2,700 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Pregnancy brain is making me overthink why I got my RFE. Wondering if it's because I didnt have enough evidence of meeting? I just sent 15 photos and labeled and dated on back with Facebook posts of events with likes and comments. Didn't include stamps or fights since we live 30 min away from each other and cross multiple times a week. Worse case is I provide evidence but not sure how. Boarder crossings? I don't keep receipts. Engagement ring receipt? I'm pregnant so does that count as evidence? Lol. FML. 

I know it's hard but you really gotta find out what the RFE is for before you bring out the laundry list of possibilites—might turn out to be something completely unrelated to your worries and easy to correct. Whoever processed our case before we got our NOA1 completely missed our cheque and that was the only reason they sent it back, but I was stuck worrying the whole time that it had gotten lost in the mail again 😓

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Pregnancy brain is making me overthink why I got my RFE. Wondering if it's because I didnt have enough evidence of meeting? I just sent 15 photos and labeled and dated on back with Facebook posts of events with likes and comments. Didn't include stamps or fights since we live 30 min away from each other and cross multiple times a week. Worse case is I provide evidence but not sure how. Boarder crossings? I don't keep receipts. Engagement ring receipt? I'm pregnant so does that count as evidence? Lol. FML. 

Close your eyes for a moment and take a deep breath for a minute. It is almost never something "big" that people assume but usually a small missing thing, e.g. unchecked checkbox somewhere, or missing letter of intent. I've sent fewer photos than that. You can try calling them and asking for Tier 2 who might be willing to read your RFE. This was done in this thread. They DO want evidence of meeting within last 2 years though. Look at the positive, they are looking at your case, so once you resolve this you should be on your way to approval!

17 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

I know it's hard but you really gotta find out what the RFE is for before you bring out the laundry list of possibilites—might turn out to be something completely unrelated to your worries and easy to correct. Whoever processed our case before we got our NOA1 completely missed our cheque and that was the only reason they sent it back, but I was stuck worrying the whole time that it had gotten lost in the mail again 😓

How did you find that out? You called

13 minutes ago, Gc0988 said:

How did you find that out? You called

Well, we didn't 100% get affirmative proof that that is what happened, but based on the circumstantial evidence, it seems highly likely.

They returned our petition with a notice that stated we had either not provided payment or it was of an incorrect amount, with all our original documents rearranged as they wanted them, with our original envelope folded and tucked in behind the documents. The cheque was still inside this original envelope, and was to the correct amount, but it looked like someone had just folded the envelope without knowing anything was inside it (the cheque ended up folded at a random spot where the envelope had been folded)

We sent the entire packet back to them exactly as they had sent it to us, but secured the exact same cheque back to the front of the packet with two paperclips and they accepted it without further issue.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

Well, we didn't 100% get affirmative proof that that is what happened, but based on the circumstantial evidence, it seems highly likely.

I remember reading your posts about it what seems like forever ago now. They are very particular about the payment. Someone had packet returned to them because they attached cheque for $540 thinking $5 extra just in case to cover processing costs and maybe good luck. But nope, USCIS doesn't accept tips. :) Whole thing was returned due to incorrect payment. 

Just now, Shiran said:

I remember reading your posts about it what seems like forever ago now. They are very particular about the payment. Someone had packet returned to them because they attached cheque for $540 thinking $5 extra just in case to cover processing costs and maybe good luck. But nope, USCIS doesn't accept tips. :) Whole thing was returned due to incorrect payment. 

Yes haha I remember you replying to that post. I think one other person also had theirs returned to them because they provided more than one payment option. 😓However, in our case we basically just had to send everything back to them again (making sure that pesky cheque was very obvious and secure) and it worked that time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

All I can tell you is my experience and observations. Websites are NOT reliable. My case is still not updated on either (shows received) and I read about someone who just completed their interview and has Visa on hand but website still show received. Paper letters do arrive and they are vital, unlike NOA1 you should not lose them as they will be needed for adjustment of status. My recommendation take a good picture of them with your phone or scan them if you have that available and upload to cloud backed storage. If you call you might find out a few days earlier in advance. Up to you if it worth your time to sit on hold.

I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if your case unfortunately takes a little longer than average due to country of your beneficiary. This is purely speculative on my part and not in anyway official. Try to find other timelines from same country, and compare. Good luck everyone.

My cousin petitioned for an I 130 and received an approval after 6 months and the following petitioners on here with the same country as mine recieved an approval in the 6 month range , so I believe you may be right 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sara Bareq said:

I called a couple days ago and they basically told me they couldn’t tell me anything and everything I would need to know is on the site, I’m still waiting for my noa2 , it’s been 5 months since I received NOA1 

It's coming hang in there I just got my NOA2 .  And I put my k1 129F July 26 2018 . So it should be coming to you GL.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, David814 said:

It's coming hang in there I just got my NOA2 .  And I put my k1 129F July 26 2018 . So it should be coming to you GL.

Congratulations on your approval! Please update your timeline and profile https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=299440 so it helps yourself and others to get better estimates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Isabel&Will said:

Yes haha I remember you replying to that post. I think one other person also had theirs returned to them because they provided more than one payment option. 😓However, in our case we basically just had to send everything back to them again (making sure that pesky cheque was very obvious and secure) and it worked that time. 

Yea, that was me. I sent a check as well as the credit card form with a note saying they could use the check if the credit card form couldn't be used. They sent the whole thing back. Sucks because that set us back over a month. She'd maybe be here right now if I hadn't tried to go the extra mile so to speak 😡

1 minute ago, JMEngland said:

Yea, that was me. I sent a check as well as the credit card form with a note saying they could use the check if the credit card form couldn't be used. They sent the whole thing back. Sucks because that set us back over a month. She'd maybe be here right now if I hadn't tried to go the extra mile so to speak 😡

There is an old saying around these parts and that is "Do what do will do". Anymore and you can get yourself in trouble. JMHO

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There is an old saying around these parts and that is "Do what do will do". Anymore and you can get yourself in trouble. JMHO

Haha, yea, I guess it's just the Special Operations attitude in me. "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing". 😂😂😂

Just now, JMEngland said:

Haha, yea, I guess it's just the Special Operations attitude in me. "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing". 😂😂😂

Well it never hurts to have a backup plan, but to execute it along with your first operational exercise only exposes you to the enemy. It's kinda like the Navy motto "Loose lips sinks ships". About the same. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
6 hours ago, PandT said:

You are very welcome.  Now we move on to the next phase.  We just got approve on 1/11.  

OOps!  I just received the hard copy via USPS.  Our NOA2 was actually on 1/10 & not 1/11 ☺️.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, PandT said:

OOps!  I just received the hard copy via USPS.  Our NOA2 was actually on 1/10 & not 1/11 ☺️.

If you didn't destroy the envelope and have a good eyesight I bet you will see that postal stamp in upper right corner reads Jan 11. So they approved and issued notice on Jan 10, but didn't mail until a day later. 

Today I officially learned that Tier 1 agents CAN see case status even if the website is not updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.