Ukrainian Queen

Ukrainian K1 lady wigged out and sent consulate email

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Has anyone ever heard of the fiancé at the last minute wigging out due to the corona virus and the time apart it caused send an email to the embassy saying she thinks her partner was unfaithful and is no longer interested in continuing the process? But then she regrets sending it because she saw it was just nerves and time apart? Doesn’t the embassy actually require a wet signature and not an email? I have not heard from the embassy about her email. Our K1 was approved through USCIS and NVC in March. We are waiting for them to send us the letter telling us that they have our application. What do I do if she we both want to continue the process? Do I have to do a new K1? Will I need to do a CR1 instead because of what she did?

6 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

Has anyone ever heard of the fiancé at the last minute wigging out due to the corona virus and the time apart it caused send an email to the embassy saying she thinks her partner was unfaithful and is no longer interested in continuing the process? But then she regrets sending it because she saw it was just nerves and time apart? Doesn’t the embassy actually require a wet signature and not an email? I have not heard from the embassy about her email. Our K1 was approved through USCIS and NVC in March. We are waiting for them to send us the letter telling us that they have our application. What do I do if she we both want to continue the process? Do I have to do a new K1? Will I need to do a CR1 instead because of what she did?

Did the approved petition make it to the embassy?  Generally, withdrawing a petition or visa application is irreversible, and you would need to start over with a new petition.  What does the CEAC status say?

Do you think maybe it would be better to spend some more time together in person, to confirm that you both actually want to marry each other?  It's easy to dismiss her actions as 'nerves,' but clearly there is something amiss.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So the beneficiary, who is a Ukrainian lady, sent a letter to the embassy? Am I understanding it correctly?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

Stay the course and see of it comes up at her interview 

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, Timona said:

So the beneficiary, who is a Ukrainian lady, sent a letter to the embassy? Am I understanding it correctly?

Yes

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Written withdrawal of an application is final.  

How this turns out will depend on if the US Embassy accepts the email as sufficient to irrevocably withdraw the case.   If her email is listed in her case, they may accept the withdrawal.  

Call the NVC to check on the case.  Then, contact the US Embassy to check on the case.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Did the approved petition make it to the embassy?  Generally, withdrawing a petition or visa application is irreversible, and you would need to start over with a new petition.  What does the CEAC status say?

Do you think maybe it would be better to spend some more time together in person, to confirm that you both actually want to marry each other?  It's easy to dismiss her actions as 'nerves,' but clearly there is something amiss.

We have been together for 2 and 1/2 years. We know each mother very well but being unable to spend time together for 9 months coupled with her imagination is what caused her to think this, Illness to the point of going to the hospital and vomiting led her to write an email. I found that she many believe in numerology and astronomy. Couple that with these off the wall feelings like they would even know the time someone did something if they did. This was disapproved beyond a shadow of a doubt when I went to Ukraine this past week. 

I wrote the embassy prior to me finding out about her email and they simply stated that they have not received our application yet and would notify me. The thing is that our application was approved by both USCIS and NVC back in March 2020 but the Covid thing happened and they could not mail it out due to what I was told was state department mandate to hold off on sending applications to the embassies. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

even if she makes it to interview...it raises questions about the relationship and CO could base his decision on that

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

4 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

even if she makes it to interview...it raises questions about the relationship and CO could base his decision on that

I couldn't agree more. It's the responsibility of the beneficiary at the interview to convince the CO that there is a Bonafide relationship and that they will marry once she arrives stateside. This is a BIG RED FLAG that the CO will see. They need to prepare for questioning with her having confidence in each word she speaks at the interview. OP needs be prepared for a denial and they still have the option of filing the CR-1/IR-1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

11 hours ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

We have been together for 2 and 1/2 years. We know each mother very well but being unable to spend time together for 9 months coupled with her imagination is what caused her to think this, Illness to the point of going to the hospital and vomiting led her to write an email. I found that she many believe in numerology and astronomy. Couple that with these off the wall feelings like they would even know the time someone did something if they did. This was disapproved beyond a shadow of a doubt when I went to Ukraine this past week. 

I wrote the embassy prior to me finding out about her email and they simply stated that they have not received our application yet and would notify me. The thing is that our application was approved by both USCIS and NVC back in March 2020 but the Covid thing happened and they could not mail it out due to what I was told was state department mandate to hold off on sending applications to the embassies. 

Have you tried talking to the person first ?

duh

Timeline
3 hours ago, Adventine said:

If her anxiety is causing her to become physically sick enough to go to the hospital, send aberrant messages about your petition/relationship and have "off the wall feelings", she needs professional help. 

Her anxiety was caused by her beliefs that I did to the point that she wouldn’t believe me or talk to me. So for her it was a breakup and that’s what sent her to the hospital followed by professional help. It wasn’t until I went there in person last week that it got resolved. Why I could be defending her I do see reason for being sick for 3 weeks. The relationship is a legit relationship. I would say it would have been similar to the sentiments of a divorce.  People have terrible depressions and anxiety. So the question is would they embassy have truly accepted her request by an email since it seems everything thus far has to be well documented, I.e wet signatures stamps motorized etc 

Timeline
1 hour ago, James120383 said:

Have you tried talking to the person first ?

The embassy? Not yet. I sent them an email back in September and they responded that they would let me know when they receive the application. That email was a week after her email 

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

I really hope everything works out for you two in the end.

Here are some things that you should consider talking about between you:

• Immigration is a long haul - it won't be done after the interview, there is going to be more paperwork, interviews, etc. here as you do the Adjustment of Status (you are a K1, right?), Removal of Conditions, etc.  So, she needs to be aware of that and think about whether or not she will be able to handle it.
  • If she is heavily affected by her anxiety, energy, (whatever she believes in), she needs to get assistance with managing all of that.  She has the right to believe in anything she wants, but it should not affect her to the point of being hospitalized or making rash decisions under that state.
  • While being together does help, she will be affected by coming into a new country, culture, being away from family and the known, etc.  You won't be able to "fix it all" because you cannot be "all things" to make her happy.  And that's OK.  But, if you talk about it now and think about it, it will help in keeping things smoother when she is here.
  • As others have said, it is a red flag that she went the route of writing the e-mail.  So, maybe there are some underlying fears (besides immigration and being apart) that led her to that.  Whether she was affected by energy, etc., that's besides the point (I am being respectful).  You two should talk and just be honest with one another.

We definitely know the arduous process we have been in it since last September. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.