Annonymus

Is my online Moroccan boyfriend lying to me? (merged)

77 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I met a mwondeful Moroccan guy in a dating site back in January. He is 25 and I’m 33 .  I went into that site because I was going through a divorce and I needed someone to talk to. He helped me a lot, listened to me and made me feel a lot better about myself.  We started of playing and joking for like around 2 weeks to a month. Then as we started sharing pictures of each other and he told me... I have a heart full of love but not money (LOL) at the moment I took it as a joke. But as We kept talking I realized what he said. He meant it, it’s really difficult for him to get a job there specially because he hasn’t finished high school. He told me I’m his motivation and that he will now get it for me so we can have a better life together. I did tell him at one point that I could visit him so he can get an invite for a visa. He still told me he would marry me without knowing me (is that a red flag?). Also, my friends and I were going to go there together but at first he was okay with everything and then he insist that he wants me to go by myself. He say he would be more confortable to be just him and I. Him and I have an agreement, he can come to usa and work and if things work out we will have a relationship. If not, we will stay friends. Should I still go visit Morocco by myself? 

Edited by Annonymus
Missing info

I think you need to take things slowly...you both should get to know yourselves more better...though love is blind and he might be showing signs of possessing all you want in a man..But you should take your time...Give it time ..

Trust me you both have different cultural values and need time to really understand each other..Please don't allow someone leverage on you just for green card..

Relax,  give it time, time is the greatest factor that reveals sincerity and deceptive intentions..

For example me and my fiancee were school mate before she travelled in 2005...we reconnected in 2010 on Facebook...we were friends since 2010 and officially started dating 2018 and we just started the K1 visa..

I am not saying your own should take as long as mine ...but all I am saying is you need to adequately know whom you want to file a petition or else ..

Take life easy ,I can understand  it's not really easy with u right now emotionally..but rushing up things with him is not gonna help either...

Edited by Fk254

Timeline
10 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Best be careful than sorry! Don't petition someone for any visa based on an awfully short relationship without getting to know each other. If he is genuine, he'd take it slow with you. Petitioning someone has financial implications and you're responsible for them till they work at least 40 quarters or become a citizen, whichever comes first.

30 minutes ago, Annonymus said:

Hello everyone,

I met a mwondeful Moroccan guy in a dating site back in January. He is 25 and I’m 33 .  I went into that site because I was going through a divorce and I needed someone to talk to. He helped me a lot, listened to me and made me feel a lot better about myself.  We started of playing and joking for like around 2 weeks to a month. Then as we started sharing pictures of each other and he told me... I have a heart full of love but not money (LOL) at the moment I took it as a joke. But as We kept talking I realized what he said. He meant it, it’s really difficult for him to get a job there specially because he hasn’t finished high school. He told me I’m his motivation and that he will now get it for me so we can have a better life together. I did tell him at one point that I could visit him so he can get an invite for a visa. He still told me he would marry me without knowing me (is that a red flag?). Also, my friends and I were going to go there together but at first he was okay with everything and then he insist that he wants me to go by myself. He say he would be more confortable to be just him and I. Him and I have an agreement, he can come to usa and work and if things work out we will have a relationship. If not, we will stay friends. Should I still go visit Morocco by myself? 

10 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Best be careful than sorry! Don't petition someone for any visa based on an awfully short relationship without getting to know each other. If he is genuine, he'd take it slow with you. Petitioning someone has financial implications and you're responsible for them till they work at least 40 quarters or become a citizen, whichever comes first.

11 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

He just got a passport the moment I agree with meeting each other but he doesn’t have a visa for usa so we agreed to meet in a different country instead of Morocco. and has been trying to meet with me. But I keep changing the plans due to Covid. He is actively trying to meet me... applying for a different visa to a different country so we can meet and see if we are a good match to each other. this time I thought it would be easier if I take a mini vacation. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Annonymus said:

Hello everyone,

He just got a passport the moment I agree with meeting each other but he doesn’t have a visa for usa so we agreed to meet in a different country instead of Morocco. and has been trying to meet with me. But I keep changing the plans due to Covid. He is actively trying to meet me... applying for a different visa to a different country so we can meet and see if we are a good match to each other. this time I thought it would be easier if I take a mini vacation. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

What country are you guys planning to meet in? This is yet another crucial decision because if you are 100% about wanting to meet him alone, you want to go to a country where it is safe for a solo female traveler and it is easy for you to get help in general and/or access to a US embassy. I would not suggest meeting anywhere remote or a country where you don't speak the language as well as somewhere women are not properly respected. I've traveled a lot as a solo female traveler and my #1 priority is always about safety. And if you've never traveled alone outside of the US before or hardly traveled, again, going with friends can only work in your favor.

Dominican Republic ?

*** Moderator action: Two threads of the same topic merged. As per the site's TOS, do not create more than one thread of the same topic.

*** Topic moved from K1 section to General Immigration Discussion section of the forum.

VJ Moderation

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

31 minutes ago, Fk254 said:

I think you need to take things slowly...you both should get to know yourselves more better...though love is blind and he might be showing signs of possessing all you want in a man..But you should take your time...Give it time ..

Trust me you both have different cultural values and need time to really understand each other..Please don't allow someone leverage on you just for green card..

Relax,  give it time, time is the greatest factor that reveals sincerity and deceptive intentions..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.