topi123456

Should my Fiancee try to get a tourist visa while we wait for the K1 visa?

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, topi123456 said:

Best not to speak in absolutes. My child is an American. If my child is in the US, I would say that is urgent.

Lmao well you don't work for USCIS and even if you did, you would not be allowed to work on your own case, so your opinion means nothing in the face of the facts, which is that USCIS would not consider this an emergency or serious reason for expedite.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’m not a medical doctor or pediatric nutritionist and in any case not familiar  with your son’s medical case.  

You would need to  provide convincing medical proof of peril to your son and medical or other proof that he cannot travel to his mother.  I think it is improbable as your son wouldn’t be the first infant forced to find a way to survive without the gestational mother’s milk.   

Best wishes for your son’s full recovery.  

the baby is just a baby and mother is breast feeding

no medical condition was ever mentioned 

OP thinks bringing the baby to the US will show the need for the mother to come with the baby 

Sorry OP ,  but your wife needs to go thru the same long drawn out process same as the rest of us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, topi123456 said:

The K1 visa process is taking longer than we thought. A year to process form i129f it looks like.

Is there any risk in applying for a B VISA while waiting for the K1?

If my fiancee gets denied for the B-1 visa will that affect the K1 visa??

Two things here:

1. You will miss 100% of the shots you never take.

2. There are two types of answers to your question; what will be palatable here, and what you choose to do

It's up to you what you choose to do with this information, but it's free of charge.

8 hours ago, topi123456 said:

Best not to speak in absolutes. My child is an American. If my child is in the US, I would say that is urgent.

Your child, as a USC and with a valid US passport can come to the US anytime, without issue.

This does not apply to any non-USC relative.  There is no urgency here.

Honestly, it looks like you are trying to circumvent the queue for a visa.   Not smart.

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

If this was a factor in USCIS/Consulates expediting, the next generation would be labeled Baby Boomers 2.

Funny too how even here on VJ, there has been a need to pin a thread about how pregnancy is not a reason to expedite.   Must be pretty widespread misconception, along with the sponsorship for tourist visas.

19 hours ago, topi123456 said:

The K1 visa process is taking longer than we thought. A year to process form i129f it looks like.

Is there any risk in applying for a B VISA while waiting for the K1?

If my fiancee gets denied for the B-1 visa will that affect the K1 visa??

considering there is a pending k1 visa petition, b-1 will be denied based on the assumption that mother is intending to immigrate unless the mother shows strong facts that she will return back to home country.  

duh

4 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

Rights be damned.

Not sure what this refers to.  The only "right" when it comes to US immigration is the right for the USC/LPR to petition an eligible family member or fiance.  That's it.

Being the spouse/fiance of a USC does not in and of itself confer any immigration benefit.

*** Mod warning... Let's keep things civil in here.

Temporarily locking the thread to cool things down. Thread will be under review in the meantime. 

VJ Moderation

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

*** After further review, thread will remain locked. The OP has received sufficient advice.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.