Ukrainian Queen

Ukrainian K1 lady wigged out and sent consulate email

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

We have been together for 2 and 1/2 years. We know each mother very well but being unable to spend time together for 9 months coupled with her imagination is what caused her to think this, Illness to the point of going to the hospital and vomiting led her to write an email. I found that she many believe in numerology and astronomy. Couple that with these off the wall feelings like they would even know the time someone did something if they did. This was disapproved beyond a shadow of a doubt when I went to Ukraine this past week. 

I wrote the embassy prior to me finding out about her email and they simply stated that they have not received our application yet and would notify me. The thing is that our application was approved by both USCIS and NVC back in March 2020 but the Covid thing happened and they could not mail it out due to what I was told was state department mandate to hold off on sending applications to the embassies. 

My case says it’s ready nothing on it to suggest anything has been done or rejected by the embassy. Has a case updated as of today the 13th but does not say what was updated. Anyone have any idea on how to check this? What update was done today since it has today’s date?

I would be surprised if you could simply cancel through email given it could be anyone, even if using their supposed email on the application. I had to send a letter and it had to be notarized, as per the Greek embassy's instructions to me (re:K1 visa for an ex long ago), but that was like.. 12'ish years ago? I (the petitioner) also got a confirmation (in the mail) a few weeks later that the K1 was cancelled. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I would be surprised if you could simply cancel through email given it could be anyone, even if using their supposed email on the application. I had to send a letter and it had to be notarized, as per the Greek embassy's instructions to me (re:K1 visa for an ex long ago), but that was like.. 12'ish years ago? I (the petitioner) also got a confirmation (in the mail) a few weeks later that the K1 was cancelled. 

My thoughts exactly. I have not received anything and she sent the email sept 16. Thank you. Keeping our fingers crossed and if she is crossed examined she will need to be honest that she had a breakdown as our relationship is truly Bonafide and we have the proofs. Again thank you for your insight. 

33 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

My thoughts exactly. I have not received anything and she sent the email sept 16. Thank you. Keeping our fingers crossed and if she is crossed examined she will need to be honest that she had a breakdown as our relationship is truly Bonafide and we have the proofs. Again thank you for your insight. 

i would say relax. its not the end of the world . Things happen and COVID situation can be stressful for everyone. Just stay patient.  It will work out eventually. 

So where are you in the process ?  Your first step is to contact your lady and discuss your plans calmly if you want to continue the process.  Give it some time so people are relaxed and thinking through the process. People dont think through when they are stressed out.

Once you decide moving forward, do the required work and contact consulate where the process is. do you have to restart or continue the process ?.  iam guessing that consulate has not taken any action on your case. 

Dont stress out on these things. It will take time and can be stressful 

duh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Contact the embassy and ask them about your case.  It's KyivIV@state.gov, but maybe KyivNIV@state.gov (I am not sure which unit handles K1 - I would assume the immigration unit).

Also, you can call directly using the phone number listed at the embassy website.  Due to the time difference it is best to call at around 8 or 9 AM, which would be just after lunch Kyiv time.

One major issue, as others have pointed out, is that you and your fiance have to affirm that you will marry each other within 90 days of her entering the US.  The email that your fiance sent puts this intent into doubt.  A fresh set of letters might help.

Belief in numerology and such is uncommon over there, but is not rare.  My wife has some beliefs that are similar.  But it is more to do with minor views and decisions - about getting this color or style vs that, or picking the right time for a trip/vacation.  But believing in signs over a potential spouse, to the extent your fiance did, is extreme.  Please realize that people here have not only gone through visas and immigration, but also with marriages and relationships.  That is why they have posted what they have - it seems the health of your relationship may be in jeopardy.  It is far easier to work on it now and try to solve it before marriage and immigration than to ignore it and have it be an issue afterwards.

Anyway, good luck on your visa, and I hope your relationship works out. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

You need to step back and understand the situation as it relates the petitions and visa applications. 

You haven't heard anything from Kyiv because Kyiv has nothing.   No petition has yet been sent to Kyiv (and only you can rescind this BTW) and no visa application (ds160) has been submitted by your fiancee.  You need to relax and stay the course if you both want to cotinue.  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several posts violating the site's Terms of Service have been removed.

OP, please review and comprehend the TOS to which you agreed to adhere when you joined the site.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.