TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Hit "where to file" and the addresses come up. 

Thank you! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, booga-boo said:

Processing times jumped backwards to May 23, 2018, basically saying it takes 12-15.5 months to process applications.

Yeah 12 months is right! It seems to be getting worse..

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
14 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Yeah 12 months is right! It seems to be getting worse..

I think getting worse. I have to apply for I-129 maybe my case get approve. My PD 09 /26 /2018 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Alforte05 said:

Hi all,

this morning i called uscis and waited for about 20 min to talk to someone. I was so nervous to hear about my case status being denied  which would be heartbreaking as well as same status as case received. Well to my surprise i was approved just yesterday august 22 at 1:22pm. Status online still reads "case received" but he said it would take time for it to update in the system. 

My husband and i are are so relieved and kids are so excited to be with there dad again. 

PD august 28th 2018

husband from philippines but going to do the interview in china where he currently works. 

no i-129 filed

approved august 22, 2019

i will pray for everyone else approvals soon. Hold on all, i know it hard to wait, it will happen, you will get approved.

Congrats 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Tried to call to see if there was any update on my I-129f or I-130 but the rep was very vague and just kept giving me processing times, so I guess that means nothing yet, trying again Monday 🤞🏻

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

I can't believe they pushed back the processing times again! I am considering applying for the K3, I just don't wanna be one of those people who will have to wait 15.5 months for an answer, and who know when will they push back the processing time again, it could take even more than that

Why does everyone keep getting wrapped around the USCIS processing times.? Why does everyone get upset when the the dates keep getting pushed back. Can't you see those dates and times are wrong. USCIS has been claiming for the last 4-5 months they are still working on May 2018 cases. All of that is bull #######. If you see people from diffrent facebook groups and on Visa Journey getting approved with PD of August 2018, stop waiting your time getting mad. USCIS is not on May 2018. That is real fake news.

My PD is January 2019. I stop getting made 4 months ago because I know all of those processing times are lies. 15 months I do not believe. I think only in the worse cases or hard cases maybe yes. From what i am seeing I think 12 months for most cases as a maximum. My advice is to don't worry about the processing times.

Focus more on preparing your wife or husband on the transition to the USA. Start preparing them mentally leaving their home country and family, keep them engage in their country if they need to learn English help them, research job opportunities in the USA for them,  if they are not working in their home country encourage them to learn a trade or find a job to gain experience so that when they come to the USA they can find a good or decent job. Give them much information about the city you live in and educate them on our culture, government, news stories, and all the good things about your city. Develop a plan together. The focus should be preparing our families for this new life. It is not going to be easy to bring a new person to our land and expect them to adjust quickly, that why if you are not doing it maybe you should. We are asking our wife or husband to trust us to leave all their family behind and join us so it is our job to make the transition easy for them and stop worying about other people getting approve before us or the USCIS changing times.. That is why I am doing all these thing with and for my wife and including her in every decision I make in the USA.

I see in many groups many new families divorced or have many problems all because they failed to prepare their foreign wife or husband for this new transition. So I say all of this to say let go and let God control USCIS and let God take the wheel in your case. If you feel like filing the I-129 do it. I did 1 week ago. So I wish everyone all the luck and God bless.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mr. Bama said:

Why does everyone keep getting wrapped around the USCIS processing times.? Why does everyone get upset when the the dates keep getting pushed back. Can't you see those dates and times are wrong. USCIS has been claiming for the last 4-5 months they are still working on May 2018 cases. All of that is bull #######. If you see people from diffrent facebook groups and on Visa Journey getting approved with PD of August 2018, stop waiting your time getting mad. USCIS is not on May 2018. That is real fake news.

My PD is January 2019. I stop getting made 4 months ago because I know all of those processing times are lies. 15 months I do not believe. I think only in the worse cases or hard cases maybe yes. From what i am seeing I think 12 months for most cases as a maximum. My advice is to don't worry about the processing times.

Focus more on preparing your wife or husband on the transition to the USA. Start preparing them mentally leaving their home country and family, keep them engage in their country if they need to learn English help them, research job opportunities in the USA for them,  if they are not working in their home country encourage them to learn a trade or find a job to gain experience so that when they come to the USA they can find a good or decent job. Give them much information about the city you live in and educate them on our culture, government, news stories, and all the good things about your city. Develop a plan together. The focus should be preparing our families for this new life. It is not going to be easy to bring a new person to our land and expect them to adjust quickly, that why if you are not doing it maybe you should. We are asking our wife or husband to trust us to leave all their family behind and join us so it is our job to make the transition easy for them and stop worying about other people getting approve before us or the USCIS changing times.. That is why I am doing all these thing with and for my wife and including her in every decision I make in the USA.

I see in many groups many new families divorced or have many problems all because they failed to prepare their foreign wife or husband for this new transition. So I say all of this to say let go and let God control USCIS and let God take the wheel in your case. If you feel like filing the I-129 do it. I did 1 week ago. So I wish everyone all the luck and God bless.

I agree with a lot of this. I’ve been living in my husband’s country for 8.5 years. It is not easy to live in another culture and language, and being in a mixed culture marriage takes a lot of work and understanding. When we were long distance before I moved, of course everything was more romantic and, to be honest, easier. I don’t want to make this a post about marriage, when this is a place to talk about visas, but I’ve seen many of these marriages fail spectacularly because of cultural issues.  Doing preparation work, like you suggest, is a really good idea. 

Now that the shoe will be on the other foot, in our case, that’s where I focus my time, too. Looking at job boards, social activities my husband would like, etc.  I know what it’s going to be for him to move, and I’m trying to soften it as much as I can. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, jademcculloch said:

I can't believe they pushed back the processing times again! I am considering applying for the K3, I just don't wanna be one of those people who will have to wait 15.5 months for an answer, and who know when will they push back the processing time again, it could take even more than that

Me too I really tired of this. I just apply I-129f. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

Me too I really tired of this. I just apply I-129f. 

I talked to my husband and if we don't hear anything up to the end of next week, we're applying as well

Timeline
Just now, jademcculloch said:

I talked to my husband and if we don't hear anything up to the end of next week, we're applying as well

I really don't understand how NSC working on cases.how some people get approve just because they applied for I-129 doesn't make sense. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

I really don't understand how NSC working on cases.how some people get approve just because they applied for I-129 doesn't make sense. 

Because the whole problem is the backlog and just getting a human to lay eyes upon your file. At this point, there are far fewer I-129f’s, so whatever process they have seems to get to those more quickly than the I-130’s. 

48 minutes ago, CaroY said:

I agree with a lot of this. I’ve been living in my husband’s country for 8.5 years. It is not easy to live in another culture and language, and being in a mixed culture marriage takes a lot of work and understanding. When we were long distance before I moved, of course everything was more romantic and, to be honest, easier. I don’t want to make this a post about marriage, when this is a place to talk about visas, but I’ve seen many of these marriages fail spectacularly because of cultural issues.  Doing preparation work, like you suggest, is a really good idea. 

Now that the shoe will be on the other foot, in our case, that’s where I focus my time, too. Looking at job boards, social activities my husband would like, etc.  I know what it’s going to be for him to move, and I’m trying to soften it as much as I can. 

That is good you are doing this. i am glad to see someone agree. I feel my job as a man is to make the transition and the first year stress free and easy on my wife. I want her to be good. Many people get on here and complain instead of taking action and letting it go. I wrote my Senator4 months ago and really did not get any results, but at least I did something. My 2nd option was to file the i-129 in which I did. All the other stuff in between I do not worry about. I live my life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.