chiggins82

My husband is cheating me

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just found out that for the past 3 years, my husband has been chasing on me with another person, long distance and outside the US. 

I'm not looking for advice around immigration, but I had nowhere to turn for advice. I'm totally alone here and I'm scared to call my family because I don't know what to do.

I just uncovered this this morning. I don't know everything, but there are email exchanges going back 3 years. Love letters, he sent her gifts, he spends the day on Skype with her when I'm out of town. He emailed everyday how much he loves her. Sounds a while lot like how we emailed when we were dating.

I have nowhere to go right now and I don't know what to do. He says he wants to stay with me and work it out. Where do I begin

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, chiggins82 said:

I just found out that for the past 3 years, my husband has been chasing on me with another person, long distance and outside the US. 

I'm not looking for advice around immigration, but I had nowhere to turn for advice. I'm totally alone here and I'm scared to call my family because I don't know what to do.

I just uncovered this this morning. I don't know everything, but there are email exchanges going back 3 years. Love letters, he sent her gifts, he spends the day on Skype with her when I'm out of town. He emailed everyday how much he loves her. Sounds a while lot like how we emailed when we were dating.

I have nowhere to go right now and I don't know what to do. He says he wants to stay with me and work it out. Where do I begin

You have to decide if you want to work it out or not, first. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Only you know what you want to do. No one here can make that decision for you. I could tell you what I would do, but you are not me.

I am sorry you are going through this, truly I am.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

Only you know what you want to do. No one here can make that decision for you. I could tell you what I would do, but you are not me.

I am sorry you are going through this, truly I am.

Yeah I get that. I think I'm reaching out because honestly I feel like I can't tell my friends back home and I don't have anyone in the US that I feel I can trust. 

He is begging for forgiveness and I just don't know where to start. 

This just f*cking sucks.

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, chiggins82 said:

Yeah I get that. I think I'm reaching out because honestly I feel like I can't tell my friends back home and I don't have anyone in the US that I feel I can trust. 

This just f*cking sucks.

I wish I had the answer for you. Forgiveness (for me) might be granted if it had been a one night stand kind of thing. maybe. probably not, but maybe. But an ongoing affair? No. BUT... that is just me. If you need a friend who wont pass judgement (i AM opinionated though LOL) just send me a message and we can connect. I have never been cheated on, but my husbands ex wife did (long term) so... I can sympathize with what you are going through (somewhat), as I know how it affected him. ((((hugs))))

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, chiggins82 said:

This just f*cking sucks.

Add up pros and cons... I have a feeling the cons outweigh the pros. We’re there  other red flags before this info came to light? Why wouldn’t you want to talk with family or 1 very close nonjudgmental friend? We can all tell you what we  would or wouldn’t do, but honestly no one knows what they would do until it happens to them. It takes a long time to build trust and an even longer time to build a broken trust. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
9 hours ago, chiggins82 said:

If he’s truly remorseful maybe your marriage can be salvaged.  You two need to see a professional.  
Many couples make it through things like this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If you want to talk to someone. I’m here for it. I honestly have been through something similar in the past and I’ve learned a lot. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Well, I’ve lived long enough to know family and friends in the same situation.  You probably won’t be able to forgive him.  It’s one thing to know about an affair.  If you’ve read the love letters and emails, those are emblazoned in your mind now.  And realistically you probably won’t forget them or put them out of your mind any time you’re with him.  It seems from my (unscientific) observation that it makes the difference to have seen it with your own eyes.  Especially going over a period of time.

Does the other woman know he’s married?   If she’s under the impression he’s single, I would remedy that as she has the right to know the facts to decide her own life.  If she knows, then I guess she’ll get all she deserves.

You certainly can try counseling but as stated above you will end up going through motions and splitting up anyway.  

Just first get centered with all the support you can find,  and make sure you watch out for yourself first from this point on.  Don’t do anything out of frustration or anger, just be smart.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am so sorry this is happening to you. And I am so sorry you feel you can't include anyone within your closest circle family and friends to help you out. As a mother, even if I disagree with my daughters choices and have tried to speak reason into her, I would still want to hug her and be there for her if she needs me. You must have your reasons for excluding this option.

It seems you want to keep up the front of a happy marriage until you have come to a decision. This is a lot of weight on your shoulders.

My question is: Does your relationship have a solid foundation to be rebuild on? I have seen couples being able to move on and others fail. Those who move on create a marriage 2.0 - as in starting from scratch again as if you start dating another person with clean slate /blank canvas approach. But do you actually love your husband? In order to make this work, you will have to go through a lot of emotional work. Are you willing to do it?

I am sending you a hug and tons of energy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.