YulandDee

Lying in K1 application!

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, JC&BS said:

Im sure he sent in passport stamps, flight tickets, etc as evidence of meeting right? If there isnt a July one then.... idk what to tell you. 

Maybe it was a lil confusing because of how I worded it.

we got to know each other in November (Met online)

Then we physically met in January, then filed in February.

In the petition, we claimed we met online in July, then met physically in January. We didn’t lie about when we physically met as that can easily be detected through entry and exit stamps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you met once and then file a K1 for Ghana?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So you met once and then file a K1 for Ghana?

Yes we did.

we will have more visits before the interview and we hope things go well for us as we have no red flag.

He hasn’t gotten time off work to come again but he’s definitely coming again before my interview and will also be around on my interview day so yeah that makes three visits 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not sure there is any "fixing " the petition as all evidence and information was sworn under perjury to be true and accurate 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't believe there is a question on 129F as to "where and when you first learned of each other existence?"

So where exactly did you think you lied? In Self written letter? 

Edited by Shiran

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two inappropriate post removed. post constructively or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you looked at your timeline and felt it would be judged, you then decide to lie about your timeline versus taking more time to develop your relationship and be truthful and not worry about if USCIS will view your relationship as real.  What do you expect for us to give advise about?  There is really nothing we can say as your will be denied and lose your money.

My advise is take time with your relationship and not rush into it.  Regardless of if you have known each other in the past.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, YulandDee said:

Maybe it was a lil confusing because of how I worded it.

we got to know each other in November (Met online)

Then we physically met in January, then filed in February.

In the petition, we claimed we met online in July, then met physically in January. We didn’t lie about when we physically met as that can easily be detected through entry and exit stamps.

The date you met online can easily be detected through the dreaded DS-5535, then they can check all your online social media accounts, your online dating accounts, etc.  What will you do if they ask for evidence of your online conversations from July of 2018?  Will you fabricate evidence and dig a deeper hole for yourselves?  It's best to come clean at the interview and admit that you lied and hope for the best.  Don't try to hide this or you jeopardize everything.  Why take that chance?  Are you willing to stay in Ghana and live together there?  Is your boyfriend willing to move to Ghana to marry you there and live with you?  That may be your only option if this lie is discovered.  Best to admit everything because covering it up, if it is discovered later, will be bad.

Never lie to immigration.

They may or may not discover the lie.

There may or may not be consequences if it is caught. Presumably, if they discover a lie about your timeline as to when you met, then they aren't likely to take much else you state at face value. I doubt there's a misrepresentation bar involved as the information is likely not material.

The CO may or may not ask about how your first met, and/or to see chats from that period of time. You will need to be honest.

The IO for AOS may or may not ask how you came to know each other (that was 1 of the 3 questions the IO asked us last year).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't see it as a material misrepresentation either...there's some wiggle room for it to still affect things though, according to the below..which is why I said earlier no one can know for sure what they wish to do with that information if/when the truth surfaces:

3. Harmless Misrepresentation

A misrepresentation that is not material because it is not relevant to an applicant’s eligibility for the benefit is considered a harmless misrepresentation. [37] An applicant is not inadmissible for making a harmless misrepresentation even though the applicant misrepresented a fact. However, a harmless misrepresentation may still be taken into account when considering whether a benefit is warranted as a matter of discretion. 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-3#S-E

The worst that happens is that the K1 is denied, and you refile or apply for CR1.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure how connecting online and exactly when it happened is relevant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Going through said:

I don't see it as a material misrepresentation either...there's some wiggle room for it to still affect things though, according to the below..which is why I said earlier no one can know for sure what they wish to do with that information if/when the truth surfaces:

3. Harmless Misrepresentation

A misrepresentation that is not material because it is not relevant to an applicant’s eligibility for the benefit is considered a harmless misrepresentation. [37] An applicant is not inadmissible for making a harmless misrepresentation even though the applicant misrepresented a fact. However, a harmless misrepresentation may still be taken into account when considering whether a benefit is warranted as a matter of discretion. 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-3#S-E

The worst that happens is that the K1 is denied, and you refile or apply for CR1.

I have a hard time linking uscis policy and a k1 denial as the uscis has nothing to do with the actual Visa decision. 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, YulandDee said:

Okay so my fiancé and I have made a mistake and we admit it was bad of us to have lied but we just thought it was something we had to do.

we filed for the K1 visa in February and we stated that we met in July 2018 when actually and honestly, we met in November 2018. 

We thought our application might be denied because we filed too early and it might be seen as fake even though our relationship is one of the realest out there and we love each other. We are both Ghanaians but he was filed for by his dad and he relocated after high school. We met on Instagram.

I, the beneficiary is scared that even if USCIS don’t care about when we met as long as we have physically met once within two years, the local embassy in Ghana might see that we are lying and thus deny our application.

It is already too late to do anything and we deeply regret what we have done but you do anything for love right? We just want to be together and some of us actually know pretty quickly if someone is meant for us or not.

Would the consulate know we lied? Is there a way they will know we didn’t actually meet in July or they wouldn’t know and they would just go with the story we presented?

Please, let’s be humane with our responses. We know what we have done is wrong.

Warm Regards,

Yul&Dee

I may be facing the same thing come time to my interview as it would appear Ive know him a short time. Except I didn't lie BUT who knows what the CO will think, say or consider. Here's why....

I met my fiance February 2017 but we were just friends at first....then we became more than friends and, well, as some couples do, we fought, stop talking, broke-up, removed him as a friend on all social networks, whats app, etc....then we got back together and resumed. However, I DO NOT HAVE EVIDENCE that we actually met February of 2017 because we fought in June and I deleted him and our chats off my facebook and whats app. Of course all of that is chat and call history I needed. He did the same when we fought. So when we made up in July, I had to re-add him again and start over. So technically it show we started a relationship July 2017, I flew to Jordan in December 2018 and we got engaged January 2018. But on paper it seems we only started in July. So even those with good explanations may not get far. But these things happen and Im sure they seen it before. I am going to hope for the best and PREPARE (evidence wise) for the worst. So dont worry, you wont be the only one with a few months of history and by the time of the interview, you will have more history gathered. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.