TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If anyone has a I-129F pending, please message me your received dates so i can keep tabs on these applications. Also, please send me a message (here or directly) with your I-130 PDs. Thanks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

For the I-129F passport photos, do you need to have the date stamped on the back?

I don’t think so, I didn’t at least

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

I wonder why they have the requirement that it be done in the last 30 days if there's no proof of date.

Thanks.

Similar to the passport pictures that you need to file with the I-130, these passport pictures are just an old formality - they're not going to do anything with them (according to my Lawyer). 

1 minute ago, David & Olga said:

Similar to the passport pictures that you need to file with the I-130, these passport pictures are just an old formality - they're not going to do anything with them (according to my Lawyer). 

I just had them done at a place where they did the big stamp with a place for "guarantor's signature". It doesn't leave much room to write my name but there's space I suppose.

Think USCIS won't be picky about the stamp on the back having something like "guarantor's signature" on it?

2 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Oh ok.. on nvc site, they're working on cases that were received through July 26th.. so it was up for yours to get a case number.

But it'll be good if his request is through.

I tried calling to see if they receive mines... But the darn waiting time is 45 minutes and then it just cuts the phone.. says call back later.

Yeah, it was approved June 23rd and not received until July 26th and didn't hear anything until Aug 19 or 20th I think. This whole process has been ridiculous! No reason in hell that a husband and wife have to be apart for 16-18 month simply due to the USCIS office they were doomed too when others with same countries and file date that were blessed to go to Potomac have already been approved and starting life together around 6months from the file date. That is INSANELY unfair and I'll continue to raise hell with everyone that needs to hear this even after she's here. 

The waits are another ridiculous problem... It's a nightmare for anyone that works to deal with that nonsense. I'm sure anyone overseas as well...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

Yeah, it was approved June 23rd and not received until July 26th and didn't hear anything until Aug 19 or 20th I think. This whole process has been ridiculous! No reason in hell that a husband and wife have to be apart for 16-18 month simply due to the USCIS office they were doomed too when others with same countries and file date that were blessed to go to Potomac have already been approved and starting life together around 6months from the file date. That is INSANELY unfair and I'll continue to raise hell with everyone that needs to hear this even after she's here. 

The waits are another ridiculous problem... It's a nightmare for anyone that works to deal with that nonsense. I'm sure anyone overseas as well...

Yes it's redicoulous proccesing time. I really don't understand how they work on cases. Totally not fair. Some people applied I-129 and then get approve for I-130 even them cases Been proccesing for less than 8 months. I want understand what's the reason NSC do that. I finish 11 months still waiting. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

You should be any day now of next week. They seem to be approving around one year or a couple days before or after! 

Congrats!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, jademcculloch said:

you have the right to submit an outside of processing time request, google "USCIS processing times" and do it soon before they increase the processing time and you have no right to submit a request anymore, that is way too long to wait for an approval

I already did that last week, I’m still waiting for a response. I barely just called uscis and I was told I’m within the processing time at 448days. That’s crazy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, elena333 said:

Dear Nebraska buddies,

I want to share a great news of being approved today for the I-130!!!!! So excited that I cannot even believe it actually happened!
SO MUCH WAITING, it is unbelievable. I think we Nebraska filers know now what real patience is and how high we can jump from joy after this torturous process. I have never waited for anything that long. Checking compulsively the status became like a part-time job/hobby/addiction 🙄

I haven't posted much. But I so so so so so so so appreciate all the support that you, dear humans, have offered with sharing helpful information, cheering on each other, sharing about the similar struggles! This was a warm place to be, so even though (I'll be honest here) I would rather been in Potomac Service Center with a greencard in my hand, I loved being with all of you - this is especially heartfelt group. I wish the rest of the folks patience and hope as you are going through this rediculousness of waiting for Nebraska to wake up and smell the roses. It does eventually happen, apparently, even when it feels like there will be no end. There is an end - at least to the NOA2... From the bottom of the heart good luck to you all and may Nebraska odds be in your favor!

NOA 1 - 08/28/2018 (although myuscis listed it as 08/30/2018)

NOA 2 - 08/22/2019

I actually got an email from USCIS. Myuscis is not updated and Egov.uscis shows the new date.

Elena

hey, congrats! I hope everything else goes well for you, it must feel good to have a case approved 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Yomiiii said:

I already did that last week, I’m still waiting for a response. I barely just called uscis and I was told I’m within the processing time at 448days. That’s crazy

OMG that's ridiculous, even their own website says you're not, if you go there today, it says june 2nd

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Andy & Val said:

I think your wait has been longer than normally expected.

You need to contact USCIS for updates on your case

I would do that right away if I were you.

2 hours ago, Andy & Val said:

I think your wait has been longer than normally expected.

You need to contact USCIS for updates on your case

I would do that right away if I were you.

I already put in a case of inquiry last week. And I barely called uscis and I was told I’m within the processing time. That’s ridiculous, been waiting almost 450days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.