dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2020

164 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

There is no special form. We called the embassy and they gave us the email address to send the inquiry to. We started off by sending an email asking how to do it. They told us to "provide justification of urgency and hardship" and to attach supporting documents of hardship.

My husband is in a risk group for Covid19 and living alone, so we said he needed emotional support and someone to care for him if he would fall ill. Also I live in a multi-generational family in my country which is also considered a risk factor for Covid19. We attached a supporting document which showed the multi-generational family. That's it. It was enough to get expedited.

Make sure you state the name of the person submitting the inquiry, your NVC case number, petitioner's name and date of birth, and applicant's name and date of birth at the beginning of the email.

Thank you so much! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
42 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Hello everyone,

So i got DQed yesterday..

Do i have to wait for the interview letter before proceeding for medicals?

Cheers

Yes, you have to wait for the interview letter. The medical only lasts 6 months, and your visa expiration is tied to the medical. Also, I don’t know if it’s in all countries like this, but I was asked for the interview letter at my medical, and when trying to schedule they didn’t let me schedule even a month before, they let me Schedule I think two or three weeks before my interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Iscir said:

Yes, you have to wait for the interview letter. The medical only lasts 6 months, and your visa expiration is tied to the medical. Also, I don’t know if it’s in all countries like this, but I was asked for the interview letter at my medical, and when trying to schedule they didn’t let me schedule even a month before, they let me Schedule I think two or three weeks before my interview. 

Alright.

Thank you very much!

Question...we were DQ April 6, 2020.
When I log in to CEAC, it is still showing "Case is currently at: NVC." Does this actually update when the consulate receives our case? Or does it continue to say NVC until we get our interview letter?

Thank you!

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, DGF said:

It changes to Montreal (or the name of the consulate for those not in Canada) when your interview has been scheduled. We were DQ in December and ours still says at NVC

@KAP2019  😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/16/2020 at 6:39 PM, Anmol Yash said:

Got our DQ on May 9th! Joining this thread as we wait for the IL :)

Got DQ today May 19th! 

I hope Mumbai embassy opens soon!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Does any of you know what the policy is - once you have the greencard - in terms of travelling abroad (like going back to my home country)?

My kids (from my previous marriage) are teenagers, they will be staying in France with their dad once I move to the US.

I want of course to be able to spend some time with them. So, do you know how often we are allowed to travel and for how long? Where can I find infos on that?

Thank you guys,

Take care - Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone,

Does any of you know what the policy is - once you have the greencard - in terms of travelling abroad (like going back to my home country)?

My kids (from my previous marriage) are teenagers, they will be staying in France with their dad once I move to the US.

I want of course to be able to spend some time with them. So, do you know how often we are allowed to travel and for how long? Where can I find infos on that?

Thank you guys,

Take care - Alix

You can travel as much as you like but you can't stay abroad for a full year. 

That's what I was told years ago .

I advise you to make sure since things change dramatically. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rama19 said:

You can travel as much as you like but you can't stay abroad for a full year. 

That's what I was told years ago .

I advise you to make sure since things change dramatically. 

Thank you Rama19 :)

Yes, that's the problem... things change fast and drastically.

I will investigate

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.