magicant

How many total pages do most people submit for removal of conditions?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I know this question has been asked before, but I’m wondering how many people actually submit really big packages.

I have read some people say it’s best to include statements from every month, while others said a few months per year is fine.  Since I always prefer to do the most I can to prevent issues, and the instructions say evidence from date of marriage to filing, I assume it’s best to include every month.

The filing tips say to send single-sided copies of evidence.

Just looking at my bank and cell phone statements alone, those average 26 pages per month.  I will have about 38 months from date of marriage to date of filing.  That’s 988 pages just for those 3 items.  This doesn’t include the application, copies of IDs, other evidence like Health Insurance, Retirement Plans, Photos, etc.

So do a lot of people actually file over 1,000 pages with their application? 

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Our package was rather large, but we did not send months of bank statements, nor utility bills.  The biggest part of our package was our wills and living wills, but we did send verification that the two of us jointly owned each other's bank accounts, proof that we were both on utility bills, joint insurance documents, joint credit cards, and pictures.  Overall, the package was about 3/4 of an inch thick with a binder clip securing everything.  I really doubt an IO will look at every page of utility/phone bills, but it is up to you what you send.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, magicant said:

I know this question has been asked before, but I’m wondering how many people actually submit really big packages.

I have read some people say it’s best to include statements from every month, while others said a few months per year is fine.  Since I always prefer to do the most I can to prevent issues, and the instructions say evidence from date of marriage to filing, I assume it’s best to include every month.

Just looking at my bank and cell phone statements alone, those average 26 pages per month.  I will have about 38 months from date of marriage to date of filing.  That’s 988 pages just for those 3 items.  This doesn’t include the application, copies of IDs, other evidence like Health Insurance, Retirement Plans, Photos, etc.

Thank you.

Whoa, no need to send in every monthly bank statement or bill statement. General unofficial rule of thumb is to send in one statement per quarter (4 for each year of marriage).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I certainly wouldn't send in every cell phone statement.  I think our entire package was a little less than 100 pages.  This is what we sent.  No RFEs....just waiting for an interview.

For ROC

Apartment lease with both our names & signatures
Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
Deed for new home with both our names
Mortgage Lender Letter with both our names.
Credit Cards showing both on joint account with same card number.
Amazon delivery label showing both names and our current address.
Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor.
Tricare Eligibility Letter showing both of us together.
Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)
Our Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
2018 Joint Tax ReturnTax Returns 
Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
Car Insurance Cards showing both of us as insured drivers for our car
Boarding Passes for Las Vegas Valentine Day Trip 2019
Utility application showing both our names for our current address    

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, magicant said:

Thank you.

We submitted a total of 98 pages including the I-751 form

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Quarterly statements are fine.

A while back, someone on VJ suggested signing up for USPS Informed Delivery and printing samples that show mail addressed to each spouse and better yet addressed to both spouses. I think that is brilliant and it will be in our ROC package later this year.

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Quarterly statements are fine.

A while back, someone on VJ suggested signing up for USPS Informed Delivery and printing samples that show mail addressed to each spouse and better yet addressed to both spouses. I think that is brilliant and it will be in our ROC package later this year.

Yup, that’s what I did. 😁 

my package was 2 inches thick, bulk was from 2.5 years of bank statements, 2 years of joint gas bill & 1.5 years of mobile family plan bill. 

I-130 & I-485 (AOS) Concurrent Filing | Approved in 13 months & 10 days

Spoiler

05/27/2017: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

05/31/2017: Priority Date for I-130 & I-485; Received Date for all 4 cases

06/30/2017: Biometrics completed

07/13/2017: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

09/19/2017: Submitted online case inquiry for EAD

09/20/2017: Approval Date for EAD & AP (117 days from filing date)

09/25/2017: Received hard copy I-797 Notices of Action (EAD & AP)

09/27/2017: Received Combo Card (EAD & AP)

12/27/2017: Submitted online case inquiry/SR for I-485/I-130 

05/17/2018: Received email response re: SR  

05/29/2018: Notice Date for AOS Interview scheduled

07/06/2018: AOS Interview & Approval Date (406 days from filing date) 

07/13/2018: Conditional Green Card in hand (CR6)

I-751 Removal of Conditions (ROC) Filing | Approved in 12 months & 9 days

Spoiler

03/18/2020: USCIS sent Reminder to File Form I-751 notice (sent to old address)

03/31/2020: USPS processed Return to Sender mail to NBC (Reminder to File Form I-751 notice)

04/02/2020: NBC received  Return to Sender mail (Reminder to File Form I-751 notice)

04/06/2020: Received Reminder to File Form I-751 notice in the mail to our current address

04/07/2020: ROC window opens

04/11/2020: I-751 Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox via USPS

04/13/2020: Package delivered to Phoenix Lockbox; Received Date for I-751

04/15/2020: Credit Card charged

04/16/2020: Case was received, assigned to WACNotice Date for I-751

04/17/2020: SMS notification that case was received

04/20/2020: Received hard copy I-797 NOA

09/30/2020: Old fingerprints were applied to ROC application

12/30/2020: SMS/e-mail received that case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction

01/04/2021: Received Transfer Notice to NBC 

04/19/2021: New card is being produced; Approval Notice date (374 days from filing date

04/20/2021: Case was approved notification received

04/21/2021: Card has been mailed to me notification

04/22/2021: I-751 Approval Notice received

04/24/2021: Permanent Green Card in hand (IR6)

N-400 Naturalization Filing | TBD

Spoiler

04/07/2021: N-400 Window opens (based on 3 year residency rule)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Depends. Mine was less than 30 pages total. Majority of what made the 30 was bank statements which were like 5 pages each. I think I sent like 3 Bank statements. Rest were just 1 page documents 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

We sent ours last week. Ours was about 1 inch thick.

For any financial statements, we only sent Jan 2021 and Jan 2020 full statements, so it wouldn't look like I added my wife to everything right before ROC, but I also didn't want to go all the way back to 2017... Some of these statements are 10-15 pages long, and we have several banking & investment accounts. I cant imagine sending years worth of these - I'd probably need a large box! We also submitted the usual stuff - our kid's birth certificate, my stepdaughter's immigration info (including me as her guardian in the US), joint house deed/property tax statement, joint car title, lots of joint insurance, DLs, etc...

Edited by RamonGomez

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I certainly wouldn't send in every cell phone statement.  I think our entire package was a little less than 100 pages.  This is what we sent.  No RFEs....just waiting for an interview.

For ROC

Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)

For your wife's dependent ID did you make a copy of both front and back?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

For your wife's dependent ID did you make a copy of both front and back?  

Just the front since it shows her name, picture, and my name as her sponsor.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Just the front since it shows her name, picture, and my name as her sponsor.

I may do that for both my wife and step son.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Mine was about 50 pages total.

I believe you know this already but it's not really the number of pages. It's how strong the evidence is.

For instance, I didn't send any bank statements and honestly 2-3 months statements should do.

I sent them paperwork showing co-mingling of assets and liabilities. We bought a home and I sent paperwork showing we were both on the title.

I didn't send a single photograph and I guess it didn't matter because I was approved without an RFE.

All the best.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

For ROC

Saving this for myself next year 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

About 50 pages for us?

Quality > quantity

Financial: Tax transcripts, EOB, bank statements, covering duration of marriage. Wills, estate planning.

Common residence: Official documents sent to our common address - FAA ID, driver's licence, SSA summaries, etc.

Fluff: pictures, international travel pics and stamps, sworn affidavits from friends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.