TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, David & Olga said:

The processing centers get judged by performance on how quick, and how many cases they approve per quarter. By filing a I-129F jointly with a I-130, they have an opportunity to swiftly approve two applications/petitions when they're grouping the files together. So, instead of grouping them, discarding them for later, and then reviewing them, i think someone made the administrative decision to review them at the instance when they're grouped to be more efficient. So, the reason why they havent caught on is because it is actually benefiting them, and not doing them any harm whatsoever. Seems like they're saving themselves from having to do double-work - which is a win-win for everyone involved, especially the beneficiaries. 

This is just my theory - there's no factual reference to this, just thinking logically here. 

Wow. That actually makes complete sense.

I wonder if its the same at other service centres + people who just filed and were assigned to Nebraska doing the same thing would get a quicker processing time too?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, canadavisa22 said:

If we want to minimize even more the minuscule chance of getting the K-3, would it make sense to have some things wrong/missing in the I-129F to ensure denial? I'm just thinking there's not point in trying to fill it all in perfectly to avoid an RFE when we want it denied anyways.

For all we know they don't even read through it. They just cross-check it to see if I-130 has also been submitted then deny right away.  

I remember someone wrote that if the I-129F is approved, you don't actually have to apply for the K3, you can pass and wait for the I-130 to be approved and apply for the IR1/CR1 then. I have not verified this information though.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

I wonder if its the same at other service centres + people who just filed and were assigned to Nebraska doing the same thing would get a quicker processing time too?

I saw someone did it at Texas SC and it seems to have worked too but it's harder to say because it cut off only a month of the regular processing time.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

That is a really good question...I have not lurked in the other threads about people attempting to do this - but i have heard through the grapevine that only Nebraska is doing this. Everything balances out though - because you are considered lucky if you don't get Nebraska (since they're snail-pace), and you do because of their processing behavior. You get Potomac and you don't even need to worry about filing for the I-129F. So there's a balance to all this chaos, believe it or not. 

10 hours ago, lngtimecoming said:

We got our approval today!! I am here in the states visiting my husband as our 1st wedding anniversary was on Saturday. We were really hoping it would come while I was here...so excited after such a looong wait! 

PD 08/24/18

APPROVED 08/22/19

Yay, congratulations, NOA 2 buddy! Smooth sailing to you with the rest of the process!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, jademcculloch said:

have you seen many approvals this week? I've been quite busy, but on my spare time I try to look and I haven't seen much

Case Tracker‘s (mostly) working for me again, so I just checked some numbers — the higher ones didn’t show any movement, but the -609000 +500 search showed some movement from the 21st and 22nd — 7 approvals on the 22nd, 5 on the 21st, and 2 RFEs on the 22nd. (In theory, those should all be Aug 31st and up cases, but they haven’t always been in order and case tracker doesn’t show me the case history anymore, only latest actions...)

"One day, the plane ticket will be one way."

• Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany
  • Wedding: 07/13/2018
  • I-130 NOA1: 09/14/2018
  • I-130 approval date according to online update: 09/05/2019
  • I-130 NOA2 received in the mail: 09/09/2019
  • I-130 approval as per NOA2: 09/04/2019
  • Sent to DOS: 09/13/2019
  • NVC Case Number received: 10/15/2019
  • Documents Submitted to NVC: 12/25/2019
  • DQ: 02/26/2020
  • IL: 03/11/2020
  • Medical: 03/19/2020
  • ID: 04/07/2020 <- cancelled by Corona
  • ID: 05/27/2020 —> approved 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
42 minutes ago, CaroY said:

Nebraska has been busy lately!  We’ve been approved!!!!  I just got off the phone with the woman at the service number who was VERY sweet and helpful.  No notice has arrived yet, but we’re in Turkey, so...

I-130 PD - 2/13/2019

I-129F PD - 7/29/2019

I-129F Denial - 8/22/2019

I-130 Approval - 8/22/2019

Add it to the I-129f Success pile!! 

Wow.. your I129f pd is only 2 days before mine and your I130 is 1 day before mine.. hope I hear soon too then🤞🏻

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

5 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Did you have to call them and ask if they received it...

Now ya got to wait for the ds260. More waiting.. man. Yeah ridiculous

Yes, multiple times. Always just wait longer for the answer.

Hopefully the DS-260 is fast or the congressman helps. Fortunately she is in Singapore and that embassy seems to be SUPER fast. 

5 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Our senator's office called Nebraska yesterday. They said our paperwork has now been assigned. Our date was August 7, 2018. Anybody have any idea how long it takes from Nebraska to finished at NVC?

We are at 2 months today and not finished...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

We are at 2 months today and not finished...

How to contact senator of State I live. I found his Email can I send Email to him? 

Edited by Kurdish

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
59 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Wow.. your I129f pd is only 2 days before mine and your I130 is 1 day before mine.. hope I hear soon too then🤞🏻

Give them a call!  It was only a 15 minute wait when I called earlier and she was remarkably pleasant :) Fingers crossed for you!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys, I'm feeling really uninformed because it was only yesterday that I heard this information thanks to a colleague from VJ. Since yesterday, I've prepared the form and the docs to send but I'm not sure which address to send to. Sorry for the really silly question, but I wouldn't want to do anything wrong at this point. Could someone please let me know? 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

49 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Hello guys, I'm feeling really uninformed because it was only yesterday that I heard this information thanks to a colleague from VJ. Since yesterday, I've prepared the form and the docs to send but I'm not sure which address to send to. Sorry for the really silly question, but I wouldn't want to do anything wrong at this point. Could someone please let me know? 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Hit "where to file" and the addresses come up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.