dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2020

164 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, SETETA said:

Hi thanks have you received any update from the embassy or reached out to them? Also were your papers DQed? Thanks so much. Yes, we all hope they open soon.

I have not received anything from the embassy. From what I gather in this forum, we must just wait... good luck to us!  😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, Hilde said:

I have not received anything from the embassy. From what I gather in this forum, we must just wait... good luck to us!  😃

Just wanted to update you. Our expedite case was received by the embassy. They called us and said they would contact us again when they reopen to schedule the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has anyone that got DQ since the lockdown started with embassies had their case updated on NVC to have it changed from @NVC to their respective embassy?

Just trying to get a sense of anything that might be happening behind the scenes lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Jamie Solo said:

Has anyone that got DQ since the lockdown started with embassies had their case updated on NVC to have it changed from @NVC to their respective embassy?

Just trying to get a sense of anything that might be happening behind the scenes lol

I got DQ April 6.  CEAC portal still says @   NVC, was also wondering when / if this would change to  @     Montreal ...

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I got DQ April 6.  CEAC portal still says @   NVC, was also wondering when / if this would change to  @     Montreal ...

Same here.

Got DQ April 6 and it still says @ NVC...

I wrote to the Embassy in Paris yesterday, we'll see what they say.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We got DQ on March 16th. Our case was then stuck at NVC. Last Tuesday we asked the embassy to expedite our case. They immediately (the same day) approved our request and contacted NVC to request our case be sent to them. Next day, Wednesday, the embassy had received an electronic copy and now sent us an email listing all the documents we need to get ready for the interview.

I don't think any cases are forwarded to embassies without the embassy requesting it.

1 minute ago, Alix64 said:

Same here.

Got DQ April 6 and it still says @ NVC...

I wrote to the Embassy in Paris yesterday, we'll see what they say.

Did you ask for an expedite?

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

We got DQ on March 16th. Our case was then stuck at NVC. Last Tuesday we asked the embassy to expedite our case. They immediately (the same day) approved our request and contacted NVC to request our case be sent to them. Next day, Wednesday, the embassy had received an electronic copy and now sent us an email listing all the documents we need to get ready for the interview.

I don't think any cases are forwarded to embassies without the embassy requesting it.

Your post is super useful, thanks.

No, we did not ask for expedite. Is there a special form for it? How did you put it? Thank you for your help.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

It changes to Montreal (or the name of the consulate for those not in Canada) when your interview has been scheduled. We were DQ in December and ours still says at NVC

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

1 hour ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

We got DQ on April 21, and our case is at NVC. Very useful your post. Thank you. 

May I ask what was the reason that the embassy approved?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI all - Not all consulates are treating successful expedites as emergency interviews? The Juarez (Mexico) consulate has been doing expedited visa interviews the past month even tho the consulate has been closed to any other activity since March... we have no proper reason for expedite otherwise we'd be all over it 

DQ - 8/29/19

Mexico Consulate in Juarez 

Waiting for visa interview 

Requested by citizen 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Your post is super useful, thanks.

No, we did not ask for expedite. Is there a special form for it? How did you put it? Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, David G said:

We got DQ on April 21, and our case is at NVC. Very useful your post. Thank you. 

May I ask what was the reason that the embassy approved?

There is no special form. We called the embassy and they gave us the email address to send the inquiry to. We started off by sending an email asking how to do it. They told us to "provide justification of urgency and hardship" and to attach supporting documents of hardship.

My husband is in a risk group for Covid19 and living alone, so we said he needed emotional support and someone to care for him if he would fall ill. Also I live in a multi-generational family in my country which is also considered a risk factor for Covid19. We attached a supporting document which showed the multi-generational family. That's it. It was enough to get expedited.

Make sure you state the name of the person submitting the inquiry, your NVC case number, petitioner's name and date of birth, and applicant's name and date of birth at the beginning of the email.

Edited by Jon & Ygritte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.