ago, Sarah G said:

So it takes the need for comprehension out of the process.

I agree with 90% of the post, but not the above. No immigration process allows one to remove comprehension (or active involvement and research) from the process...not without doing themselves a serious disservice. Whether one goes with a service, attorney, or DIY, it requires staying on top of the process and becoming more informed.

1 hour ago, Electrichead64 said:

Just remember, the K-1 is a courtesy afforded to citizens. You have a right to be with a family member, but a fiance is an administrative convenience.  It is designed for those couples that are cut and dry, no problems, no skeletons, no cobwebs.  Its for where they have faith that the relationship is genuine, and there is no hint of criminal activity or fraud involved.  If there is any sort of compilation that might be involved, its best to speak to a lawyer, unless that dumb lawyer tells you to file a K-1 for $6000 .. and possibly get married first.

No such right is recognized by the US government or US law.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.