SJordanS

Very VERY bad K1 situation

198 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

VJ'ers

I have a friend over who has been trying to become a member of VJ for 2 days now. System is not sending the verification email for her to verify and she's re-tried several times. Same thing happened to me and it took me a week to join. Hopefully any moderators reading this can help fix this problem the site is having.  She applied K1 Visa and I will let her tell you her story below and maybe you can all tell her your thoughts and the OBVIOUS on what to do. In the meantime I put in her K1 timeline for her:

NOA1: 5/20

NOA2: 12/28

CSC

Jordan

Interview: 3/5 - Approved

hi everyone. my name is sarah and im completely heartbroken and unsure what to do. after having this long distance relationship with the love of my life, we finally got to the end of our journey and got the k1 visa approved. We were both overjoyed.  best two weeks of my life following the approval. Now I recently came back from Jordan following and we planned to have my fiance come end of this month when he hopefully received his visa cuz its still shows in AP up until i left.

So now, about a week before I left jordan and after the interview, I received a call on fb messenger from a woman. no one was on the other line so I figured by accident? I wasnt going to think much of it but then opened up her facebook timeline to see if I knew her or if shes related to my fiance since I see she is in Jordan and as im scrolling saw many of the same romantic quotes and photos my fiance sent me. i immediately though this girl is obsessed with my fiance, stealing these posts from my wall, checking out who I am and somehow clicked call. But a voice said keep digging. i messaged her several times and she didnt reply. there is only one photo of her. i saved it. and saved all the posts. i took a moment to sit and absorb it all and think. i opened up her page again to have another look but couldnt. she blocked me. But not before I had flashed screened and saved everything because a voice just told me to. i made a fake account and took a full day looking up her friends, family etc. before i left jordan I had a girl I know there call, ask around, inquire, and do everything she can to find out "more". whatever "more" means. Boom! My friend knows HER friend. We made that phone call and several others following it. then i left it to info gathering over the last few days. to make this long and sad story short, so my fiance ends up having a long time relationship with this woman for many years. hes the love of her life and according to some, she is his. there was no money to marry her and her family is poor. So in order to "secure" her and their future he would make this sacrifice. hes going to do what a lot of muslim men do. take on a "second" wife. he will become legal, get the green card, get the citizenship then divorce and go back to marry his damn love and bring her here. He was pressured to marry her religiously prior to his "leaving" but she and him decided against it since he needed to produce the "letter of eligibility" showing he is single and free to marry. well good for them they thought ahead!!! He doesnt know I know all of this yet as the details were still coming in up until this morning. so so many details! but the picture is clear and looking back this explains alot of red flags i chose to ignore. like the texts he would receive and walk away to reply. i tried peeking over a few times. It was in arabic couldnt read it. I spent so much money from day one to invest in our love and life. i thought he loved me endlessly like he said. they way he crooned to me and things he said and how he did it. Just a great actor! i dont think his family knows. i met them they would never allow it. i will talk to them about it after i confront him. i know im lucky to know this now but i am broken. i need to recover from this shock. i will not confront him yet but will BEFORE he gets his Visa issued. So I want to know two things. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REQUEST THE CANCELLiNG OF HIS VISA since its been approved or IS IT TOO LATE? Second, how can I report him to USCIS or Embassy of what he was planning? I want him banned for life! I will confront him tonight or tomorrow as soon as I have all the timeline put together and after I sent the request to cancel. please if anyone knows the best phone numbers or the links, send those here if you can so my friend can simply forward them to me and I can click and go through the proper channels. I dont want aramex deliver visa to him. when I am able to make an account here i will update more. thank you. sarah. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

First email the embassy there and tell them of your desire to cancel the petition. Only you can cancel it. You can email USCIS too but they don't have any control of the petition anymore so.

You can send all evidence and all with the email if you wish as they may be able to put something in their files about him, but doubt can "ban" him forever.

Also, even if he gets the visa and managed to travel to the US... he can't adjust status except through marriage and sponsorship through you the petitioner, one fail safe of the K-1 so to say. So he would not be legal, not be able to get a green card let alone citizenship.

First and foremost, get in touch with the embassy immediately and have them cancel the petition before it gets issued. He may sit in AP for along time as a lot do, but don't chance it. Get it canceled now. I would contact them first before confronting him personally.

Sorry this has happened to you, but at least you found out now instead of later. This is the warning we at VJ give about knowing people because it's amazing the lengths they will go to to deceive people for their own gain. This is proof of what we have been talking about that others say we are crazy to think.

You are absolutely correct! It can happen. Ive seen it happen to others years ago. Sad to know it still does and to a very sweet loving girl. So Im having Sarah hop on my tablet and contact Embassy in Jordan. I found an email and hopefully she can get through on the email that I actually found here on VJ.  I hope its enough. My fiance was also very helpful in gathering details for her as well. We are both upset for her. But at least this one wont fall through the cracks. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, SJordanS said:

You are absolutely correct! It can happen. Ive seen it happen to others years ago. Sad to know it still does and to a very sweet loving girl. So Im having Sarah hop on my tablet and contact Embassy in Jordan. I found an email and hopefully she can get through on the email that I actually found here on VJ.  I hope its enough. My fiance was also very helpful in gathering details for her as well. We are both upset for her. But at least this one wont fall through the cracks. 

Better to know now than later again. It's obviously late there now, but if you can find a phone number even I would try that too, but email is definitely first step and hopefully will hear back relatively soon and get everything canceled. Again I'd contact them first before she goes confronting him, least I would personally, he would probably just try talking his way out of it and all I suspect.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

Better to know now than later again. It's obviously late there now, but if you can find a phone number even I would try that too, but email is definitely first step and hopefully will hear back relatively soon and get everything canceled. Again I'd contact them first before she goes confronting him, least I would personally, he would probably just try talking his way out of it and all I suspect.

Oh I told her just that. Thankfully she is smart and not too gullible. Embassy will know first and shes starting the cancellation process. She is completing her email to them now. Then she will call them late tonight/morning their time and hopefully she will get a hold of someone. Once she has confirmation she said she will have that "video chat" with him. God be with her.  I cant imagine. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Oh I told her just that. Thankfully she is smart and not too gullible. Embassy will know first and shes starting the cancellation process. She is completing her email to them now. Then she will call them late tonight/morning their time and hopefully she will get a hold of someone. Once she has confirmation she said she will have that "video chat" with him. God be with her.  I cant imagine. 

Will be uncomfortable but has to be done. If you can update us here with anything the embassy gets back to her with information wise about the cancellation, while it's a hard situation for her, it could be helpful to others later on.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hopefully, she can get the visa stopped.  Even if he somehow got to the US, he could not succeed unless the petitioner married him........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Yeah, tell your friend to keep at it (calling and email), until she talks to someone and can have a good confirmation other than someone just saying ok.  Tell her to ask if there is something she needs to file or what she needs to do to have it cancel.  Coz I doubt her calling and talking is good enough for them to cancel it. Good luck and let us know how it goes. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Pengunista said:

Yeah, tell your friend to keep at it (calling and email), until she talks to someone and can have a good confirmation other than someone just saying ok.  Tell her to ask if there is something she needs to file or what she needs to do to have it cancel.  Coz I doubt her calling and talking is good enough for them to cancel it. Good luck and let us know how it goes. 

Yes she will need to email several different sources. She will call Embassy tomorrow their time. I will help her. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, SJordanS said:

VJ'ers

I have a friend over who has been trying to become a member of VJ for 2 days now. System is not sending the verification email for her to verify and she's re-tried several times. Same thing happened to me and it took me a week to join. Hopefully any moderators reading this can help fix this problem the site is having. 

Same thing happened to me when I tried to join. I was using a gmail address, and VJ wouldn't send the confirmation email. I tried multiple times over a couple of weeks. I sent emails to the site admin using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, but no reply. I finally decided to re-register with a different email (AOL this time) and it worked right away.

Edited by junkmart

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.