Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything has been paused since the virus. My wife has been here for almost a year now. Waiting on an interview for her green card. I think it’s gonna be a while because USCIS is gonna be backed up since the offices have been shut down during the pandemic. Normal approval times are gonna be pushed out imo....yes it’s upsetting for those who have loved ones who are not here right now. My heart goes out to you, but we’re all going through tough times. We’ve been waiting for the ok to leave to visit her family in the a Philippines, but we know it’s gonna be a while before we can safety do that. Praying for everyone 🙏🙏🙏

4 minutes ago, Irish42 said:

Everything has been paused since the virus. My wife has been here for almost a year now. Waiting on an interview for her green card. I think it’s gonna be a while because USCIS is gonna be backed up since the offices have been shut down during the pandemic. Normal approval times are gonna be pushed out imo....yes it’s upsetting for those who have loved ones who are not here right now. My heart goes out to you, but we’re all going through tough times. We’ve been waiting for the ok to leave to visit her family in the a Philippines, but we know it’s gonna be a while before we can safety do that. Praying for everyone 🙏🙏🙏

I agree with this. My only ray of hope for us is that the London office had a cut off of March 31st on accepting any new DCF filings. So, beyond what would have been postmarked by that date, there shouldn't be too much backlog beyond that. But anything filed stateside I can see massive delays even without any EO being done. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Every EO he signed had exceptions. This one will not be different. Lets wait and see who is exempted but do not be surprised if the whole thing does not happen.

it is just a tweet for now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Irish42 said:

Been seeing more and more stories of spouses being approved for a GC with an interview waiver at the AOS stage.  Right now it is anecdotal, but maybe something is happening to reduce workload.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I’m in shock imagine waiting for your husband to be with you with all these stress going on, why he had to be focus on immigration now  what immigration had to do with all that as long all been test to be in the airline or mask just like we doing  at this moment. He is our president what can we do he made the law he change the law he can’t be here forever I am not happy at all  this is very sad plan B for me is to travel and wait when he reopen I miss my kids and my husband so much 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just started reading this thread at the Department of Justice waiting for my wife to apply for her police certificate.  I'm glad I chose to move to Vietnam to live with my wife until her visa is approved instead of stay in the US.   You never know how these things are going to go.  Fortunate to have a job that lets me work from here.  We are at NVC right now so all this COVID and tweet delay will do to us is possibly prevent a Christmas trip home.  We were planning to move June 2021 after her daughter's school year is out so hopefully this won't affect us much.  If it does I'll just stay here longer.  

I have read other posts in months past that said to go as soon as your visa is approved and to not wait until the end of the 6 months.  Very telling statement right now.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm surprised I managed to get dressed and into work this morning after reading this. We just sent off our application for a K1 in February, so it's still early in the process for us. I'm fearful of any impact this will have as I don't see my relationship making it if  this delays the visa significantly.  I hope the best for everyone else.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I have my K-1 visa in hand but I can’t even travel because he banned travel from the European Union. I literally have no way to make it to the US. 

New York Times is reporting the order will temporarily bar new green cards and work visas, and could come as early as the next few days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/us/coronavirus-live-news.html#link-f0a49b5

Under such an executive order, the Trump administration would no longer approve any applications from foreigners to live and work in the United States for an undetermined period of time, effectively shutting down the legal immigration system in the same way the president has long advocated closing the borders to illegal immigration.

Still don't know what will happen to those who already received an entry visa but have not yet stepped foot in the door.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Personal reality and that this applies to all visas, what is the use of the embassy imitating visas and you cannot travel ???  The reality is that the United States is a disaster of covid-19 cases, we really have to be aware that this would happen, as long as the embassies do not have a positive response from the government, they will not reopen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

I have my K-1 visa in hand but I can’t even travel because he banned travel from the European Union. I literally have no way to make it to the US. 

Me too, was supposed to travel from the UK on the 8th Apr, visa expires 9th Jun 😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, VJmember2020 said:

I’ve been in a long distant relationship for 7 years with my fiancé. Met when we were 21 and 19. We were just about to have our Wedding and legal ceremony and then start the spouse visa and this happens. Just great. Feel like life has been going way against me these last few months. 

Don’t lose hope...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Been seeing more and more stories of spouses being approved for a GC with an interview waiver at the AOS stage.  Right now it is anecdotal, but maybe something is happening to reduce workload.

This is the first I´m hearing of this and it made me hopeful. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all. Just found out about this. Very unnerving considering we've been waiting so long.  

Hopefully those that are married and awaiting NOA2 will be sped up or at least processed or grandfathered in after a certain date. 

Im sure the back lash over this will be heavy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.