Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Looking for some advice. 

CR-1 received and have been waiting for the right time to travel to the states from the UK to reunite with US spouse. 

In light of the recent bombshell that trump dropped via tweet regarding suspending immigration, an i wise to try and get to the states immediately as the current travel ban does not apply to green card holders and spouses of US citizens? 

Also, what’s the likelihood of this exec order being passed? 

Thanks all,

B

43 minutes ago, Bjh said:

Wife came here on a k1 visa, just submitted AOS a second time (1st time was rejected due to outdated form), might get rejected AGAIN due to leaving some parts blank on the I-944, not giving evidence of equivalency of foreign high school,  etc...

How would this affect us?

We’re in same boat as you and are resubmitting tomorrow after checking the forms were actually correct edition.. so. who knows 🤷‍♀️

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Stopping immigration isn’t going to undo the economic damage caused by the country being shutdown and it’s not going to protect jobs in the US. 
The visa progress is long and hard enough as it is, emotionally and mentally as well. This isn’t going to ease the problems there!

Some clarification is needed on this matter and I hope all immigration lawyers sue to protect people like us trying to be with our loved ones. 

Will it stop spousal visas? 

So, this is terrible news, my wife already received her IV visa and our flight was recently cancelled to the U.S. on April 1...I am 71 years old and have underlying health conditions and need to see my family doctor for treatment where I have Medicare coverage.. I am a US citizen, born and raised in New York. My daughter is my co-sponsor for my wife and now I can't get back to get treatment and I will be stuck in Thailand under the "executive order" by President Trump...It already has cost me a lot emotionally and financially and have already paid my fees including for my wife's green card!!…

Many of you are also in a difficult situation!! I hope that this order will be challenged by congress and should be suspended till the Supreme Court can rule on this.. It is definitely unconstitutional and should be delayed till the Supreme Court votes on this political agenda...Good Luck to all and stay healthy

2 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

Not really and I said this sort of policy will be applied in most countries

Yes I believe it's been working wonders in North Korea.

Me and my husband are stuck in Germany and have L1 visas that are valid until Dec 2022 and we live in Chicago since 3 years but got stuck in Europe. Do you know if this also affects visas that are already issued or just new visas that will be suspended. Please help

10 minutes ago, Barry Lipschitz said:

So, this is terrible news, my wife already received her IV visa and our flight was recently cancelled to the U.S. on April 1...I am 71 years old and have underlying health conditions and need to see my family doctor for treatment where I have Medicare coverage.. I am a US citizen, born and raised in New York. My daughter is my co-sponsor for my wife and now I can't get back to get treatment and I will be stuck in Thailand under the "executive order" by President Trump...It already has cost me a lot emotionally and financially and have already paid my fees including for my wife's green card!!…

Many of you are also in a difficult situation!! I hope that this order will be challenged by congress and should be suspended till the Supreme Court can rule on this.. It is definitely unconstitutional and should be delayed till the Supreme Court votes on this political agenda...Good Luck to all and stay healthy

but if you are an American citizen you should be able to fly back home right?

Me and my husband are stuck in Germany and have L1 visas that are valid until Dec 2022 and we live in Chicago since 3 years but got stuck in Europe. Do you know if this also affects visas that are already issued or just new visas that will be suspended. Please help

1 minute ago, talia0506 said:

I highly doubt it would affect any issued visas. That would be very messy and difficult to implement. 

1 minute ago, Xyrstine said:

I agree with it being a ploy to rally up his supporters for the upcoming election. 

Poor timing, we are still months away, so any rallying cry he makes now will be lost in the next news cycle.  If he wanted to make a bold move to save his election chances, October would have made more sense.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Just now, givionte said:

Poor timing, we are still months away, so any rallying cry he makes now will be lost in the next news cycle.  If he wanted to make a bold move to save his election chances, October would have made more sense.

Don't want to get political but he's shirked responsibility in his response to the pandemic and only using big moves like this to gain momentum and support. It's perfect timing now to deflect some criticism to his current handling of the situation and battle with the Democrats. 

A true leader would put the focus on the public's health and using the economy as a back drop. His default agenda has always been Americans GREAT and immigrants/foreigners BAD. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.