2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Do you know where to go now for additional answers on the next steps? Hint look up 2 posts and you will have the answer.

@Greenbaum @Shiran updated my timeline and I’ve bookmarked the post above, I’m gonna dig into this tomorrow morning and get prepped for the next step! 

Thanks again!! 😀

30 minutes ago, carmzzzt said:

Whoever has the pile for NOA1 Aug22 is seriously a lazy bum haha. Work on it alreadyyyyyyyyy

Haha my guess is we're in the middle or end of one of the piles (I have Aug 22 on the old site, which seems to be where most people are getting updated, if at all). It's a lot harder to wait while knowing that people near your timeline are being accepted, than it is when everyone is equally uncertain about time frame. Now we have a close benchmark, so it feels like we SHOULD have it even if it's not quite time yet. 😰For all I know they could be going by my new site date (Aug 27) and haven't even added mine to the pile yet..

On 1/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, JMEngland said:

Well, I had seen some RFEs due to the question 55, so I decided to check mine. Turns out there's not only a chance that I didn't check that box (still a chance I may have did that by hand as well as all the "n/a" sections) , but I definitely forgot to fill out the section 54, "circumstances of our in person meeting". I checked the box yes for question 53, but then didn't provide the details. Now I'm terrified 😭😭😭  We wrote a letter outlining our meeting and relationship in detail and both wet signed it, so I'm really hoping that helps get it through. I can't believe I forgot to write something in that box 😭😭😭😭😭

Good luck to you! The good news is it's an easy problem to fix. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for missing 1 box on my 40 page packet 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
34 minutes ago, MeeklyGee said:

After looking at so many August petitioners receive approval of their petition, I went to check my status! To my surprise we also received approval on January 10th!!!!! Our petition date was August 20th!!!! Congrats everyone!

Congrats! Where did you see your status change? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IanD91 said:

Congrats! Where did you see your status change? 

I checked their website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do using my case number provided on the USCIS acceptance letter.

I also received my letter in the mail yesterday.

Edited by MeeklyGee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, MeeklyGee said:

After looking at so many August petitioners receive approval of their petition, I went to check my status! To my surprise we also received approval on January 10th!!!!! Our petition date was August 20th!!!! Congrats everyone!

Hooray!  Congrats.  Very happy for you 🤣.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
19 hours ago, BirdSong said:

Approved on the old site today!

NOA1- AUG 23

NOA2- January 14

Can anyone tell me what are the next steps on my end? Do I fill out the affidavit of support? What documents would I need?

Hi, here is a starting point for you: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

NVC RECEIPT

I've been checking here on VJ timelines and I'm seeing a few folks who received their NOA2 around December 27-28th and they show that NVC received their visa apps on January 10th. 

Our NOA2 was Jan 2nd. So, I called yesterday but they had not yet received it and gave me the 6 week schpeel. 

Anyone here in the August group received NOA2 and had their visa app received by NVC yet? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I get a mini heart attack every time I check the 2 USCIS sites (old and new). I keep saying to myself one of these days - it will NOT say Case Received anymore! Waaaahhhh

4 minutes ago, BB&SVW said:

I get a mini heart attack every time I check the 2 USCIS sites (old and new). I keep saying to myself one of these days - it will NOT say Case Received anymore! Waaaahhhh

Let me give you mouth to ear restitution. If you refrain from looking every hour of every day then your heart attacks will be infrequent. Just my experience.

With that extra time you could be checking your official documents for accuracy. The PSA in the Philippines is notorious for misspellings and missing information on birth certificates. You should look over your BC to make sure everything is correct as well as your passport. Now is the time to get that corrected. You might want to get a copy of your NBI to see if there are any problems with it. Again, now is a better time to get it corrected if you find something wrong. Be sure to use all your AKA's when they do the search. Make sure your passport doesn't expire any time before a year from now as this is a long process and you could be running around getting a new one at the last minute. So get it renewed if it is expiring in 2019.

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.