Daniel78

When to give up on our K1.... Never ending wait during Covid

52 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Daniel78 said:

I don't have a direct line with the Philippines president obviously. But of course I have been following the situation closely there and the politics seem to be "stay closed down until everybody gets vaccinated and Covid is gone forever" before things return to "normal" 

I agree with you, it will be late 2021 or 2022 before the US Embassy in Manila opens back up for routine K1 processing

7 hours ago, thisisnotnormal said:

Embassies around the world are starting to process visas again. It will happen. They already have your file so you will be the first to be called. 

Remember until January 21 the embassies are taking still guidance from Pompeo. 

Philippines has some of the strictest lockdown in the world, They will not be able to open the US embassy up for processing if the President has the country on lockdown.  He has said many times the country will not open back up until everyone has the vaccine, which in the Philippines could take years.

8 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

What evidence do you have that the consulate will remain closed for the entire year?  World-wide closures were due to Covid.  Vaccinations are rolling out across the world.

Evidence is quite clear: 

Duterte has put the Philippines on probably the longest and more than likely the strictest lockdown back in March.  He has said many times the country will remain under lockdown until the vaccine is distributed

As of now target take for the bulk of the population to get vaccinated is late 2021 or early 2022.  If you keep up with news in the Philippines this is pretty much common knowledge

Duterte runs the county with an iron fist, He will remain President until the end of June 2022 when his term ends, rumors are his daughter will take over as the next President, this has been is style when he was Mayor Of Davao, once his term expired his daughter took over as Mayor to enforce his policies. 

Google him and you will see how he ran Davao City and what he did to law breakers there, and now how he is running the entire country.  I like the guy he has done alot of good for Philippines.

Edited by Allovertheworld

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, Daniel78 said:

Currently have had NOA2 approved since early February for my fiancee in the Philippines, but we had our interview cancelled in March due to Covid. With the way the politics are in the Philippines, it seems like to me that the US Embassy might not even open next year. I am thinking about setting May 1 as the "give up"date, as it seems like we have to move on with our lives at some point.

While nobody here can tell you what to do concerning your relationship, it is still possible to have your visa issued in another country... If you have set May 1st as your 'move on' date just know when your withdraw your petition their is no going back... We have seen lots of folks come back to VJ to say how sorry their are to withdraw petition and if anything can be done to reinstate it.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It takes a lot of patience to deal with the whole process, especially during this pandemic.  If you both feel that you don't want to keep both of your lives on hold, then you can make a decision from there. 

21 hours ago, Daniel78 said:

Currently have had NOA2 approved since early February for my fiancee in the Philippines, but we had our interview cancelled in March due to Covid. With the way the politics are in the Philippines, it seems like to me that the US Embassy might not even open next year. I am thinking about setting May 1 as the "give up"date, as it seems like we have to move on with our lives at some point.

Find a local date, but I doubt you would find any with your impatience.

If you're really wanting to see movement, if you can afford it I would hire a lawyer or join Miligan vs Pompeo. People I know that have done this (including myself) and saw movement in their visa. But again, this may not be the best option for you, but something to perhaps consider. 

54 minutes ago, Angela & Brendon said:

If you're really wanting to see movement, if you can afford it I would hire a lawyer or join Miligan vs Pompeo.

This option would probably not work for the OP as the Philippines has never been under the PP travel ban and the embassy in Manila has never used the travel ban as their excuse for the K1 processing delays.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been curious about some of the exotic options, such as joining a lawsuit or contacting a Senator. Seems like Dec 3rd was the last date to join the lawsuit, at any rate. Anybody got any other ideas that might work?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.