topi123456

Should my Fiancee try to get a tourist visa while we wait for the K1 visa?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
22 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

The K1 visa process is taking longer than we thought. A year to process form i129f it looks like.

Is there any risk in applying for a B VISA while waiting for the K1?

No risk.  

I doubt your embassy has B visa appointments and given K-1 indicates intent to immigrate, it isn’t likely to be approved.  

22 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

If my fiancee gets denied for the B-1 visa will that affect the K1 visa??

no.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
50 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

Is there any risk in applying for a B VISA while waiting for the K1?

Is she planning on coming here as a tourist, then marry and AOS?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

No risk.  

Thanks for the reply Mike,

Another situation: My son is 3months old. He has his passport and can fly with me to USA. My fiancee, his mother cannot. It is out of the question to take a 3month old away from his mother while breastfeeding. 

What do you think about an expedite request on the basis of my son requiring his mother to breastfeed. Would that be considered urgent? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If she’s planning on coming as a tourist, then stay and AOS, then that’s fraud. It seems to me that with that and the breastfeeding expedite, you’re looking for a shortcut. 

18 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

Would that be considered urgent? 

No, it’s not. For USCIS, child can stay with their mom in her home country together while they await. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, topi123456 said:

Thanks for the reply Mike,

Another situation: My son is 3months old. He has his passport and can fly with me to USA. My fiancee, his mother cannot. It is out of the question to take a 3month old away from his mother while breastfeeding. 

What do you think about an expedite request on the basis of my son requiring his mother to breastfeed. Would that be considered urgent? 

There are a lot of single parents using a bottle. Or even couples using a bottle. Bottling is another option, I'm just saying. 

20 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

Best not to speak in absolutes. My child is an American. If my child is in the US, I would say that is urgent.

So?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

Best not to speak in absolutes. My child is an American. If my child is in the US, I would say that is urgent.

But in this case, the USC child is not petitioning for the mother, you are.  Expedite cases usually revolve around the needs of the USC petitioner.

As to your original question, no, having your fiancé apply for a B2 will not hurt her chances of the K1 as long as she does not materially misrepresent herself on the DS160 for the B2 application.  That being said, I agree, the chances are slim with a K1 application working its way through the system and a USC child.

Good Luck! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, topi123456 said:

The claim is for the urgency of the mother to be here. Not the child. You are using the US citizen child to leverage getting the mother here expeditedly. 

The mother is not a US citizen so there is no urgency based on that.  Now if the mother and child was separated for some reason you may have a case. But mother and child are together. 

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, topi123456 said:

the expediate has to be for the following which does not fit your case

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria or circumstance:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. Timely file the benefit request , or
    2. Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

you will find u can't rush this process 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 hours ago, topi123456 said:

My fiancee, his mother cannot. It is out of the question to take a 3month old away from his mother while breastfeeding. 

What do you think about an expedite request on the basis of my son requiring his mother to breastfeed.

I’m not a medical doctor or pediatric nutritionist and in any case not familiar  with your son’s medical case.  

6 hours ago, topi123456 said:

Would that be considered urgent? 

You would need to  provide convincing medical proof of peril to your son and medical or other proof that he cannot travel to his mother.  I think it is improbable as your son wouldn’t be the first infant forced to find a way to survive without the gestational mother’s milk.   

Best wishes for your son’s full recovery.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.