Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Meg101 said:

Yep! Paid $450 already in England for the first one and gotta pay again on the 11th for the new one. 😔 but it will be worth it to just get it done! I'm so ready for this to be over with!!🙂

I understand. I would fee the same way. 

Hello everyone. Just had a question about the interview notice - How long does it take to get the Interview notice in mail after the status changes to Interview was scheduled on USCIS?

AOS  (I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-693, I-485, I-765) from H1B, based on Marriage to a USC:

12/11/2019 - Package mailed via USPS

12/12/2019 - Package delivered

12/23/2019 - USCIS cashed the checks. Received text notifications from USCIS with case numbers (12/12 - Case was received, 12/19/2019 - Fingerprint fee was received)

12/27/2019 - Received the 4 NOAs in the mail

12/30/2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 1/10/2020

12/31/2019 - Biometrics Walk-In at Dallas, TX.  I-485, I-765 : Cases were updated to show that the Fingerprints were taken

01/09/2020 - EAD/AP expedite made (refer to my timeline for more details on this)

02/06/2020 - EAD/AP Approved

02/12/2020 - Received the Combo Card

02/14/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

I-485 - Interview Scheduled at wrong state:

10/27/2020 - Received a text saying that an action was taken on my case

10/30/2020 - Received an email saying that an interview was scheduled - Case status : Testing and interview

10/30/2020 - Case status changed to 'Interview was scheduled'

11/04/2020 - Received the Interview appointment letter - scheduled in old state North Carolina for December 3rd

11/05/2020 - Called USCIS and requested to talk to Tier 2 officer - opened an SR

11/06/2020 - Received an email that the request was closed as they couldn't contact me - but they didn't

11/09/2020 - Opened another SR to talk to a Tier 2 officer

11/16/2020 - Tier 2 officer called and said that we need to interview at our home state, but I could take a chance and go to North Carolina.  So I requested to reschedule interview at Dallas, TX.

11/16/2020 - Received an email with a Referral ID and that my request was submitted to NBC

11/17/2020 - Received an email - my request to reschedule interview has been forwarded to a scheduling department

11/17/2020 - Received an email with my Case status: Testing and Interview and now it has the status - 'Request to reschedule my appointment was received'

12/31/2020 - We cancelled your interview

12/31/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

01/12/2021 - Interview was scheduled (received an email as well)

EAD/AP renewal:

11/10/2020 - Shipped EAD/AP renewal documents via USPS

11/12/2020 - USCIS received the documents

11/18/2020 - Received 2 texts with the Receipt numbers for I-765 and I-131, Case Status was - 'Case was Received and a receipt notice was emailed' for both the cases. Received no emails though

12/01/2020 - Received the 2 NOAs in mail
01/06/2021 - We are producing your new card

01/08/2021 - We produced your new card - Card was picked up by the USPS

01/13/2021 - Combo Card was delivered to me

Timeline
2 hours ago, PP31 said:

Hello everyone. Just had a question about the interview notice - How long does it take to get the Interview notice in mail after the status changes to Interview was scheduled on USCIS?

It took about a week for us to receive the actual letter with the interview date and time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Phil&Marina said:

Hi All! 

We had our interview today (Des Moines field office, Iowa). 

It took 15-20 minutes. 

The officer was very nice and friendly. 

She looked through all of the documents we had prepared. We had everything in the exact order it was listed on the invitation.

She asked the questions from the application plus the standard "your name, his name, your DOB, his DOB, your place of birth, his place of birth). 

The last question was if my hair was naturally curly  (my hair is extremely curly). She asked that question right after the one about whether or not I was ever part of communist party. 

It took me a few second to process what she was saying, honestly, because her face was so serious when she was asking it. Then she laughed, when she saw my reaction. 

LOL

And that was it. 

My status changed to New Card Being Produced one hour after the interview on USCIS Case Tracker. Lawfully says my status changed 16 hours ago - weird. 

The officer said she had already looked through our file before the we came in today. 

She also said it was easier for K1, as everything had already been scrutinized at the visa stage. 

All the best of luck to all of you who are still waiting for the interviews! 

Congrats! My interview is in a month. Looking forward to a great outcome! 

FO: Manhattan, NYC

11/06/2019: Priority Date
12/04/2019: Bio
01/2X/2020: "Ready Schedule Interview"
02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved

Interview Date: pending

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phil&Marina said:

Hi All! 

We had our interview today (Des Moines field office, Iowa). 

It took 15-20 minutes. 

The officer was very nice and friendly. 

She looked through all of the documents we had prepared. We had everything in the exact order it was listed on the invitation.

She asked the questions from the application plus the standard "your name, his name, your DOB, his DOB, your place of birth, his place of birth). 

The last question was if my hair was naturally curly  (my hair is extremely curly). She asked that question right after the one about whether or not I was ever part of communist party. 

It took me a few second to process what she was saying, honestly, because her face was so serious when she was asking it. Then she laughed, when she saw my reaction. 

LOL

And that was it. 

My status changed to New Card Being Produced one hour after the interview on USCIS Case Tracker. Lawfully says my status changed 16 hours ago - weird. 

The officer said she had already looked through our file before the we came in today. 

She also said it was easier for K1, as everything had already been scrutinized at the visa stage. 

All the best of luck to all of you who are still waiting for the interviews! 

Wow that was a cool experience! Hoping that the rest of us will have a smooth one too 😍🙏 congratulations! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all! Has anyone seen any movement from the Newark Field Office? We've been "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview" since Feb 10 2019, 274 days. Thanks :) 

AOS Timeline: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Priority Date: 9 December 2019

Field Office: Newark, NJ

-24 days.....11/15/2019 — AOS package delivered to USCIS Lockbox
-12 days.....11/27/2019 — AOS package rejected due to incorrect fee
-06 days.....12/03/2019 — AOS package re-sent to Chicago USCIS Lockbox
00 days......12/09/2019 — AOS package accepted at Chicago USCIS Lockbox
07 days......12/16/2019 — Credit card transactions processed
08 days......12/17/2019 — I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 text messages received @midnight
11 days......12/20/2019 — I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA letters received
21 days......12/30/2019 — Biometrics Letter received
29 days......01/07/2020 — Biometrics Appointment (Elizabeth, NJ ASC)

51 days......01/29/2020 — Case Status Updated to show fingerprints were taken for I-485 + I-765
60 days......02/07/2020 — Courtesy Letter Re: I-693 Received in Mail

63 days......02/10/2020 — I-485 Case Status updated to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

85 days......03/03/2020 — I-765 status updated to “New Card is Being Produced”

86 days......03/04/2020 — I-765 & I-131 status updated to "Case was Approved"

88 days......03/06/2020 — I-765 status updates to “Card Was Mailed to Me”

120 days....04/07/2020 — I-131 status updated to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

430 days....02/11/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to “Interview Was Scheduled"

476 days....03/29/2021 — Interview at Newark Field Office

477 days....03/30/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

478 days....03/31/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "Case Was Approved"

480 days....04/02/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

Timeline
7 hours ago, AGF said:

Hi guys, we just had our interview today, got approved with just one question : how did you meet? That was it. She didn’t ask for any documents at all. A few minutes ago, I got a notification that New Card is Being Produced.. I hope everyone who’s still awaiting their interview date will have a smooth interview too!

Congrats! I so happy it went well for you guys. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Ozark said:

Congrats! I so happy it went well for you guys. 

Thank you! It was well worth the wait... we came overly prepared but the IO never asked to see anything of our documents at all. 

1 hour ago, rubyplus said:

Hi everyone, we had our interview and got approved thankfully! It lasted about 20 minutes, she went over our answers to the entire I-485 form, asked us how we met, do we want children, and any supporting proof of our marriage & relationship (we provided our marriage certificate, pictures of court wedding, joint finances etc.) In the end she said everything looks good, she just had to do further review and that if they need more info they'll let us know. That got us worried since it wasn't a 100% yes, but by the time we walked out of the office, I checked my status and it already changed to new card being produced! I guess each officer is different on how they process. Just waiting for the card in the mail which should arrive soon. Hoping everyone else gets their AOS processed soon! 

congrats 

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi!
we had our interview on 19th, and approved the same day :) 
The officer was very nice, asked for my i-693 and original wedding certificate, nothing else , and went over all the i-485 questions very quickly, asked where we met and how many peoples were at the wedding.
5 minutes later the status was updated online, waiting for the card now !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.