Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
2 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Congrats! :)

You may file for ROC 90 days before your green card expires. Make sure to continue to gather evidence of bona fide marriage until then. You will need to submit evidence since the date of your marriage. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-751instr.pdf

Thank youuuu.. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

After 20 months of waiting we moved from fingerprints received to interview scheduled! Yay!! We have everything together except the medical records, and I’m a little confused how that works. My husband did his exam in Kenya with the approved facility and was given a sealed envelope. However, he said they took that envelope when he arrived in the US and he was never given it back. I’m not sure if that’s how it is suppose to work, but that’s what happened. Now it is interview time in a few weeks and he needs form I-693. Anyone else have this happen? If customs has it, does that mean USCIS has it or does he have to do the exam again or what? The interview is not until Sept 22 and so we have time I guess. Also, no RFEs, it just took forever because we are in Houston I guess.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

After 20 months of waiting we moved from fingerprints received to interview scheduled! Yay!! We have everything together except the medical records, and I’m a little confused how that works. My husband did his exam in Kenya with the approved facility and was given a sealed envelope. However, he said they took that envelope when he arrived in the US and he was never given it back. I’m not sure if that’s how it is suppose to work, but that’s what happened. Now it is interview time in a few weeks and he needs form I-693. Anyone else have this happen? If customs has it, does that mean USCIS has it or does he have to do the exam again or what? The interview is not until Sept 22 and so we have time I guess. Also, no RFEs, it just took forever because we are in Houston I guess.

No new medical is needed for interview if you FILED for AOS within 1 year of the date of the medical. Giving the sealed envelope to CPB is correct and they send it to the USCIS to add to the immigrant's file.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

No new medical is needed for interview if you FILED for AOS within 1 year of the date of the medical. Giving the sealed envelope to CPB is correct and they send it to the USCIS to add to the immigrant's file.

Awesome to hear. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey I applied for my wife november/december 2019, and I filed for her us citizenship January of 2021. 

USCIS just says its taking longer then expected. 

We are pushing up on the 18 month time period, its 18 months past her green card expiration mid-october.

What happens next? 

What happens to her status if the government does not resolve it by Mid-October, there are all sorts of problems not having a current green card. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 3:26 PM, Stubmeister said:

Wow has it been over a year since I last posted and updated???? So back in January 8, 2021, my wife and children received their I-797C's notifying them their AOS interview was scheduled for Feb. 11, 2021. I panicked because my wife has been hospitalized for almost a year now and there was no way she is ambulatory! I contacted the local congressman and his office told me to reschedule the interview. The USCIS number that I called, (listed on the I-797C) would not allow me to make changes. I can't visit my wife due to the COVID-19 lockdown. I sent her a photo of the message and she changed her interview date for her and the daughter, (they were all given the same day and time for AOS interview). That left me driving the son down to Philadelphia for the interview. However, the night before, my wife tells me to bring the daughter with the prospects that they may be able to interview her also. We got down to the USCIS office in Phila. the investigator asks me about my wife's condition then steps out for a moment. She talks to my son for a few moments and then asks the daughter a few simple questions: Where do you go to school?, Do you like it?, etc. At the conclusion the investigator tells me that my wife qualifies for a medical waiver and does not need to attend the interview! All 3 were granted their AOS. The person said that the green cards should arrive within 2-4 weeks! I couldn't of asked for anything better! I do have to put a shout-out for the people there at the USCIS, the security, the staff, all of them. They were very pleasant in dealing not only with us but with others! I never would have expected that kind of treatment! They were first rate and I thanked everyone of them! Next stop, lifting the conditions!

Loved to read that USCIS is indeed possessing Heart and Soul in a situation like yours -I hope you wife if fairing well - congratulations to your all.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

hey people, just in case, make sure you double check the filing address for USCIS if you are removing conditions!

https://www.uscis.gov/i-751-direct-filing-addresses

• 10 months later...
Timeline

Hello, How are you all doing with the "REMOVING CONDITIONS" part?  We presented our papers to lift conditions in December 2022, we got an extension letter on March, 2023.  After that it just stayed there. Any body actually got the new green card?

6 hours ago, beaubeast said:

Hello, How are you all doing with the "REMOVING CONDITIONS" part?  We presented our papers to lift conditions in December 2022, we got an extension letter on March, 2023.  After that it just stayed there. Any body actually got the new green card?

You should visit the ROC forum as this is AOS forum.

December 2022 filers thread here:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.