Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

We got the notification yesterday that our interview has been scheduled. Just waiting on the letter with the appointment date now. 
Hopefully this means other December 2019 filers will be getting good news soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

so sorry I haven't posted for a while. 

My appointment was set on Oct.28th, according to Case Tracker, and got the notification in the mail on Nov. 2nd. My appointment is tomorrow, Dec. 17th... 

So I'm going through my papers as we speak (write?).

Congrats to those who got your interviews already... things are moving... don't loose hope for those still waiting!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 12/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, Ammer said:

Hello everyone!

We filed for the AOS back in December of 2019. I see a lot of December 2019 and even early 2020 filers have already received their interviews and have even received their green cards. I was wondering if anyone in California filed around the same time as us and received their interview already. We live in the Orange County area so I think the field office would be in Santa Ana.

Thank you!

On 12/5/2020 at 1:13 AM, IMBG said:

Same situation. Ready to be scheduled for interview since March. Filed December as well. San Fernando Valley Field office. Still waiting. Hopefully it gets scheduled soon. 

I am in the same boat. San Fernando Field Office. I called USCIS and they told me that processing times for that Office are up to 2 years, so I can only wait. I don=t really know if there's much movement even

Congrats @beaubeast on your interview. Hope it went well today. Be sure to check in and let us know how it went & give us some pointers. :)

Edited by Juls801
Replied to wrong post

Timeline
12 hours ago, Juls801 said:

Congrats @beaubeast on your interview. Hope it went well today. Be sure to check in and let us know how it went & give us some pointers. :)

Thank youuuuu, @Juls801.  It got approved. yayy.   It went pretty smooth. Bring your papers well organized, if you have prior passports bring them all. I did just to be on the safe side because the checklist I was using didn't request it, and the official who interviewed us asked for them. Be sure to have all your papers well organized so if they ask for something, you have it at hand. She basically asked how we met, when was the first time we met in person, she aske how was our wedding, if big or small.  And then they did the whole are you a terrorist, hooker, etc... we had a LOT OF DOCUMENTATION that I sent when I sent my AOS request, so I think that helped. At the end she requested the extra documentation of ongoing relationship we brought, handed it to her, she filed it (maaann was it a big file!) and then she told us she was going to recommend it got approved. she reminded us of lifting the conditions in two years, and that I could apply for citizenship afterwards.

the longest part was the wait ... we got to the office at 12ish and we didn't get interview until 1:45ish even though our appointment was at 12:45. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a concern for the interview, you know how the checklist says to bring a report of Medical Examination? So I just want to make sure that because we filed the I-485 within a year of the medical examination I had done back home, that means I don't need to do a new medical exam right?

If anyone would like to share what they're preparing for their interview and help ease some anxiety, I'd appreciate it a lot 😁

21 minutes ago, jd. said:

I have a concern for the interview, you know how the checklist says to bring a report of Medical Examination? So I just want to make sure that because we filed the I-485 within a year of the medical examination I had done back home, that means I don't need to do a new medical exam right?

If anyone would like to share what they're preparing for their interview and help ease some anxiety, I'd appreciate it a lot 😁

I-693 is valid for 2 years from the day doctor has signed the documents. good luck. you only need medical if you did not submit your i-693 with your AOS 

duh

Timeline
35 minutes ago, jd. said:

Hi JD, 

I brought the copies they gave me, but it's not necessary and they didn't ask for them either.  =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, jd. said:

It's a generic letter for everybody so you have to pick what fits for you from it. Since we are in the AOS from K1 section I assume that's what you're doing so you have nothing to worry about 😊 

7 hours ago, Comanutd33 said:

Hi!! Our interview was scheduled and I’m SO EXCITED. on that note what should I do to prepare? Thank you

get your documents ready for interview, what they ask for is all you really need !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.