kshoemoney

Has anyone used WebWed Mobile for getting married for their CR-1/IR-1?

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, kshoemoney said:

So, if we were to use it get married, and then find a way to meet up and “consummate” the marriage, wouldn’t that fulfill the USCIS requirement?

Technically, proxy marriages that have been consummated will fulfil the requirements, but I've seen nothing but problems with this over the years.  If you can see each other after marriage and before filing the petition, then you can probably also get married when you are together to consummate the marriage.  Doing it that way will avoid headaches later.

Google Proxy Marriage US Spouse visa and see what kind of stories you read.  You are not likely to find encouragement.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Timona said:

You're making a mountain out of an anthill....just take the simple definition. Have you guys had sex after marriage? That's all USCIS may need. Don't make it difficult for yourself by asking what it means legally, religiously, economically etc....😄😄😄

Weuh..maybe people these days have sex via Bluetooth lol

2 hours ago, Timona said:

You're making a mountain out of an anthill....just take the simple definition. Have you guys had sex after marriage? That's all USCIS may need. Don't make it difficult for yourself by asking what it means legally, religiously, economically etc....😄😄😄

I guess it just seemed weird to me that the U.S. Government is saying "only counts if you had sex. Prove it!!"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, kshoemoney said:

I guess it just seemed weird to me that the U.S. Government is saying "only counts if you had sex. Prove it!!"

Not what they are saying.   They are saying prove that you have met face to face post proxy marriage.

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Not what they are saying.   They are saying prove that you have met face to face post proxy marriage.

Well that isn't what consummate means and apparently in some cases people submit sworn affidavits to say they have "consummated" the marriage and the USCIS looks at things like if you have a child as further proof.

3 minutes ago, kshoemoney said:

Well that isn't what consummate means and apparently in some cases people submit sworn affidavits to say they have "consummated" the marriage and the USCIS looks at things like if you have a child as further proof.

Incorrect.

People can have all the kids they want and submit all the affidavits they want, but those are not requirements.

You need a marriage certificate and evidence of having been in each other's company on or after the date of marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, kshoemoney said:

From USCIS site 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-2

Relationships where one party is not present during the marriage ceremony (proxy marriages) unless the marriage has been consummated; [6] 

50 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Incorrect.

People can have all the kids they want and submit all the affidavits they want, but those are not requirements.

You need a marriage certificate and evidence of having been in each other's company on or after the date of marriage.

Right, but the reason they want to establish that you were together in the same physical space is to try to establish that you satisfied the statute to have consummated the marriage (hence the affidavits and children, supposing they born 9+ months after marrying). I think we might be getting a little far afield from the original topic though, lol

50 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

From USCIS site 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-2

Relationships where one party is not present during the marriage ceremony (proxy marriages) unless the marriage has been consummated; [6] 

Ahh okay, thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, kshoemoney said:

For US immigration purposes, context is KING.  Sworn affidavits mean nothing unless there's evidence of being together and then they are not needed as are evidence of nothing.  All USCIS is looking for is primary evidence the couple was together in the same place, during or/and after the proxy etc. marriage took place.  Passport stamps and boarding passes are primary evidence of travel.

I still advise against any sort of proxy marriage.  If you can get there later, you can marry during that visit too.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Just now, pushbrk said:

For US immigration purposes, context is KING.  Sworn affidavits mean nothing unless there's evidence of being together and then they are not needed as are evidence of nothing.  All USCIS is looking for is primary evidence the couple was together in the same place, during or/and after the proxy etc. marriage took place.  Passport stamps and boarding passes are primary evidence of travel.

I still advise against any sort of proxy marriage.  If you can get there later, you can marry during that visit too.

Right, I agree with you. I just meant I've heard some people submit affidavits in addition to proof that they have been together physically in order to fulfill the consummation requirement. And thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, kshoemoney said:

Right, I agree with you. I just meant I've heard some people submit affidavits in addition to proof that they have been together physically in order to fulfill the consummation requirement. And thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

What people have done and whether it was useful or evidence at all are different things.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

10 minutes ago, kshoemoney said:

Actual documentation, such as passport stamps, is your best bet.

5 hours ago, kshoemoney said:

I came across this service last night called WebWed Mobile that offers 100% legal marriages online and given that my boyfriend are not able to see each other right now because of COVID (I am in NYC and he is in Italy), but we want to get married, I thought that if this is legit it would be a lifesaver. I am skeptical because I haven't heard much about it, but they have been operational since 2016 and they do not do proxy marriages, but instead specialize in cyber jurisdiction and you get a traditional marriage certificate. They say they do not offer immigration legal advice, as immigration approval is more complicated than just being married, but that customers of theirs have used marriage licenses through WebWed to get spousal visas.

I am wondering if anyone has used this service and can speak to whether it is acceptable to use for immigration purposes? I would think if it was legit that everyone would be raving about it, but it seems like no one has heard of it. Conversely, if it was a scam I would expect to find people saying that loudly as well, but there isn't really. There are many positive reviews on reviews.io but I would love to find someone that could speak to its legitimacy for immigration purposes. I don't want to do it if it will mean USCIS doesn't look at our marriage as legitimate, but if it does work, then it would be a no brainer to do, since we could get our petition rolling now, since the travel restrictions are likely to be in place for many months in the future anyway. Also, if we were married, they would let him in to visit during covid because they allow in Spouses of U.S. citizens, I believe.

Thanks for your help!

completely illegal with regards to immigration and US law 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.