Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

All,

I wanted to share the templates (attached) I created as cover letters in support of submitting your application for I-485/765/131. I've used these and got first pass with no RFE.

The templates walk you through for both adult and child what documents will need to be included with your submission packet.

While I've highlighted in yellow the areas which need to be completed, it's a good idea to read through the entire letter and make sure all sections are still relevant and updated as instruction documents are also getting updated.

Feel free to share with others or on other forums.

Cover Letter - I-765_131_485 - Adult and Child.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm happy if I was able to help a few of you with the cover letters. I found it very useful and while I was preparing, there was much less information on the forum when it came to K2 (child) applicants. I hope this reduced the overall prep time for some of you....I know I spent days reading and digging and then eventually printing around 500 pages for the 3 people :)

Filed our AOS, EAD & AP today!

Honestly,  I'm kinda happy to be just filing and waiting for a bit. 😀 All the last parts of k1 were a whirlwind for us. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
46 minutes ago, VeraBradley said:

Hi everyone..

We will be filing my husband's AOS application next month. Can someone please help with the forms we will need to file and their numbers?

I-130?

I-485?

Work permit?

Travel permit?

Any other forms?

Also, where will be filing?

Thanks for all your help!

without any information of your timeline, like where you live and what visa did you arrive with, it's hard to answer some of your questions. I don't think you need I-130 if your husband came on a K1.

so you for sure should file these 3 forms together I-485(AOS) I-765(employment) and I-131 (travel) depending on which visa he came in than you can file I-130

also remember to add form I-864(affidavit of support sponsor) form

where to file...read up on this link https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Currently compiling everything, and hoping to send our packet before this week ends.. quick question guys: did you send proof of ongoing genuine relationship yet together with your AOS? Or are you guys saving that for the interview ( if applicable ).

thanks guys! Good luck to each and everyone of us 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, AGF said:

Currently compiling everything, and hoping to send our packet before this week ends.. quick question guys: did you send proof of ongoing genuine relationship yet together with your AOS? Or are you guys saving that for the interview ( if applicable ).

thanks guys! Good luck to each and everyone of us 😊

pictures and proof of living together can wait until the interview stage.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

pictures and proof of living together can wait until the interview stage.

Alright, thank you! I guess we are ready to send our packet now then.. 

image.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.